Xiao Mai

A FUNNY thing called Love ♥

(AN: This chapter will be about Xiao Mai and her history... Please bear with it for a while... This is to help you understand her more, i hope... ^^;; Ill make it up to you once she is out of the picture... and for those trying to guess who the ex is... someone already mentioned the right name~ Im not giving anymore hints... <3 )


Nam Xiao Mai, 19 yrs of age, the only daughter of a well known family in Beijing. Her half brother is Nam Zhao Ren, 25 yrs old, The sucessor of the Nam Group. Her father died when she was 16. He promised his colleage Mr. Lau, the fusion of both their businesses. Xiao Mai was to be wed to his son Henry.
 
(Flashbacks: 5 years ago, Xiao Mai is14 yrs old)
 
"Jin~" Xiao Mai ran and giggled towards a young teenaged boy. Han Jin was the son of a worker in the Nam Group. He grew up serving the Nam's and befriending the youngest family member, Xiao Mai.
 
Jin looked behind him and saw his best friend bringing over a basket of hand picked flowers.
 
"Those are soo pretty~" he beamed as he took the basket from her and lightly placed it on the ground. Xiao Mai slumped down on the grass beside Jin. They both laughed when a brightly colored butterfly flew down onto Xiao Mai's nose.
 
"What do you want to do when you grow up?" asked Jin.
 
Xiao Mai smiled at him. "I dont know... I just want you to be by my side~" she hugged him.
 
Jin laughed. "Me too~"
 
(AN: No Malice people! These two are still children...)
 
"I want to go around the world!" said Jin as he lied down the grass. Xiao Mai lied down beside him and smiled. "Take me with you!" she said.
 
"Of course! Youre my bestfriend!" he grinned and sat up once again.
 
"Promise?" said Xiao Mai pouting.
 
"Its a Promise!" grinned Jin as they both held their fingers together as a pact.
 
(end of flashback)
 
"Xiao Mai..." Zhao looked at his sister who was still lost in her own thoughts. He pinched her arm to get her attention. She looked at him with a sad expression but he dismissed it.
 
 
"Were here... Lets go..." said Zhao as he motioned his sister outside the car. They both went towards their own Hotel Rooms.  Xiao Mai entered her luxurious room and took an old photo album from her luggage. She scanned the pages till it fell on a photo of her 18 yr old self grinning with a handsome brightly smiling young man standing beside her.
 
"Jin..." she said as tears slid down her cheeks.
 
(AN: and yes... i used Horikita Maki as Xiao Mai... XD Just pretend she aint japanese ok? hahaha)
(Flashbacks: 3 years ago, Xiao Mai is 16 yrs old)
 
Xiao Mai cried as her father grew weak due to cancer. He still smiled at his lovely daughter even though he knows his life wouldnt last long. He told her about his promise to his colleage and about the fusion of their businesses. Her father didnt pressure her into marrying Henry till Zhao Ren came into the picture.
 
The first day Xiao Mai saw Zhao was during the funeral of her father. She didnt know he was her half brother by that time. She knew him more during the passing of the Nam title, 2 years later after her father's death. 
 
(2 years later, Xiao Mai is 18 yrs old)
 
 
The company seriously needed a leader and since women arent trusted with such a high position they needed to find someone worthy, her mother wasnt fit to lead according to them. It was till then that they discovered that there was a true Heir. The company was passed on to her father's only son. She never knew her father had a relationship with another woman before he met her mother, let alone have a son with her.
 
 
"The Nam Group CEO position will now be passed on to the next generation of Nams." stated the man gesturing Zhao to the stage. "Nam Zhao Ren, the only son of the previous CEO will now take over..."
 
Everybody clapped. Xiao Mai just settled in observing the new person that just came in her life.
 
"Everyone please bow down in respect to our new leader..." said the guy on stage.
 
Everyone bowed down in respect and Zhao smiled at them all and bowed as well.
 
Xiao Mai was just about to leave with her mother when Zhao called her. He was so kind at that time.
 
"Xiao~ Come, i want to talk to you..." he said and motioned Xiao inside the office that once belonged to her father. Zhao Ren bowed down low to Xiao Mai's mother before closing the door.
 
"What do you want brother?" asked Xiao Mai.
 
Zhao Ren's expression turned from Kind to a devious one. He smirked at Xiao Mai and shook his finger in her face. His outer shell dissolved as soon as he went inside the room.
 
"I believe you have some obligations to fulfill to this company..." he started and looked at Xiao Mai. She raised her eyebrows confused at what he wants to say.
 
"The Lau group has promised to fuse their business properties with the Nam group..." he said. "Im sure Father has told you all about that..."
 
Xiao Mai recalled her father saying those things and she nodded. Zhao Ren smirked.
 
"Inorder to make the fusion legal, A son of the Lau's must be wed to a daughter of the Nam's..." he said and looked at Xiao Mai seriously. "and since you are the only daughter... I guess you know what that means..."
 
Xiao Mai's eyes widened. "I dont want to marry someone i dont know!" she yelled. Zhao Ren furrowed his eyebrows. "Didnt you make a promise to our Father?" he asked.
 
"I promised him but I..." Xiao Mai did make a promise to fuse both businesses but she never recalled him ever pressuring her into marriage.
 
Zhao Ren pursed his lips. "Tsk Tsk... Wont Father be dissappointed with you..." He knew how to twist words and make Xiao Mai feel guilty.
 
"The downfall of the Nam Group will be blamed solely on you, Xiao Mai..." he said and smirked at her. He stood up and circled her slowly. "Promising something you cant keep..."
 
"I didnt agree on any marriage!" she spat. Zhao Ren chuckled at her fierceness. He said something afterwards that made her take back her words.
 
"Han Jin..." he said and smiled at her. "I wonder what could happen to him now..." he said and looked at his watch.
 
Xiao Mai's eyes widened. "WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM!? WHAT DID YOU DO!?" she cried. Zhao Ren laughed. "Why should i tell you?" he sarcastically asked. "Is that street rat that precious to you?"
 
Zhao Ren stopped pacing and sat down in the Chair in front of Xiao Mai.
 
Xiao Mai felt little tears trickle down from her eyes. "Dont do anything to him... I beg of you..."
 
Zhao Ren grinned. His plan working just as he assumed. "I wont..." he said and Xiao Mai looked at him. "... as long as you will do as i say..."
 
"Dont worry... He is alive... for now, i havent done anything to him... yet..." he said. Xiao Mai's tears couldnt stop flowing as she listened to her brother's proposition.
 
"Im not going to harm him... as long as the wedding will be pushed through as planned..." he simply said, ignoring the fact that his younger sister is crying in front of him.
 
"Please dont do this... Dont you have a heart?" she begged him. Zhao Ren merely chuckled and went out of the room.
 
"No i dont." he said and closed the door leaving Xiao Mai inside crying.
 
She went outside to breathe and ponder about her future. She felt like she was crushed into something she cant get out of and finding it hard to breathe fresh air. She remembered Jin and ran towards his house. She was worried that something had happened to him. She breathed a sigh of relief when she saw him watering the garden nearby. He turned around and smiled when he saw her.
 
"Xiao!" he waved and smiled. Xiao Mai ran to hug him tight.
 
"I missed you too~" he sweatdropped and patted her on the back. Xiao Mai smiled at him. (Im glad your safe) she thought and hugged him more.
 
Jin remembered he had made something earlier and nudged Xiao Mai off him. He grinned and went inside the house leaving Xiao Mai standing outside his house. Jin came back with his hands hidden behind his back.
 
"Close your eyes!" he said smiling. Xiao Mai closed her eyes and attempted to peak. "No peaking!" Jin chuckled at her attempt.
 
Xiao Mai obediently followed and closed her eyes. "Open them now!" he said and Xiao Mai's jaw dropped when she saw a very beatiful rose carved out of wood.
 
 
"Its not as expensive as the gifts from your suitors but..." he scratched his head ashamed. "I hope you like it..." Xiao Mai kissed him on the cheek and hugged him tight.
 
"Its much better..." she said. "Much Much better~"
 
(end of flashback)

(AN: I hope this chapter helps you understand more about Xiao Mai and Zhao Ren... :P Im sorry if you or any SuJu guys didnt appear here... This is sort of an informative chapter... anyway... ^^;; Thanks for all the comments! <3)