Surprises: Good and Bad

A FUNNY thing called Love ♥

(AN: I have been absent for a long while... *toobusywithmyofflinelife* but now I'm back... hopefully... ^^ Did you miss me? My imaginary story characters nagged me from being away... lol~ Anyway… Back to the story~ Finally!)


 
"Oppa, what do you plan on cooking?" you asked Kyuhyun curiously. Before he could answer your question, Ryeowook suddenly popped inside the kitchen startling the both of you.
 
"I’m going to cook lunch today!" he said smiling widely as he tapped Kyuhyun on the back.
 
"What the heck.... Geez Wookie, you almost gave me a heart attack!" Kyuhyun sighed deeply and clutched his chest. You laughed when you saw how wide his eyes had been as he glared at Ryeowook.
 
Ryeowook laughed and patted Kyuhyun on the shoulder. "Mianhe Kyu..." he scratched his hair. “I didn’t mean to..." he stuck his tongue out and laughed.
 
"I guess I won’t be cooking after all..." sighed Kyuhyun as he crossed his arms glaring at Ryeowook who was busy sorting out his ingredients. He walked away grumbling.
 
"I’m saving everyone the trouble of having to eat burnt food." Ryeowook calmly stated.
 
Kyuhyun was about to step outside when Ryeowook's words sank down on him. "HEY!" he retaliated and went back inside to strangle Ryeowook.
 
You smiled at the funny friendly scene in front of you. Kyuhyun strangling Ryeowook's neck as he tries to break free. 
 
" Kyu! Stop that!" complained Ryeowook as he tried to get out of his grasp. "The meat is going to burn!"
 
Kyuhyun laughed and pretended not to hear him as he strangles Ryeowook some more. You smiled and kept quiet as you decided to go to the garden outside.
 
(I'll leave them be...) you thought.
 
Just as you were about to step outside, a familiar voice called you back. You turned around and saw Heechul holding up the dormitory's cordless phone.
 
"_________-ah..." he said. You wondered why his face looks a bit irritated.
 
"Heechul Oppa? What is it?" you asked.
 
"Phone call..." he said shortly and handed you the phone.
 
You took it and wondered why Heechul looked pissed. You laughed when you heard him grumble about how irritating the person on the other side is.
 
"Yoboseyo?" you answered the phone.
 
"Hey SIS!" it answered. You almost dropped the phone in excitement. It was none other than your brother, Shin Ji, calling all the way from home.
 
(AN: I didn’t specify the exact location of the main character so just make up your own locations... ^^ Why name him Shin Ji? Hmm, I don’t know really...: P Just imagine him looking like Lee Hongki of FT Island... Speaking of Hongki... isn’t he Heenim's best friend? ^^ He's perfect for the image of the brother... he he~ I can just imagine him annoying the hell out of Heechul~)
 
Heechul's irritated face flashed back into your mind and you wondered what Shin Ji did.
 
"Yah! What did you say earlier?" you asked sternly. "Heechul Oppa looked really pissed off..." You heard him laugh on the other end.
 
"Oh, that guy earlier..." you heard him laugh. “I almost choked my coke off when I heard him enthusiastically greeting me with YO MAN! WAZUP BRODAH!" he laughed. "I decided to play games and conversed with him in fluent English. He replied back and as the conversation got longer I sensed that he started to be at a loss for words so I apologized and started talking in Korean..." Shin Ji laughed. "He scolded me… well, he practically yelled at me for not talking Korean in the first place and I just laughed... that’s it."
 
"Babo! You shouldn’t have laughed" you smiled trying to imagine how hard it was for Heechul to communicate in English. "Why did you call me in the first place?" you asked trying to change the subject.
 
"Did Eli call you earlier?" you heard him ask. You remembered the phone call which you received yesterday.
 
(AN: See previous chapter~)
 
(Flashback)
 
"Pigeon... What is it?" you asked. You heard him struggling to talk.
 
"Did Jay contact you yet?" Eli asked. You heard Kevin and Alexander laughing in the background.
 
(AN: Shin Ji's English name is Jason. Eli calls him Jay. You prefer to call him Shin Ji)
 
"Nope, I haven’t received any call from Shin Ji..." you wondered why your brother's name was suddenly brought up.”Why? Is there something I need to know?"
 
(Should I ruin it for her? Nah!) He thought. You heard him pause for a bit. 
 
"Maybe he should tell you himself..." you heard him say. You raised your eyebrow in confusion.
 
"What!? Big bird! TELL ME!" you demanded as you raised your voice. "There is something you’re hiding from me, now spill!" you said. Eli just laughed.
 
