38...thirty eight

Behind The Devil's Mask

“Jihyun-ah your mother’s dead” Instantly your body drop to the ground as your body felt heavier than ever , nothing like before . Your legs felt weak , shaking wildly . Your chest tighten , holding your breath , your chest hurt so much it became hard to even breath . Your heart feels like stopped beating and heavy tears rolled out from your eyes .Your mind became blank as the tears rolled across your cheeks . You couldn’t feel a thing , goose bumps across your whole body . You froze , as if time stopped and everything around you felt cold and sorrowful . Your hand crawled on to your chest gripping hard on your shirt and pressing your fist into your chest, trying to reduce the pain in any way you could . Your other hand supports your body to the floor , even if it’s trembling and threatening to give up  . It’s like you choked on something , it was hard for you just to say  a word or gulp . Your whole body ached so much it became hard for you to even move .

Kris watched you fall down to the ground in tears , his heart is screaming as his arms wanted your fragile body . He clenched his fist tight as your body hit the cold marble floor , looking in pain . His expression changed immediately to see your weak body tremble . He hold his breath trying to figure out just what happened . He looked downwards trying to clear his mind . His eyes caught your phone near his feet , he leaned down and grabbed the phone , placing it near his phone . He hesitate to do so , but something inside him is urging him to do it . Curiosity spread across his body .  He took a deep breath , trying to think his words out before letting it out . His eyes were still on you who was on the ground , literally drowning in tears . Your expression was hard to read , it’s a mix of pain , sadness , confusion , anger and disbelief . he placed the phone on his ear waiting for words to come out .

“Jihyun-ah , please….your mother died , please.” A cracked whisper from the phone . Kris’s eyes widened as those words entered his ear , he dropped the phone and instinctively moved closer to you . His body moved on it’s own . He kneeled down beside you and slip his arm around your trembling shoulders .Pulling your face closer to his chest . Your hand covered your mouth in disbelief , burying your face deep into his chest . Your hand crawled to his chest , gripping tightly on his shirt literally ripping it , Kris knew that but he let you . Hoping that if you do so , you’ll feel better . Hoping he could make you feel better . His cold eyes changed , gazing warmly to you . You start hitting him lightly on the chest , letting all your anger out and channeling it to him . Of course to Kris it hurts , but seeing you in pain and anger , the pain on his chest was nothing compared to the pain in his heart from seeing you . Instead he pulled you closer . He needed to do something , he realized you need to return back to your home . He took a deep breath and open his mouth .

“Prepare the chauffeur “ he muttered , he didn’t look anywhere but your face.  . Mr.Kim looked at him in silent  , he stood there watching the scene in silent not knowing what to do. Partly confused by the way Kris acted , he has never seen Kris doing something like that . He never expected Kris to do that to you . All he could remember , he never did that to Eunji or any body . You’re the first and it seems , Mr.Kim knew why . Kris’s word pulled him out of his daze , leaving him dumbfounded by those words . Kris turned his head and glared at Mr.Kim , signaling he’s not taking ‘no’ as answer .Mr.Kim didn’t return back the glare instead he looked at Kris with a poker face acting all calm .

“But-“

“you heard what I said” Kris cut off . Kris’s voice sounded sharp and cold , his tone was dead serious . He wasn’t the kind of person to repeat what he just said , and Mr.Kim knew that very well . Mr.Kim took a deep breath before answering to Kris .

“The mistress wouldn’t agree , and nobody could ensure she would return here an-“

“I’ll go” Kris muttered as he closed his eyes , immediately Mr.Kim’s eyes widened in panic . Knowing he won’t be able to stop Kris , no matter what he did . He stood there in silent , trying to come out with the best explanation . Hoping he could change Kris’s words  even if it’s impossible . Mr.Kim cleared his throat before replying Kris , but he was cut off again .

“Cancel all the meeting , tell my mother . I do believe we the Wu’s are very respectful to others…  “ Kris muttered , his tone was serious leaving Mr.Kim puzzled . He knew Kris to well , and he knew nothing could stop him if he wanted something .

“ I think we need to prove that , let me do so” He proposed . A small smile appeared on Mr.Kim’s face , as he bowed and left the scene. He has never seen Kris like this , and he liked it . All he used to see is a Kris , that always followed the mistress’s words . But now , he’s changed. Mr.Kim smiled as he walked away  . Preparing the car for you and Kris , making sure all Kris’s ad yours needs will be fulfilled .  

Still on the floor , drowning in your tears . You were still in Kris’s arm, burying your face deeper and deeper into his chest . Unable to accept the truth , you hold on to him .Hiding your face on his chest , scared and angry . Hoping it could change everything , but reality never lie and never will . Your fragile body trembled as your fingers touched the cold marble floor , snapping you back into reality .Your eyes were running out of tears , all you wanted is to cry more and more .It’s like the more you cry , the more you feel better .  And Kris , his arms wrapped around your shoulder trying to protect you from reality . His fingers brushed against your hair . Your crying voice pierced through everu layer of him

 Mr.Kim looked at Kris signaling everything is ready , Kris nodded in silent and waited for the exact moment to pick you up . His fingers kept on brushing against your hair , almost playing with it . Everytime he wanted to make you stand up , his body refused to move . Too scared you’ll end up hurting her more , but no matter what it must be done . He closed his eyes , convincing himself that he must do it .

He took a deep breath and leaned closer to your face .

“Let’s go” He whispered , his voice was soft and soothing , nothing like the way he ever talked .He slowly got up , leading the way .  His arm wrapped around you even tighter , trying his best to help you to be able to stand on your feet . His hand protected you just in case you fall .Slowly , taking time you got up on your trembling feet .All you could do is hold on to him as he lead the way. One step at a time , you walked to the car , still in his arms and he wasn’t going to let you go any time soon .The driver open the door . Softly he sat you down in the car and sat beside you , closing the door softly as possible .He pulled you closer to his body. You did nothing but follow everything he made you do . Gently you leaned on his shoulder with his arm still around your weak shoulders . He whispered a ‘shhsss’ to your ear , assuring you it’s going to be okay . You took a deep breath and swallowed . your eyes grew feeling so heavy as you closed your eyes falling asleep on his broad shoulder , safe in his arms .

It’s been an hour , Kris noticed your body felt heavier than before . He turned his head and looked at your face , leaning on his shoulder still breathing rapidly . A small smile appeared on his cold stone face , while watching your beautiful features ruined by your swollen eyes and dry tears . Your pink small lips turned pale , after all that crying . Your face’s filled with nothing but sadness . His fingers moved , brushing away your bangs which was covering your swollen eyes . Your white pure skin is pale now .That pink cheek he once kissed , is no longer the same . You look literally different from the way you used to look . He sighed as he slipped his hands around your shoulder , pulling you closer to him. Your body didn’t felt it and somehow you felt comfortable in his arms . His head leaned closer and kiss your temple . Whispering it’s going to be okay , even if he knew you couldn’t hear him . Thinking that his whisper would make you feel better .

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The car stopped , but you weren’t awake yet. Kris was sleeping too , leaning on your face . He slowly open his eyes , blinking a couple of times trying to process what happen . He looked out through the window . Seeing that the car parked infront of a small building . He looked at the driver , as the driver signaled to Kris that they’re already here . Kris turned to look at you , assuring you’re still fast asleep . And you were . A small weak smile appeared as he watched your beautiful face still at peace from sleeping .  Kris took a deep breath and moved your head aside softly as possible . Your head leaned on the seat . He stepped out of the car , seeing a middle age woman waiting in front of the building’s entrance . He looked at the woman until she noticed Kris . The woman immediately walked towards Kris .

“Where’s Jihyun ?” She asked with a concerned tone , her eyes looked to the car expecting Jihyun’s in there . Her eyes squint as she spot Jihyun fast asleep in the car. A sigh came out from her , relieved to see Jihyun peacefully asleep . She nodded and smiled calmly to Kris , but Kris didn’t reply back her smile . He knew she’s a part of Jihyun’s family .

“I’ll take her”She walked going near the car . His hand immediately stopped the woman from going closer to you , he was to cautious to trust anybody at the moment . The woman stared at Kris , expecting an explanation .

“I’m only following the mistress’s words” Kris exclaimed leaving the woman  dumbfounded . The woman sighed .

‘I’m her aunt , a-“

“No” He made it all clear. His voice was clear and sharp , exactly telling her what he wanted. The woman looked into Kris’s eyes , hoping he’ll change his mind . But he has made up his mind , he wanted you near his sight . The woman sighed and nodded , knowing she couldn’t do anything more .

“Please , just take care of her . tomorrow’s the funeral , make sure she’ll be there” Kris nodded in silent . the woman hand him the keys to Jihyun’s apartment and immediately left without looking back . He sighed as he knew you would hate him from making your family away from you . But he understood that his mother would want him to do so . And probably it’s the only way he could prevent you from doing anything bad . He turned around .

Kris looked at you , who was still sleeping peacefully .After taking a deep breath he walked up to you .  Leaning down he looked closely at your face. He gulped , slipping his arms under your petite body . Lifting you up into his arms . He corrected your position in his arms and take a deep breath . Slowly he took steps into the apartment building , making sure all his movement won’t wake you up or disturb your slumber. His driver followed Kris from behind , ready to help him anytime he needed help . The driver open the door to your apartment , letting Kris in while carrying you bridal style . He quickly scanned the area , searching for your room . He noticed a room with a sign infront of it . He walked into that  room knowing it’s your room , slowly and softly placing you on the bed . Making sure nothing will disturb you not even a dust . He quietly covered your body with a blanket. His movement apparently wake you up . Your eyes slowly open , meeting his warm eyes . He realized what he did and smiled . He leaned down and your face with his fingers , leaning down to kiss your temple. Assuring you everything will be okay .

“Just sleep” He whispered , you quietly nodded and closed your eyes again , drifting back into dreamland . he sat down beside you , on the floor . Watching you sleep , his fingers brushed away your bangs so it won’t disturb you . His eyes were stuck to your face .

“I love you” He whispered .


another update . i love all the comments you gave me , expecting more here .

subscribe + comment = love & updates