52.....fifty two

Behind The Devil's Mask

like i said .... i'm updating . now currently working on another update...


“jihyun , you’re next”

Lay’s voice pulled you back to reality after a good day-dreaming while  sitting at the bar . You nodded silently , but your weak and tired expression caught his attention . A concerned expression plastered on his face as he looked and scanned your face . You noticed him doing so , and you gave him an assuring smile . He smiled back and walked away , finally you were alone in your own little world again . You rested your chin on the palm of your hand and looked straight at no where , returning to your imaginary world .

Kris.

Kris was the only thing you could think about . Kris , Kris and only Kris , nothing else . His expression when you stepped back , away from him . When he grabbed your wrist and pulled you closer to him . When his eyes met yours . The way he talked to you , the way he gazed into your eyes with his tired eyes . The way he was concerned about you . That was when you knew you meant literally everything to him . And he meant something to you , but you had no idea what . He was special , yes he was . So special and perfect , you’d probably give everything just to be with him . Even if he doesn’t  want you near him . He was the one that made your heart jumped , cried , smiled , laughed just everything happy .

But everything comes with a prize . Sacrifices must be made . And the sacrifices could mean loosing everything . That made you scared , scared to love him more . Scared you might give everything you had to him . Why should this world be too fair ? if only… ‘If only’ are the words you could think of . The words filled with impossible things and only lived in the imaginary world . For once you only wanted to think about the happiness he brought , leaving all those bad memories , demands and scars away from you . But it couldn’t be helped , just loving him gave you scars that would stay in you .

Give and take , giving something so you could have another thing .

Those words are what drives you crazy , you mother once said that . And damn it was true , so true that it hurts . Nobody could have everything . Efforts must be made .

But for once you wished you could have everything without giving anything , just wishing and hoping .

“Jihyun , you’re up .” Chanyeol tapped your shoulder and your eyes shot open looking at the happy virus infront of you . Pointing at the empty stage , with Lay beside it signaling you to perform . You sighed and smiled to Chanyeol , who was also concerned . You grabbed your guitar and walked to the stage , passing Kris’s friends , Lay , Xiumin , Kai , Sehun and Suho . Suho gave you a smile and you smiled back at him , feeling calmed down . You sat on the chair and placed your guitar on your lap , and immediately all the attention was drawn to you .

“I’ll be performing Taylor Swift’s safe and sound , sorry if it cuz’ I don’t have a voice like Taylor Swift’s” You joked . Giving out a light atmosphere with small giggles and laughs .  Suho smiled sincerely to you , and that moment you felt safe and sound . Calm that someone is there when you needed it .

“Here I go” You exclaimed and smiled .

Placing your fingers on your guitar strings , sighed and started playing the peaceful piece . Accompanied with your sweet yet sorrowful voice .

The whole room was filled with your sweet sorrowful voice . It was silent and peaceful as all the attention was on you . Everybody looked calm and amazed , some were closing their eyes so they could listen to the song more precisely . You were absorbed in your play , as you sang the song full heartedly .

You sang until it was half of the song , when the café door open . A tall guy with ash blonde hair wearing black coat entered the silent café , his eyes were set on you . You noticed him , and you almost stopped singing . Thankfully you took control of your self , and finished the song with ease .

You stepped off the stage and bowed politely before walking to the bar . Kris’s eyes followed you , and intention to walk over to you and talk to you was set in his mind . But he knew you weren’t in the mood right now as the expression on your face when you saw him told him everything . He loved you too much he had no intention on getting on your bad side , so he decided to walk away and kept his cool . walking pass you with his famous -face , giving you a cold shoulder that hurt your feelings . But you knew that was the real him so you let it go and looked at D.O , asking for a drink .  Resting your chin on your palm and sighed .

“I really think you should be a singer”

You turned your head aside and saw Suho already sitting on the chair beside you . Smiling like his usual self , he looked perfect especially with signature eye smile . You smiled back at him .

