Memories, Visions and Letters

A FUNNY thing called Love ♥

Zhao Ren went outside to breath, He felt a bit cramped inside that building. He glanced at the streets and smiled as he remembered his used to be happy past.

Zhao Ren lived as a noble and since he was five years old he and his mother left for Korea as a part of the agreement to stay far away as possible from Mr. Nam's true family.
 
He grew up as a happy child mingling with the other children as if he was Korean himself but still not forgetting his native tongue.
 
When he was sixteen he had met his first love. When he was eighteen he lost his first love and vowed never to love again. Here in this very building on which he stands, lies the memories and pain of his loss.
 
Zhao Ren the post which serves as the foundation that keeps the old burnt bakery standing tall. Ever since that incident, He had purchased the building and kept it standing. Never renovating it. Never letting anyone use it but him.
 
Meanwhile, Xiao Mai glanced at the now pouring rain. She remembered when they arrived in Korea, how her brother used to stop by an old building, just putting the window down and glancing at it for a few minutes then leaving. He never said a word about it to her.
 
Everyday she wonders why they keep on stopping by that same exact location. She glanced at Henry who was looking at the road blankly and lost in his own thoughts.
 
(Henry Lau... Why must we be involved in this twisted turns of events...) she sighed and settled in just glancing at him.
 
On the other hand, You glanced around, you felt pain on your totally bruised limbs. The rope that held them were searing your skin from the tightness. You winced as you tried to loosen them up. You heard a chuckle coming from the door. You looked up to see Zhao Ren laughing near the door frame.
 
"Tsk tsk... Not trying to escape are we?" he laughed. You have noticed he was now holding up a sharp knife. He went towards your level and your cheek and held it inches from his face. You spat at his face and made him a bit angry.
 
"GO TO HELL ZHAO REN!" you cursed and glared daggers at him. He frowned, wiped his face and slapped you hard on the cheek making it a bit swollen. He then traced the knife lightly on your cheek and made it bleed. You felt like crying as you felt the blade pierce your skin.
 
"You shouldnt have done that..." he growled and went out leaving you still tied up alone inside that cold dark room. 
 
Zhao Ren went inside the next room, It was Hannah's room, He had drifted off to sleep after an hour of thinking. In his dreams, He saw Hannah once again. She was smiling at him.
 
"Hannah!" said Zhao Ren smiling back and trying to reach out his hands. Just as he was about to touch her, Hannah's expression turned into sadness as she slowly drifted away from him. Zhao Ren chased her but still he couldnt catch her.
 
"Come back!" he shouted and kept on running towards her. Hannah backed away and her face turned into yours crying with a bleeding scar on the face with bruised hands and legs. Your words echoing in his head.
 
"GO TO HELL ZHAO REN!"
 
Zhao Ren blinked and Hannah was back but the echoes were still not disappearing.
 
"GO TO HELL ZHAO REN!"
 
"You shouldnt have done that..." he repeated but his voice didnt sound like him but it sounded like his mothers. He blinked once again and found himself gazing at his own younger reflection with Hannah holding hands.
 
He realized he was inside his mother's body. He felt venom rising from nowhere as he listened to mumble words coming from someone he cant recognize while gazing at his happy younger self.
 
He then found himself snapping and lighting a match. He threw the burning matchstick at Hannah who was just smiling and standing there waving at him.
 
He tried to save her but his feet were tied up, He tried reaching for her but he couldnt move his arms. He tried to shout at her and tell her to escape the fire but he couldnt find his voice.
 
He just settled in watching Hannah burn. He heard her say something as she was being swallowed by the flames.
 
"Diary..." she smiled.
 
Zhao Ren immediately woke up with face full of sweat. It had been a while since he saw Hannah in his dreams. He sat down on the bed and kicked his feet down on the ground hard. He felt the sound of metal as he accidentally hit the bottom of the bed. He looked down to see a metal box lying under the dust. It seems to have survived the burning tragedy.
 
Zhao Ren picked it up and blew away the dust. The inscription read. "Property of Hannah Lee". He gasped when he saw her name.
 
"Hannah" he muttered as he stared at the box. (Are you trying to give me a sign?) he thought and opened it.
 
 
He found an old diary lying amidst the piles of recipes. He opened the diary and saw the last few pages. The day before the accident. His eyes went wide as he started reading.
 
Dear Diary...
 
Hi, its me again... Today was a very confusing day for me... Zhao's mom came to the shop and talked to me... She said some things that hurt me... She told me to stay away from Zhao Ren or else she'd kill me... I told her i loved her son with all my heart but she slapped me hard and told me never to repeat it again... She told me she'd really kill me if ever she saw me with her son again...
 