"You'll be surprised soon enough..." he said and suddenly hung up. You’re jaw suddenly dropped down when you realized that Eli hung up on you.
 
(I’m going to kill that bird...) you furrowed your eyebrows in annoyance as you tried to call him again.
 
(/end of flashback)
 
"Yeah, he didn’t tell me anything though..." you grumbled. “That big bird is always being annoying... by the way Shin Ji, how are you? I missed you, brat~" you asked and smiled.
 
Shin Ji sighed deeply. "Sis, I told you to call me Jason..." he noted and emphasized his English name. “Only you call me Shin Ji nowadays... even Mom and Dad calls me Jason..."
 
You rolled your eyes. "Well, you'll always be Shin Ji to me... and that won’t ever change..." you grinned.
 
He sighed. "... Old woman..." he whispered silently but unfortunately you heard what he said.
 
"SHIN JI! You brat!" you complained. You heard him laugh.
 
"Mianhe Noona..." he laughed. ”Everything’s going peachy back here... Dad's getting a bit frantic you know, He asks Mom to call on you often..." he said.
 
(Geez dad...) you thought. (I hope it’s not about living with the Super Junior Oppas...)
 
"Mom tells him to shut up whenever he gets like that..." Shin Ji continued. "I wonder what you did to make him feel so uneasy..." he wondered loudly.
 
"I did nothing... Maybe he's just worried that I live very far from home..." you sighed.
 
 
"Maybe... or worse, you’re living with a dozen guys and you’re the only girl... That’s definitely BAD news right?" he said sarcastically while laughing. You felt large drops of sweat form in your forehead.
 
(... Shin Ji doesn’t know that I live in the Super Junior dormitory...) you mentally slapped yourself. (He'll go ballistic if he knew...) you imagined Shin Ji flying to Korea just to take you back home. He's a brat but he is very protective of his big sister and loves her even if he doesn’t really show it.
 
(AN: You’re parents haven’t mentioned anything to your brother about you living with many guys. They just told him that your living with your Uncle.)
 
"Yeah, THAT’S going to be something alright." you awkwardly laughed and agreed with him.
 
"Oh yeah, Sis..." he followed. “I have news for you~" he said.
 
"Really? What is it?" you got excited.
 
"I have..." you heard him sniff and you furrowed your eyebrows in concern.
 
"You have?" you asked with worry in the tone of your voice.
 
"I have...cancer..." he said softly. Your heart sank and you felt like crying. "How!? Why!? We don’t have a trace of cancer in our family..." you said. You felt tears start to drop from your eyes.
 
"Oh Shin Ji..." you said. Your sadness quickly faded when you heard him laugh loudly. You knitted your eyebrows as if you are glaring at him in person.
 
"SHIN JI!?" you said louder. "ARE YOU MESSING with ME!?"
 
"I’m just Kidding Noona~" he laughed. "I knew you really cared about me~" he teased.
 
"Shut up brat..." you growled. ”What’s the real surprise?" you asked.
 
"I’m going to live there soon..." he said calmly.
 
"NO WAY! Seriously?" your jaw dropped and excitement quickly filled your body. "WHEN!? WHY!? IS THIS another joke?" you asked sternly.
 
"Nope, it’s not a joke anymore~ It’s a project with my sunbaes... I’m still not sure of the exact date... Maybe in the next month or so?" he said.
 
(AN: Shin Ji finished college before his sister because he studied early. He is now working as an architect. Being the youngest architect of his years at the age of 19. He’s about to do a global project with his seniors and Korea as their target location.)
 
"That would be so awesome!" you smiled and talked some more with your brother. “
 
Meanwhile, at the Seoul Incheon International Airport, Nichkhun, Victoria and the rest of 2PM just arrived back in Korea.
 
"Unnie!!!"
 
Victoria turned around and a smile crept up her face when she saw a very covered yet very hyper Sulli and Krystal calling her from the lobby. She also saw Luna who was smiling and talking to the guys of SHINee which were also covered up in disguises. They called her a while ago to inform her that they’re coming to pick her up at the airport.
 
"So that means that you’re already good to go?" smiled Nichkhun as he tapped Victoria on the shoulder.
 
Victoria smiled. "Yeah... Luna called me a while ago and told me that were hitching a ride with Minho..."
 
"Noona, those guys look suspicious with those outfits on..." Chansung held his laughter. "They stand out more instead of blending in..."
 
Victoria smiled as she gazed at them. Jonghyun’s wearing a black scarf covering most of his face and sunglasses. Luna's hair was braided and she was wearing a beanie with glasses and a scarf as well. Key was wearing a pink scarf covering his neck and a facial mask of the same color. Taemin was sitting near them wearing huge glasses.
 
"You’re right, they stand out a lot looking like that don’t they?" she giggled and agreed with Chansung. "Ill be leaving now guys~" she said and gave Nichkhun a kiss on his cheek. “Bye~” she said.
 
"Okay then~" he blushed and said as he waved goodbye to Victoria who was now rushing towards her welcome party.
 
Nichkhun wondered why he felt disappointed for not being able to her home. He ignored the hooting sounds coming from the other guys. That little gesture made his heart flutter. He shook all the thoughts away when he felt his phone ring.
 
"Hello...?" he said. 
 
"We need to talk..." The caller was none other than Eli.
 
Nichkhun raised his eyebrow. (What does he want...?)
 
"HYUNG!" Junho shouted while carrying the other bags towards the van. "LET’S GO!!!"
 
"OK, I'LL BE RIGHT THERE!" Nichkhun shouted back and placed the phone on his ear again.
 
"Eli... What is it?" he resumed talking.
 
That evening, Your Uncle arrived with Kangin and Siwon. Both were carrying boxes inside the house.
 
"Hyung, what’s in these?" asked Kangin as he placed the box down. Siwon doing the same and placing the box near Kangin's.
 
"Ill explain as soon as you round up everyone in the living room." your Uncle said and entered the room.
 
Kangin immediately ran up the stairs and started yelling at everyone to go down. Siwon followed suit but was stopped by your uncle.
 
"Siwon, call my niece as well..." he smiled and sat down the sofa. Siwon nodded and called you downstairs as well.
 
As everyone gathered in the living room. You saw your Uncle pacing and looking at everyone while smiling.
 
"Great news guys!" he exclaimed. "Super Junior has been chosen as Metro Wear’s new faces!"
 
(AN: Metro Wear is like Chanel, Versace, Dolce and Gabanna etc., the only difference is that, it’s purely fictional... XD Think of it as a worldwide fashion line~ It’s an honor to be part of their line of endorsers…)
 
"Whe!? You’re kidding me!" Donghae said unbelieving.
 
"Why would I joke?" grinned your Uncle. He asked Shindong and Kangin to grab the boxes that was just brought.
 
"Inside these boxes are customized jackets from the line." your Uncle said. Heechul's eyes started to flicker as he slowly made his way towards the boxes. You’re Uncle saw the glint in his eyes and stopped him.
 
"Whoa~ Not so fast Heechul. I’m here to announce one more thing as well..." your Uncle said.
 
"On Wednesday, you’re going to have a press conference for the Fashion Line..." he continued. “I need two guys to go to the location and survey the area for a while..." he said. "Any volunteers?"
 
Eunhyuk and Donghae quickly shot their hands up at the same time. They looked at each other and laughed. Kyuhyun crossed his arms because the two beat him to it. He wanted to survey the area as well.
 
"Looks like I have my two guys..." your Uncle smiled. 
 
"No fair… Can’t I come as well?" asked Kyuhyun.
 
"You can’t Kyu... Remember? You’ve got to go rehearse with Jonghyun and the others..." noted Yesung as he patted Kyuhyun on the arm. Kyuhyun pouted and stayed silent.
 
“Its alright Kyu~ Ill take you there after your rehearsals…” Zhoumi said trying to comfort him.
 
"Chubster..." Your Uncle said and looked at you. 
 
You pointed to yourself and mouthed. (Me?) Your uncle nodded and said. "I need you to go with them... Could you do that for me?"
 
"Sure, no problem Uncle..." you nodded.
 
"Yah! Ahjussi... Aren’t we trustworthy enough?" said Donghae laughing.
 
"No... I need someone mature to look after you..." Your Uncle said and made everyone laugh.
 
"Don’t you want _______-ah to be there with us Donghae?" joked Eunhyuk.
 
"I DO!" Donghae suddenly said. He sweatdropped as he saw the other guys raise their eyebrows. "Anii... Its not that I like her... I do!” he said and made you blush. Eunhyuk turned to him and raised his eyebrow. Sungmin was a bit tired that night but hearing Donghae’s words made him alert. Donghae panicked and sighed deeply as he shaked off the negative vibe he’s getting.
 
“But not in that way... as a friend~ Geez, why make this sound so complicated..." he said after taking a deep breath. He sweatdropped and ignored the glares boring on his back. You laughed at Donghae's flustered look. Your Uncle laughed and made the awkward moment a bit lighter.
 
(AN: Aww... cute fishy~ No, Donghae wont be the fifth admirer… :P Sorry Donghae fans~ Fish are friends… not food? LOL~)
 
"When will we go Uncle?" you asked trying to change the mood.
 
"The day after tomorrow... Leave during the morning okay? So Time wont be wasted…" your Uncle smiled and patted you on the back. “Thanks Chubster for doing this..." he whispered.
 
"It’s no problem really..." you smiled back.
 
The next day, you woke up early and went to school with Ryeowook. Kyuhyun was sleeping like a log so he was left behind.
 
"Oppa..." you said. Ryeowook smiled and turned to you.
 
"What is it ____-ah?" he asked. 
 
"It feels different that it’s only the two of us walking to school isn’t it?" you smiled. You kind of missed Kyuhyun's sharp remarks whenever Ryeowook cracks a joke.
 
"_____-ah miss our dear Kyu?" Ryeowook teased. You suddenly turned red and flailed your arms frantically.
 
"Anii... I D-don’t..." you stuttered while trying to defend yourself. Ryeowook patted you on the back.
 
"Kidding~" he said and laughed. You pouted and made him chuckle some more. You both arrived in school.
 
After four long hours of discussions, it was finally 12 o'clock. "Time for a little break..." you mumbled to yourself. You wiped the sweat of your face and began walking towards the school cafeteria.
 
You felt like being followed. The hairs on your arms began to rise as you felt the eerie silence of the halls. You felt like screaming when you suddenly felt a cold hand grab your right arm.
 
"AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" you screamed and fell down on the pavement. Your fright vanished when you heard a cute laughter. You glanced up and saw only Sohyun giggling as she helped you up.
 
"Unnie! Why did you fall down when I held your arm..." she pouted cutely. "You are so FUNNY!"
 
You stood up and dusted your clothes then pinched her on the cheek. "Sohyuh-sshi... I thought you were a ghost..." you confessed and laughed. Sohyun giggled and locked her arms in yours.
 
"I’m sorry Unnie..." she smiled. “Anyway... Are you going to the cafeteria?" she asked.
 
"Yeah, I just got out of my Ceramic class... I desperately need a break." you sighed.
 
"I saw you get out of the Art department so I followed you..." she laughed. You looked at her and raised your eyebrow.
 
"You’re cutting classes aren’t you?" you whispered. Sohyun giggled and shook her head.
 
"It’s not cutting classes... I’m just taking a break from my boring teacher..." she explained. You laughed.
 
"It’s still the same..." you said. “But you’re very welcome to join me for Lunch Sohyun-sshi~" Sohyun nodded and walked with you.
 
“Henry Oppa is not going to be with us?” asked Sohyun.
 
(AN: After the Zhao Incident, Henry and Zhoumi was used to spending Lunch time with you and Sohyun.)
 
“Nope, He’s still at home with Zhoumi Oppa… Come to think of it… Kyuhyun Oppa is still sleeping at home too…” you giggled.
 
Sohyun smiled and glanced around. She wondered why there were no students walking while you two passed the corridors. (How strange... These halls are normally crowded with students...) she worriedly thought.
 
"How's your group activities so far Sohyun-sshi~" you asked. Sohyun gave you two thumbs up and smiled.
 
"Were preparing for our Japan activities which I’m hoping will start next month~" she grinned.
 
"Good Luck~" you gave her a hug. "I’m sure you'll do well~"
 
"Thank you Unnie~" she grinned and cuddled your arm. You pinched her cheeks and smiled.
 
"Japan FIGHTING!" you said cheerfully and made her laugh.
 
“Fighting!” she pumped her fists as well.
 
Sohyun unconsciously glanced up the sky. Her eyes went wide when she saw something falling fast and towards you. (What the hell is that!?) She screamed in her mind. She quickly rushed to you when she realized that it was a falling flower pot.
 
"UNNIE WATCH OUT!!!" she shouted and pushed you aside.
 
"Huh?" you wondered when you felt Sohyun push you. You fell and fortunately landed on the grass.
 
"OMG! Sohyun-sshi!!!" You gasped in horror when you saw Sohyun lying on the sidewalk with a shattered potted plant lying on the floor. Unfortunately hitting poor Sohyun on her left leg. You rushed to her and helped her up and escorted her to the nurse’s office.
 
"It hurts..." grumbled Sohyun. You felt tears fall from your eyes as you saw how big the cut on her leg.
 
"Its going to be fine Sohyun-sshi..." you said as you entered the nurse’s office together with Sohyun.
 

(AN: Tada... that’s it... Im going to try and update more to make up for the two months I left… T__T;;; )