“really ?” You asked him , he nodded .

“I’ll take you to SM if you want to” you giggled a bit , and pretend to think about it . Making a goofy expression while scratching your chin .

“Okay then , shall we go ?” You joked , followed by his laugh .

There was this small silence between the both of you . Where he  looked at you and smiled , admiring how beautiful you were , but at the same time remembering you might never be his . It hurts to see you being with his bestfriend , it hurts so much and all he could do is hide that feeling behind his ‘sincere’ smile . While his eyes were written with jealousy and hatred .

You noticed him smiling like an idiot , an idiot with good looks to be exact . You giggled seeing his weird behavior , thinking how cute he is . And why . why can’t you fall in love with him instead . Why couldn’t you love him like he loved you . It wouldn’t hurt this much if it was him . You would probably be happier and more peaceful .And these scars and problem probably won’t exist . You wouldn’t be this Jang Jihyun . You would be a better Jang Jihyun .  Again you wished for something impossible .

You sighed and looked down .

“What’s wrong ?” Suho asked , his tone was full of concern . His eyes scanned through your tired face , as he place a hand on your shoulder and rubbed you .

“I’m fine “ You lied .

His expression didn’t change at all , instead he became more worried . He leaned closer to exam your face more clearly . he furrowed his eyebrows as gradually became closer to you , showing his affection to you in public . More exactly infront of Kris , of course gaining his attention . But you didn’t fight back , instead you felt comfortable and safe with Suho . He was more than a friend , but he wasn’t a lover . It’s like he’s in between them . There was times when you though if Kris didn’t asked you first , you might’ve ended up being Suho’s girlfriend .

“really , I’m okay” You straighten your sitting position and smiled at him .

On the other hand kris was watching the whole scene while sitting on the sofa with his gang . His eyes watched you being all close with Suho . And it pissed him , a lot . He wanted to smash something into pieces , he was angry . Angry at you , Suho and himself . Jealous at how close and comfortable you were with Suho . But how awkwardly you act when you were with Kris . Angry and disappointed at himself that he couldn’t be at Suho’s position first . For God’s sake , he’s your boyfriend . Was he scared ? or confused ?

“Suho why are you being so nice to me ?” you asked out of the blue .

“I thought you knew “ he smiled .

“what do you mean ?” You asked again .

“I love you “ he muttered , you heard him saying something but you couldn’t make out what he was saying . His words sounded unclear.

“what ?” You asked again .

“I Love you Jang Jihyun”

Your eyes widen , actually you knew he did . But hearing it again never sounded the same , all this time he actually kept his feelings inside . he was keeping his jealousy secured and tight while watching his own bestfriend and the girl he loved together . Imagining how much it hurts made you pity him . Made you feel bad . Your mouth hung open , you were speechless and confused .

His eyes looked straight at you , he was sure about his feelings .

“I love you so much that it hurts” he exclaimed . You bit your lower lip and gulped .

“There were time I wished you were mi-“

“I need to talk to her” Suho’s words were cut off by Kris who was holding your wrist , capturing your attention . His -face was still on and his eyes glared at Suho , telling him he doesn’t need NO as an answer . You froze seeing the silent fight between the two guys , and you remained silent . Not knowing what to do . You looked at Kris who was now looking at you . he didn’t care about gaining attention , he needs to talk to you .

“Okay , see you later then” Suho smiled before walking away , leaving you and Kris alone .

“Kris ?” You asked and looked at the man you loved . his expression was quite scary and demanding , he sighed and turned his head to look at your face .

“We need to talk “ Then he pulled you out of the café to get some private time .


like i said an update.... currently working on another update . i might  post it up later or tomorrow -_-

and only 2 of you guys comments.... ;;_______________;;

okay... then . i feel kinda sad , even though i have more subscribers , none of you commented :( oh well .

okay see you next time :(

comments + subscribe = love & updates