She never used to like me much or tried to get to know me... Sometimes i wonder if im just a pest like what she described me as... Im just going to dismiss it but it still hurts whenever i think about it...
 
Zhao Ren came to the shop today... He gave me flowers... Lillies which i love so much... Im planning to surprise him with a cake tomorrow! I realized i havent given him much gifts lately... I just finished a recipe which im going to name after him~ "Zaoreen" Isnt it cute? My boss asked me what it meant... I said its a cake which bonds pure love... Im so corny... (Shh, its really just a choco-honey-mint-raspberry cake) Its going to be out in the shop tomorrow~
 
I hope he likes it~ Good Night Diary~ Till tomorrow~
 
Lots of Love, HaN ♥
 
Zhao Ren felt tears streaming down his face as he read every word. He had realized what a fool he was to believe everything his mother said to him the past years. He had believed her when she was acting concerned for Hannah's death but in reality she was celebrating. He realized all these years, Revenge was the only thing in his mind. He stood up and paced around the room.
 
He had been very much against Xiao Mai and Jin that he hadnt realized he had turned into an exact replica mother during those years which she forbade him and Hannah to be together. He had been repeating history and worse, he had hurt people that shouldnt be involved in the first place.
 
"Hannah..." he said as he closed his eyes. "How could i have been so stupid..."
 
He felt wind brush through him, not chilling but a bit of a warm breeze. He felt that Hannah was there beside him. Motioning him to do the right thing.
 
He placed the diary back to its home. He sighed and left the room. 
 
A few hours later, You felt a bit dizzy from the pain. You felt someone walk inside the room. Zhao Ren was back. You tried to glare at him but you felt so weak. You were shocked to hear the next words that came out of his mouth.
 
"Little Miss..." he said. His tone of voice completely changed. "I have been such a blind fool... I am so sorry..."
 
You looked at him like he was crazy, first kidnapping you and tried to beat you now he is apologizing.
 
(He is REALLY out of his mind) you thought as you looked at him. Zhao Ren sighed and sat down near you. He untied your legs. You felt a lot better but it still stings when the wind blows on your wounds.
 
"You must be thinking that im totally insane..." he chuckled a bit and looked at you. You raised your eyebrow at him to prove he is correct as he unties your arms.
 
"Do you expect me to suddenly believe you...?" you said sarcastically as he starts untying your arms. "Who knows, you might stab me once you freed me..." You stared at him. He shook his head and looked at you in the eyes.
 
"You dont have to believe me if you dont want to..." he said and took a med kit from the top shelf and started treating your wounds.
 
"What made you decide to change your mind?" you asked as you winced from the pain brought by the medicine. He lightly dabbed the ointment on your arms. As soon as he finished he went out of the room.
 
You settled in watching him leave and still sat down on the chair with your limbs untied. Zhao Ren went outside and returned after a few minutes. He was holding a sealed letter in his hands.
 
"Little Miss... He said. You looked at him as he hands you the letter. "Give this to my sister..." he said.
 
"Youre setting me free and you plan to leave... Do you realize i might call the police to run after you..." you said testing his reaction. He chuckled. "I know" he said. "and i deserve every punishment theyll give me..." he said as he left you alone in the room with a puzzled look on your face. You wondered why he suddenly changed since he didnt bother explaining why. You stared at Zhao Ren's retreating form.
 
Zhao Ren went outside the building and the post once again. 
 
"Hannah..." he said as he closed his eyes. "Thank you for opening my eyes..."
 
He smiled to himself as he felt the warm breeze yet again. He then glanced up the window of the room where you are and smiled as he prepared to leave.

(AN: Oooh... the ghost of Hannah appeared... well... Just her spirit so dont be scared... Is the chapter disturbing? My sister said the dream was a bit disturbing... Oh well... XDDD For the record, i dont believe in ghosts... I just included the idea here because i felt bad for Zhao Ren... I originally wrote that he will really try to kill you but... i felt bad for him if he gets beat up to a pulp by Sungmin and Hangeng... not to mention by the big boys Shindong and Kangin... XDDD or even everyone in Super Junior including Eli's high kicks and Sohyun's slapping!!! Zhao Ren will be in deep if that happens... ^___^ Anyway... so much for my intended short Author's Note... Im very thankful to have reached this much subscribers~ and even 30k views on the story! Thank you~ If you didnt know~ Zhao Ren is part of the first Saga... This Story will have three main Sagas... The ex boyfriend is part of the second one~ ^^ Thank you very Kamsa again everyone!!!)