♔039

A Mischievous Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter thirty-nine: The start 

I wait on the side walk, sitting on a nearby bench. I don't understand why he's always so hungry nowadays, I mean we ate not that long ago. 

I take my new phone out and admire it, I should thank him later. I look around at the scenery around me with the phone on camera mode, the quality looks good too. While holding the phone up in different directions, someone's face appears onto my screen. I put my phone down to see Tiffany staring at me.
 
"Omo, you scared me!" I say. She laughs, "That was the point, why are you sitting here all by yourself? You look abandoned." I put my phone back into my expensive hand bag and sigh, "I'm not really lonely, what about you? Shouldn't you be working?"

"I was told to go and bring my boss coffee, turns out I happened to see you here." 

"Well, aren't you going to get scolded if you don't go back?" I ask. She smiles brightly and shakes her head, "Doesn't matter if I do, but he doesn't mind half the time anyway." 

"Woah,  your boss must be a rather chill person then." I know Tiffany works for the Kim corporate but the impression Mr Kim, especially Mrs Kim gives me makes it seem like everyone who holds power in the company are really cold and intense. Since Jaejoong is the rightful heir, is he going to end up being like them one day? 

"Director Kim? He's insanely smart, an important figure in the company, so many issues have been resolved because of his intelligence. I'm surprised Mr Kim, or Jaejoong's father in this case became the heir instead." I nod, I'm not really familiar with what goes on with the financial side of our families, in fact I'm oblivious to everything. We sit in silence for a little while but I manage to speak up again. 

"Neh, Tiffany, you should get the coffee quickly before the line gets too long." She smiles, her eye smile is so pretty, "You're right, I better get going and I think your husband is here to pick you up." She says, staring into the distance, I follow her gaze and the window of a fancy car goes down, revealing an impatient Jaejoong in his sunglasses. 

"I'll see you some time, maybe have a coffee together and invite Yoochun too?" I ask. "

"Sure, good bye for now!" She waves, turning her back away. I make my way to the passenger seat as Jaejoong stares at me. "Who's that? She's hot." 
Part of me dies a little, as far as I know he's never complimented me for real. "She's just a friend I met, Yoochun knows her too. If you're so interested maybe you can tell him to introduce her to you." I say, crossing my arms. 

"Why so mad for? Are you upset because I don't compliment your looks?" 

I am so sick of his ability to read my mind as if I'm transparent. "I can't help it that you don't even put in effort or any touch ups when you're out in the public. I mean, if you don't wear at least some bb cream and lip gloss you'll look like an unattractive outcast." 

"Yeah, sorry I'm into natural beauty. You really think I don't try at all? I always get my eyebrows done once in a while and do you know how much it hurts? Oh you probably do because you're more feminine and wear more make up than me." He laughs and places his hand on my shoulder, "Not everyone possesses natural beauty, unless you're me of course. That reminds me, let's go." 

"Where?" 

"I'm getting a haircut, my fringe and bangs are getting so long I can't even see." Jaejoong is blind regardless, why do I even like him? Also, I thought he said he was hungry, or is he hungry for a haircut...

He starts the engine and car ride is some what awkward. I think about the events that happened before Jaejoong arrived. Myungsoo telling me about his case, how he hasn't visited that hospital in years and how Changmin scolded me for being nosy and practically said nothing is my business. Maybe it isn't my business but it doesn't mean I don't want to know, what harm can it do? I just want to be aware of the man I like. 

"Hey Jaejoong, is there anything about yourself that you haven't told anyone?" He looks at me weirdly for a split second before quickly focusing on the road. "Like...how I had explosive diarrhoea once in college and stunk up the toilet and said it was Junsu? Oh I just exposed it." 
I can't help but laugh even if it's disgusting, "No like, legit things." 

"Hah, LEGIT things you say," he says emphasising the word, "What are you talking about? So you're saying what I just said wasn't legit?" I sigh and just ignore him, I really don't understand this person. Is he acting like this because he doesn't actually know what I'm trying to ask or is he pretending? Either way, I'll just push those thoughts aside. 

"If you read weird news about me on the media, just ignore it because it's probably not true okay." That's not what the question meant but whatever, "Yeah, I get it."  

 We arrive at the professional hair salon, the whole place is vacant as the hair dressers greet us. "Good afternoon Kim Jaejoong-ssi and Mrs Kim." They politely bow. I weakly smile and sigh, as if Jaejoong would book the whole place just for one little haircut. He sits down as the hairdressers begin to question how he'd like to cut his hair.

"I just want the bangs slightly shortened and I would like to redye my hair, look at all the regrowth, it's hindering my beauty." I hear him say. I chuckle, what is there to expect from this man. 

"Yah, Ka Eun, what colour should I dye my hair?" I widen my eyes and stare at him, he who says I have bad taste in fashion and no sense of swag, is asking me what hair colour? 

"Um, black..only because you're complaining about your regrowth and black is your natural hair colour anyway since you're Asian." I randomly reply. "Yeah, I totally don't know that I'm Asian. What, black hair because that's how the Han Jaejoon was?" 

"Not at all." I say, fiddling with my fingers. "I'm feeling black hair too, I'll dye it black." 

I sit there for ten minutes into Jaejoong's haircut and to be honest, even though they've been snipping away for ten minutes it looks no different fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter