12...Twelve

Behind The Devil's Mask

Another morning another day , that means another work for you as Kris's slave. You were already up and looking fresh brand new , you were outside your bedroom . You looked to Kris's room hoping he's not up yet . He wasn't , like yesterday , maids were infront of his room trying to wake that lazy bastard . No way in heel you were going to wake him up again , yesterday was already a pain in the . You walked down the stairs , you headed to one of the hall . In the hall , pictures of the Wu's were hung up . There were lots of them , you slowly looked at them one by one . You noticed in every picture , Kris wasn't smiling . There was a pretty huge picture of him , sitting on a sofa alone , he wasn't smiling at all . He was looking away .

He's really good looking . you thought. He was wearing a suit , looking like a prince charming . But in reality he wasn't charming at all. You walked again also looking at the pictures in the frames , on the table along the hall . It was pictures of Kris , his mother and his father . You have never met his father , he wasn't as tall as Kris in the pictures . Then one picture caught your attention , it was a small picture in a frame , a picture of Kris with his arm on a girl's shoulder . Her hair was short , she was smiling widely more like grinning . She was wearing a hat , Kris was laughing while looking at her . That was a smile you have never seen before . It was beautiful , warm and heartwarming . His gaze was on her , it was lovable .

"If only he smiled like that everyday" You mumbled . The girl caught your attention the most , she looked familiar. You looked closely at the girl , she does looked familiar . But you have no idea who she is , you decided to walk away and looked at other picture . The hall ended , there was a door at the end , the door to the huge back garden . You walked around the garden admiring the beauty , there were some gardener planting flowers . You saw a maid near the swimming pool , you walked towards her .

She doesn't look as old as the other maids , she looked quite young . You tapped her shoulder , she looked at you and bowed at you . She was carrying some napkins , it was more than she could handle .

"Need help ?" you asked her , you took some of the napkins. She nodded and you walked along her , you and her took the napkins into one of the empty guest room . You put the napkins on the table .

"What's your name?" you asked the maid .

"I'm Choi Heera , and i'm older than you" she smiled at you , you nodded .

"sorry unnie , how long have you worked for the Wu's ?" You asked her.

"5 years " You gasped .

"That's long " She nodded , you sat on the bed and she sat next to you .

"Unnie , i saw a picture down stair ? Kris with a girl ." she nodded.

"Who is it ?"

" You jealous ?" She asked you .

" Nooooo . no no i'm not , it's just.." She smirked at you and nodded her head .

"She looked familiar " You looked away .

"Okay...she's his ex." You looked at her , your eyes widened . Ex ? A guy like him had a girlfriend ? you thought .

"Tell me about her ." She nodded and started thinking .

"It was about a year ago they broke up , She dumped him for another guy . When he was dating her he was really nice , smiling almost everyday . His mother approved them . He changed since they broke up , he was devastated , he was a different guy ever since , cold-hearted , arrogant , everything he is now . For 2 months he was devastated , his mother panicked . She tried putting him on dates trying to find her replacement . It never suceed . I don;t think anybody can replace  her , she was an angel . you know , you reminded me of her ." Your jaw dropped hearing her last sentence , you shook your head .

i hope he's okay now , you thought . Why am i concerned about him ? whatever . you thought .

"Who is she ?" you asked .

"I don't really know , but her name was Han Eunji if i'm not wrong " Your eyes widened and your jaw dropped after hearing the name . Han Eunji , it was your new friend in school , the one who had a crush on Kris . She was lying to you . No wonder she looked familiar . Everything she said about her and Kris was a lie , you stood up .

"Thank you" You bowed at the maid and left the room . You headed towards the hall , where the photo was . You hod the picture and took a good look at it , again . You sighed , suddenly you felt somebody was behind you . You turned around and saw Kris , glaring at you . His face was not amused , then he looked at the picture you're holding .

"What do you want with that ?" he said , you were speechless and scared .

"H-han E-E-Eunji..." you muttered , he harshly grabbed the picture and throw it to the floor  with all his might . THe frame was broken the glass shattered , your chest tighten , shocked at what he did . He was still glaring at you . You bit your lips .

"I-i'm s-sorry " You apologized , he didn't show any reaction

"NEVER SAY THAT NAME AGAIN !!! AND STAY AWAY FROM MY LIFE !!!!" He shouted . You were trembling in fear . He grabbed the picture and ripped it into pieces , then he throwit away . He walked away leaving you alone , you fell down . Then you heard a door being slammed , you knew it was Kris . You were still trembling , some maids came , one of them started cleaning the picture and what's left of it . Another maid rubbed your back trying to make you feel better , she helped you to get up and stand on your feet . Then she helped you walk to your room , you got in your room and sat on the bed . The maid closed the door and left you . You layed on the bed , you weren't trembling anymore . You looked at the ceilling then closed your eyes . You decided to forget about it and drift to sleep .


an update :) u found out about his past . more to be revealed in the soon to come chapters .

i love you my subscribers

subscribe + comments = love & updates .

i loved it if you commented , i'll accept if you add me as a friend . i like knowing new friends :)

see you in the next chapter :D