♔028

A Mischievous Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter twenty-eight: Invitation 

It’s still relatively early in the morning, well not really but I somehow got invited to go to Taeyeon’s house for a little social time that girls have. Yes, I’m excited. As soon as we arrived home, Jaejoong had collapsed into deep slumber in my room, and I have no idea why. I pull out my phone and flick my hair out of my face, I guess I’ll just text him about it and he probably wouldn’t give a .

Kim Jaejoong,

I’m going to go to a friend’s house, see you later stupid .

Your ‘lover’,

Ka Eun.

I open up my hand bag, ready to place the phone back into its original location, before it vibrates the melody of the message alert.

off and let me sleep, your text woke me up, I hate you.

Jaejoong

That was a quick reply, oh well; I guess he’s tired from waking up this morning as well as all the things that happened too, I hope he gets better then.

Myungsoo drives me to Taeyeon’s house, though her house isn’t near the size of mine it gives a very modernistic home feeling, and for some reason the way the furniture is set up just looks really warm. “Hang on Ka Eun! Just stay there for a while; I need to quickly brush my teeth!” She says before running back upstairs again. I guess she’s just as lazy and clumsy in the morning as Jaejoong is, and if Jaejoong isn’t someone who takes advantage of his good looks they could probably be good friends too.

Regardless whether or not it’s rude, I casually walk around the living room, gazing at the pictures set up neatly across the mini shelves. I stare and smile at the pictures of her and family, they look so sweet and loving, all possessing that same benevolent smile of kindness just like Taeyeon. I guess its genetics. I heave a little sigh, I’m happy I was found again, but I never understood why I was ever lost and I never felt the motherly love since birth. Questioning why Taeyeon’s taking so long, I glide my eyes over and stare at a group photo. A photo consisting of Taeyeon, Sunny, Yuri and on the side a really tall and slim man, though his head is turned slightly to the left, making it extremely difficult to distinguish his appearance.  I lean in and intently stare more closely there’s also another girl and beside her is… is that Jaejoong? Can’t be, the guy’s like, okay I don’t want to be mean but he doesn’t have a great body build.

“I’m back! Eh? Ka Eun, what are you looking at?” I flinch and quickly stand in an upright position, “N-nothing.” I laugh awkwardly. Taeyeon stares at me expressionless for a while until the doorbell rings, I guess the other girls are here.  “Hey Ka Eun, can you do me a favour and open the door? I need to take out the rubbish and prepare some drinks! Those two tend to be a bit greedy.” I nod and head towards the door. Confused on how to unlock the door I quickly turn around, unintentionally seeing Taeyeon throw what appears to be a frame into a scrap box. Before she notices, I turn my head quickly and surprisingly, got the door open.

Not long, we all sit around casually on the soft carpet inside Taeyeon’s spacious bedroom. I’m still confused about the photo though, it looks so old but then again the guy I assumed to be Jaejoong had really long hair nearly covering his eyes so I could possibly be wrong.  “Ka Eun,” Yuri asks, waving her hand in front of my face “is something bothering you?” They all turn their attention on me.

“Anniyo, it’s fine, I’m just a bit overwhelmed about being able to sit around at a house with other girls.” Which is indeed half true, it’s not like I had friends and I’m too shy to self-proclaim them as my friends in front of them because they might think I’m strange.

“What do you mean other girls?” Sunny pouts, “I thought we were friends!” I wave both my hands multiple times, “Anniyo! It’s not like that, I’m just a bit shy to say that.” Taeyeon and Yuri both give me a pat on my shoulder, “Aigoo you’re so cute.” Taeyeon says.

“Hey, on the other hand I heard that you have your father’s birthday party and many people are attending, what present did you get?” Yuri curiously asks. I internally rage on fire about the events that happened this morning and how those insensitive parents are attending and how I have to act like I’m an angel. I take a few deep breaths and smile at her, “I got a really nice watch and I’m sure he’ll like it. It was also quite expensive!”

“That’s nice!” Sunny proclaims, however placing her hand on my cheek. “Are you alright Ka Eun? For some reason you look a little nervous and unwell today.” I guess I’m still thinking about the photo too, everything seems so twisted and Jaejoong’s also a weirdo… that man in the picture might be him but then who’s the other girl and who’s the other man… why do I even want to know so much.

Taeyeon picks up a newspaper and places it in front of us all, the one with me on the headlines. “Aigoo, it must be this isn’t it Ka Eun, is it hard on you?” I’m glad she found an excuse for me acting a little strange so I nod my head and let out an uncomfortable smile, “It’s not that hard on me, I don’t mind that much it’s just that I’m worried people might think badly about my family.” I honestly reply. “Ka Eun’s such a good girl.” Yuri smiles.

“Okay girls! Get up! Let’s make some lunch in the kitchen.” For some odd reason I actually enjoy cooking and I must admit I’m not bad at it even though it’s not as good as my baking.  After a few hours of messing around, we finally finish our dishes and set them out on the table.

“It’s all Yuri’s fault, she’s so bad at cooking.” Taeyeon says. “Why? No! It’s Sunny! All she did was try to eat the food and doesn’t really help out does she?” Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter