♔024

A Mischievous Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter twenty-four: Concerns

It’s actually heading towards the holidays, which means no more college for a little while. Well that sounds quite nice, and maybe I can spend some time with my new friends. However, it’s a day off today, since we don’t have to attend every day. All I’m doing is rolling around the soft carpet in my pyjamas and listening to some music.

Jaejoong? He hasn’t spoken to me since yesterday; I don’t even know what to do nor know why he’s so angry, honestly.

Separate lives, separate lives, those words are always repeating inside my head. However, without him trolling around and being an idiot, it does get pretty damn boring. It’s also awkward to ask Taeyeon and the girls to go out when I’m not that close to them yet. I sigh in grief and slide my fingers across the smooth carpet. Maybe there are dust lice inside, we never know, and if that’s the case I’ll just go and wash my hands.

I am so bored!

Except… Jaejoong isn’t the type to wait for people or spend time on people. To reject him like that must have angered him a lot.

Oops.

I guess I should go and apologise, but then I also have to confront him and tell him that he doesn’t own me and I can do whatever I want. Hastily, I rush towards Jaejoong’s bedroom and knock on the door. It’s still early in the morning, so he wouldn’t wake up so early right? I guess I’m wrong, to my surprise the door flicks open, a Jaejoong with messy bed hair stands there with his singlet on and an ‘I only just woke up’ look on his face.

“Annyeong.” I awkwardly wave, looking up at his face.

“What do you need?”

“I just, I just want to say sorry for yesterday, ditching you and all.” He tilts his head on the side and scratches the back of his neck. One of his eyes half shut, this guy must be extremely tired. Looking at him makes me tired too. I stare at him with wide eyes but he still doesn’t really say anything, but I can feel a sudden grip on my wrist as my body gets dragged towards him.

“It’s still early in the morning, you should be tired too. Come sleep.”

And that’s the only thing he says after I apologise. He drags me to his bed and climbs in, while I stand there on the spot. “You know… even if I’m tired I have my own place to sleep.”

Okay, please, please don’t tell me Kim Jaejoong is having his moments again because if he is, I should be feeling scared and completely clueless on what I should do. He turns around and looks at me with his sleepy doe eyes and drags me in towards him, placing me next to him in bed.

“Ka Eunnie, just go to sleep.” He whispers. I think he’s up to something, I cannot allow myself to be deceived by his calmness, there’s something called the calm before the storm. However, if I refuse I think he might explode with more rage. Forgetting about everything, I calmly relax myself beside him and turn around, awkwardly staring at his sleeping face. Yeah, Kim Jaejoong, when you’re asleep you’re an angel, a pretty boy. My lips involuntarily curve into a small smile, but let it drop immediately. Why am I thinking such weird things, he’s a total monster when he’s awake, a total jerk too.

“Please leave me alone.” He whispers in his sleep, I glide my fingers across his forehead and his fringe away from his face. What is this person doing again?

“Um, you’re the one who told me to come here you .”

“Mianhae.” He softly whispers his words and tilts his head another direction. I stare at him, wide-eyed, I think he’s hiding something from me. It feels as if there’s another side to Jaejoong in which I am completely clueless of. I examine his sleeping expression again; nothing seems to be wrong with it. Yoochun’s words come to my mind, he told me to not worry so much and not bring things up unnecessarily.

So, I probably won’t ask Jaejoong at all.

“Sleep well my mysterious husband.” I softly say, slightly surprised by my own words. I slip out of the cosy, warm bed, filled with his distinctive scent. How strange, because I know what Jaejoong smells like now.

*

“Mrs Kim, there’s a formal party as it will be your father’s birthday in two days. I know it’s a bit sudden, however since they’re quite busy, they did not have the time to contact you earlier.” Myungsoo assures, being the typical assistant he is.

“Sure thing, how big is the party?”

“That, I do not have a clue of, however there has been invitations sent out to many aristocrat families, so the number isn’t small. Let me add, your father does want the party to be special.” He replies, sounding more stoned than before. I lightly punch him on the right arm, and he flinches a little.

“Oh, so you do feel pain, sorry I had to do that or else I’d think that you’re a robot.” I chuckle, but no one laughed with me. I awkwardly stare back at Myungsoo then back at the floor and dash away. This person is so awkward I can’t even stand hanging around with him for more than five minutes. A sudden collision to some object stops me, throbbing pain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter