56...fifty six

Behind The Devil's Mask

hi :3 i kow you probably are hating me by now , but i updated. In celebration of my new laptop and acceptance in a dance audition yippie . :) . anyway , now i'm back .

i am very very very sorry for the very long damned hiatus . it was not my plan , the last time i wanted to update , like i said i was supposed to update on that friday , but my laptop got stolen along with all my school works and fanfics ( damn it ) . 

I'll try my best on updating regularly , i hope i'll be able to manage . 

Thank you for the love and support , here is chapter 56 :3 

enjoy 


 

“Jihyun is Kris’s girlfriend”

 

“W-what ?” Eunji stuttered as the information entered her head . Her eyes wide and raw , staring at the man infront with a disturbing look.  She looked like a lost child .

 

“That’s not possible “ She shook her head as she took a step backwards .

“Why so ?” He took a step forward with a calm steady step and leaned his head side wards as his eyes stared closely at the lost girl , earning silence from the puzzled girl infront of him .

 

Her head is being bombarded with informations she had never expected and questions that she is unable to answer , no words were able to escape her stoned lips . She was indeed not ready for this , for everything . Like a brick being throwed at her all of a sudden , hitting her with such force .  Out of no where , her silence grew larger , turning into something burning inside her . Some feeling she cannot understand . Her fist curled as steady air escaped her lips through a soft whistle . After a moment , her lips moved and turned into a straight hard line .

 

“But she’s my friend , she would nev-“

“Never betray you ?” He cut her off .

 

Her eyes widen , her lips shut .

 

“Why do you think so ? I mean , she’s beautiful , he’s good looking , being attracted towards opposite is not something out of the normal . It is completely and utterly fine , no harm done “Ending his small speech with a sly smile .

 

She stood still , stoned , still processing his words . Looking out , blank . Like someone or something her soul out of her body . His words finally reached her for good . He was right .

 

But still.

 

No way her only friend would be capable of doing such thing , Kris was and is still her live , her world , her dream , simply her everything . No one knew that better than you , she trusted you without a doubt . She would let everything out to you without a second thought .  And now a guy came and told her that you were in love and is the love of Kris’s live . Telling her that the person she trusted the most is actually betraying her and stealing her most precious world . It’s a blur to her , it all seems wrong . Everything , vanished . Nothing left .

 

Her fist curled and shook with anger , how she would love to  leave a mark on your lovely face with that fist .  She closed her eyes momentarily and sighed , letting out a heavy sigh as she re-opened her eyes . For a distance , her burning rage is visible on her eyes . So raw .

 

“Listen”

 

Her eyes darted towards the man standing a meter from her , he was calm as usual . Calm means ready , ready means a plan is being hidden . His face shows no hint of  anything . He is not going to leave any empty spots .

 

“Let’s cooperate  “ He smiled .

 

“Explain” she muttered with a cold tone .

 

“ I know you’re desperate for him , as I am for her “ He half-whispered.

 

Desperate , it makes her seem she was being underestimated . Like she’s some kind of weak , begging and pleading in need of a man . The anger she felt , it’s nothing she has ever felt before . It was somehow good . Giving her extreme power .

 

“I have something in plan , so we both gain what we want , are you in ?” He take out his hand , offering her a hand-shake in proof of a cooperation between the both .

 

As expected she accepted the hand willingly and smiled , a cunning smile that would send chills to your spine .

 

--------------------------

 

The sun has set as the ray of sunlight went through the window of your room shining onto the white sheets of your bed cover .  You rested your head onto your knees , hugging them comfortably as you looked through the window . Enjoying the peaceful silence accompanied by the lovely glow of the sky . You were breathing steadily , as the warmth of the sunlight tickled the skin of your cheek . But you were lost in the maze of your mind , thinking of someone who currently Is not in the house .

 

“Jihyun” A whisper followed with a tingling feeling from his slow and soft breath tickled your right ear .  Leaving a trace of peace in your heart.

 

You were curling up on your bed , pretending to be asleep with the white covers coating your petite figure. Kris was sitting on the side of your bed watching you sleep , his hand softly placed on your waist as if claiming you from anything . Protecting you. The feeling , how you wanted to just let go and wrapped your self with his arms as you inhaled his addictive scent and somehow stay like that forever  . It just cannot be done , you continued with your act as Kris leaned forward . Near you right ear . You were able to feel his warm breath on your skin , it was nice .

 

He remained silent  until a sigh escaped his lips  .

 

“Jihyun …” With his finger , he softly pushed away a strain of your hair which was covering your ear . Exposing your ear to the raw warmth of his breath . His finger caressed your cheek with a steady pace until he lifted his finger and sighed again , a heavy sigh filled with burden.

 

You could feel his presence getting stronger as he leaned forward , placing a soft kiss on your temple . The warm tingling feeling his lips left . You wished time would just stop and let somebody say everything is okay when clearly nothing is okay .

 

He moved his head to your right ear and whispered 3 perfect words .

 

“I love you”

 

Do you mean it Kris ?

 

You sighed .

 

You removed the covers from your body and stepped off the bed leaving the warmth of your bedroom . You walked out of your room and into the empty mansion , inhaling the scent of heavy luxurious furnitures of the mansion .  You knew that you will never be used to this , it all felt so alien to you .

 

You decided to go out of the mansion  for awhile.

 

It is getting nearer to the end of the month , you planned to leave to the bank in order to transfer the money to your dad so he can pay off his debt to the Wu’s . Your dad is the only person that kept you going , he is your talisman . And forever he will be . All of this , all that you had done is meant for him and only him . That was since you mother died . Your father is the center of your world . There is nothing you would not do for him , you would give up the world for him . Even if it means giving up Kris .

 

As you walked down the stairs , a familiar figure entered your sight with a smile . His presence is very well welcomed in the mansion by you . You fastened your pace down the stairs and approached him .

 

“Hi Jihyun “ He greeted you with a friendly smile . Lay , Kris’s close friend .

 

“Hey” You smiled politely .

 

“You alone ?” He asked as his eyes roamed around the area . The mansion is so empty and you knew he felt it too  . You nodded .

 

“Kris ?”

 

“Usual” He replied with a nod meaning he knew that Kris is gone for another business trip . He has been busy with his company , but you cannot blame him . It’s his duty as the son of the Wu empire . His duty which was set since the day he entered this world .

 

“He’s been busy” Lay smiled a warm smile , a comforting smile .

 

“I know “

 

“Hey Jihyun, call me Yixing for now on “

 

You stared at him and blinked a couple of times . Leaving him with a warm laugh .

 

“It’s my real name , I like it if my friends call me by that name , it makes me feel  good . “

 

You smiled and nodded . You noted , from this day on , Lay is Yixing .

 

“Kris calls you by that name too ?” You asked out of curiosity . He nodded .

 

 

“Kris calls me by many names “ You giggled and smiled as you examine his face , Lay is good looking but he has this brother like atmosphere surrounding him that made him feel friendly . more than a guy , you saw him a close friend , a brother . His warm presence is exactly what you needed .

 

Suddenly an idea popped out .

 

“Yixing” His eyes darted back at you as he awaited your next words .

 

“I need a favor “ He nodded .

 

“Do you know anything about Kris’s ex , Eunji ?”  He blinked a couple of times , trying to remember that name . He seemed drowned in his thought for a while , probably trying to recall his memories of the person with that name . He finally nodded again with a smile .

 

“Do you mind telling me about her and Kris ? “

 

-----------------------

 

It’s getting darker and Kris is still stuck in a business meeting with some clients from Japan. The meeting has been set up months before . It’s a meeting he cannot just leave behind , he knew exactly the consequences if he bailed on this meeting . How his parents would react . This meeting has the same price of his soul.

 

He sighed as he waited in the meeting room for the Japanese clients to negotiate with each other , waiting for the cooperation to be sealed . It’s taking too long and it’s getting on his nerves .

 

“Old geezers “ He mumbled as he glared at the old mans for a second .

 

Finally he decided to stand up and leave the room for a moment .

 

Rather than waiting and sitting in silent in the damned meeting room , he exited himself to the male restroom . In the silent restroom , he looked at his reflection . The thought of you passed through his mind , calming his senses .

 

He took out his wallet and searched through the collection of cards , trying to find a card of the telephone number of his dear friend to escape to dreadful bore . Suddenly , a picture fell down . A picture of a girl . A girl he knew exactly .

 

The girl that almost destroyed him.

 

Eunji.

 

He took the picture and stared at it for a moment in silent . The memories , the dreadful feeling in his heart is still visible . The pain , it cannot be replaced but still curable .

 

He closed his eyes for  a moment and sighed .

 

This is long and gone.

 

As he opened his eyes , he shred the picture and threw it away into the bin , leaving the restroom along with his past . Throwing away his past to focus on his present life and future , which is you . He knew better Eunji is his past , but his past is long gone . All he needed to focus now is his current life and also his future , you .



 

Hello :3

i forgot the last time i updated  i am very sorry for everything , and i hope i can make it up to you .

Thank you for the support tho'

:3

comment + subscribe = love & updates :3