Life

My 12 angels

 

“Yeon Ji! Come down here!” Yeon Ji’s appa shouted from down stairs. She sighs and closed her book. *There’s goes my drunken dad* “YEON JI!” he shouted again. “NE!” she ran down stair and saw her father walking like a drunk person… well, he is drunk. “Where’s your money?” he asked her with his eyes closed half way. “What?”

“Are you deaf or what?! I said where your freaking money is?!” he shouted again on her face. His breath stinks. *I could faint on his breath* Yeon Ji took out her wallet and took out some cash from it. “Here, this is what I’ve got today” she handed the money to her father. He smirks and patted her head “Good girl, you’re lucky today. I let you go now. Now, go back!” he slapped her arm hard. She winced at the pain. “I said go!” he pointed at her room. Yeon Ji nodded and ran toward her room. *Huh, appa. You said let it go but still you’re slapping me* she rubbed her bruised arm and pouted. *I wish mom and Jiyeon is here… with me* at the thought of that, her eyes started too filled with water and her vision is not clear. “Umma, are you seeing what appa doing to me?” you whispered in your shaky tone.

“No, I’m sorry dear. I can only hear your whisper. Please be strong my Yeon Ji. I believe in you”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Good morning!” Jiyeon greet Yeon Ji happily. Yeon Ji smiled to her best friend. “Good morning Jiyeon-ah” Jiyeon hugged Yeon Ji. “You’re hurt right?” she whispered. Yeon Ji nodded and said “Yeah, I am. But not to worry just a slapped on my arm, it’s not a big deal” she pretend to be fine. “Arasseo” Jiyeon broke the hug, she walk toward her bag and search something inside. She pulled out candies and bandage.

“I know you’re lying” she smiled to Yeon Ji. “So, I bring candies and bandage” she is grateful to have a best friend who cares and love her. “Gumawo, Jiyeon-ah” before Jiyeon can treated her the school’s bell rang. “I guess we have to fix your arm at the roof top when break time, arasseo?” Jiyeon wink at Yeon Ji and she nodded.

The class hour’s end and the school’s bell rang for launch. Yeon Ji stood up from her hair and slung her backpack over her shoulder. Jiyeon is already waiting for her. “Come let’s go to the rooftop” she suggested. Yeon Ji nodded. “But, I have to grab some of the books in my locker for the next period, so, I’ll meet you at roof top, wait for me… arasseo?” Jiyeon nodded.

You ran toward your locker, you open the locker to grab the necessary book. You closed your locker and hugged your books tight. You smiled to yourself but faded when three figure approach you. *Queenka*

“Hey nerd, have something for us?” the leader of the queenka Na Ye Jin, spat. You backed away. “Hey look, she hugged her child!” Min Ji the twins make a joke on you and they laugh. Your cheek reddened with embarrassment. You were about to run away but the three of them blocked you. “Where do you think you’re going huh?” Ye Jin shot Yeon Ji a look. Yeon Ji gulped. “Let’s teach her lesson girls” Ye Jin, Min Ji and Min Jun approach her. Ye Jin slapped her and the twins kick. Yeon Ji fell on the cold, hard tile floor. She curled up into a ball and accepting the pains. *Everyday, I got beat up. I wish there’s someone who can protect me. Mom, I wish you can hear me*

*where is Yeon Ji?* Jiyeon thought. Minutes later, the door to the roof top swung open. “Y-Yeon Ji” Jiyeon stared at Yeon Ji in shocked. “W-what happened?” Yeon Ji gave her a small smile and the last thing she knew she fell on the floor. Jiyeon ran to her and gasped. Yeon Ji’s uniform is all covered in dirt and splattered blood. Jiyeon saw her face got cuts, her big geek glasses crack. Jiyeon couldn’t carry Yeon Ji. *Ugh, I’m too weak! How can I protect Yeon Ji?!* Jiyeon dropped Yeon Ji’s head slowly. She stood up and ran to the door. She ran down stair and spotted a boy. Jiyeon tapped his shoulder. The boy turned around and saw Jiyeon. “What do you want?” he asked. “Please, I need your help. My friend is hurt now” before he could say yes or no Jiyeon grabbed his hand and dragged him to the roof top. Yeon Ji is still lying on the floor.

“I’m weak I can’t carry her. So, please carry her to the nurse’s office?” Jiyeon plead. The boy nodded and carries Yeon Ji bridal style. The three of them walk out from the roof top and they headed to the nurse’s office. As they walked, the students started to whispered.

“Omo, isn’t that the nerd?”

“She got beat up again”

“Jinyoung oppa!” some of the girls scream.

Jiyeon looked up to see the boy sigh and shook his head. *He’s somewhat popular* Jiyeon thought. They arrived at the nurse’s office. “Got beat up again?” the nurse asked. Jiyeon nodded. “Mianhae” she bowed. “It’s fine but usually she came here with you” the nurse looked at Jinyoung who still carrying Yeon Ji. “Okay, you can lay her on the bed” Jinyoung nodded. He did what he just told. “Thank you… for helping my dongsaenggie, you… can go now. Before your friends think negative toward us and beat Yeon Ji to pulp… again” Jiyeon lowered her head and looked at Yeon Ji with her eyes full of tears. “Those es don’t know how to stop” Jiyeon curse under her breath. Jinyoung on the other hand don’t know whether he should go or stay and finally he decide to stay.

“Why aren’t you going?” Jiyeon asked without leaving her eyes from Yeon Ji who been given medicines and get bandages. Jinyoung shrugged “I think I should help her too” Jiyeon don’t want to asked again. She just stares at Yeon Ji’s face. *Mianhae Yeon Ji… I don’t know how to protect you*