SM Entertainment

That Jerk Who Changed My Life

*Author’s POV*

“Seoul’s still the same, pretty as always. I miss the fresh air.” Yeeun says as she steps out from Incheon, stretching due to the long hours of flight. Seoul’s ambience hasn’t really changed much, just some new infrastructures are being built, which turns Seoul into a more modern city than before, but the culture roots of it is still as strong as ever.

“Yay! Finally! Koreaaaaaaaaaaaa!” Soorim shouts.

“Hey. Remember some of these people here might know you. You’re a Youtuber remember?” Yeeun elbows Soorim signaling her to have her volume down.

“Oh Yeeun. Do you know how much I longed for this moment to come? I’m in South Korea, a  beautiful country with so many beautiful and handsome people, like my idols. I’m breathing the same air and stepping the same land with them, Yeeuna. I cant contain my feels.” Soorim says as she’s hyperventilating.

“Aren’t you being to exaggerating?” Yeeun raise her eyebrows and look at Soorim strangely. Soorim smiles cheekily and shrugs off.

“You know after we put our suitcases in the apartment, we’re going to SM first. Do you mind?” Yeeun asks.

“Are you crazy? SM is like… the number 1 place I want to go in Seoul.”

“Okay. And you do know that the idols might not even be in SM since they have tight schedules aren’t you?”

"Don't you worry about that, I will gladly to camp outside SME. As long as I meet them, I'm fine."

"Omg what are you? Saeseng fan? Scary. Anyway consider this as your birthday gift, I'm not buying you anything next month!"

"Ya! You brat!"

"And I beg you to not overact when you meet them, ok? Remember, your reputation is in your hands. People might not really know you, but you have fans. Remember that. " Yeeun says.

Soorim bites her lips and squeals so hard as she nods.

 

SM Building

"Ye Eun-a, am I dreaming? Oh my God. It's freaking SM. SME." Soorim says in amazement.

"Ok honey. Let's go in. Cut the crap” Yeeun says, dragging the half-awake Soorim― as she is still astonished by the fact that she’s in front of SME.

Yeeun and Soorim have to walk through a lot of fangirls who are sitting in front of SME, some are even still in their school uniforms. As they’re about to enter the building, the security guards halt them and ask, “I’m sorry but you have no authorization to enter.”

“Ummm. Sorry. but I’m Mr. Sooman’s foster daughter.” Yeeun says, trying to explaining to the security guard.

“I heard that a lot Miss. Why don’t you queue in line after these girls?” The security guards point at those fangirls.

Yeeun sighs. So she walks to the queue line and says to a fangirl who is still 13 or 14. “Little girl, can you please borrow me your phone?”

“Why should I? And who are you calling little girl? I’m old enough to date Minho Oppa!” She glares at Yeeun.

“Okay, sorry. And why do you talk to me in such a manner? Minho― geez. SHINee’s Minho is it? Listen, if you borrow me your phone, I can give you his signature.” Yeeun tries to persuade the kid, but this time with annoyed tone.

“Oh please. We all know you are a nobody who just want to get in to SME, why don’t you queue behind us? Please eonni, know some manners.” The little kid reprimands Yeeun.

“Oh well…….. I think we might go to the nearest convenient store and bought ourselves Korean numbers.” Yeeun sighs as Soorim shrugs off.

When they got their Korean numbers, they came back to SME again. The security sighs as he sees both Yeeun and Soorim and just point at the queue, signalling them to just wait there till some idols pop out from the building, as he is sipping his coffee.

“Hey Appa.” Yeeun says as all of the fangirls and the security guard himself looking at Yeeun too.

“I’m outside of SME but the security guard won’t let me in. He thinks that I’m one of the fangirls.”

Mr. Sooman laughs hard on the phone and finally says, “Really? Hand me your phone to him.”

The security guard is so shocked listening to his boss’ voice on the line. And he looks quite pale after talking with Mr. Sooman on the line.

The security guards immediately bow at me and Soorim“I.. I’m sorry Aggasi, I didn’t know you are Mr. Sooman’s daughter. I’m terribly sorry.”

Both Yeeun and Soorim immediately bow back, as Yeeun says, “No, it’s okay. If Appa is cutting off your salary, or fire you, tell me okay? I’ll tell him not to do that, you’re just doing your job.”

As the security guards allow Yeeun and Soorim to go in to the SM building, the fangirls are so shocked, especially the little girl whom Yeeun asked for her cellphone. She cries immediately as she knows Yeeun is the foster daughter of Mr. Sooman, her chance to get SHINee’s Minho’s autograph has vanished.

*Yeeun’s POV*

Sumgyeo do twinkle eojjeona? (Twinkle, twinkle eojjeona?) Nune hwahk ttwi janha (Ttwi janha, ttwi janha) Beire ssayeo isseodo naneun twinkle tiga na~

The song blasts in all of SM building, except for the training rooms. I was wondering what song this is, because it sounded too familiar. Ah! I finally remembered. It’s the song Soorim played all the time this week. Is it called 'Twinkle' by 3 of the SNSD girls. What's the group name? It's Tae.. something too. I forgot! Whatever. But the girls really look pretty in the MV. Props to SM’s staffs.

As I glance at Soorim, she was dancing to ‘Twinkle’ signature dance as she enjoyed the music so much. (www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cDlaNRgIAA) Some staffs walk by and smile, some laugh and some even do the gesture dance back to Soorim and give her a thumbs up.

“Soorim are you out of your mind?” I hit her gently in the arm.

“Oops! I get carried by the atmosphere of the song.” She laughs and she continues to walk. But then she suddenly stops by in front of her room and starts to smile like an idiot. “Ya, what are you looking at?”

She smiles so happily and flash her teeth in front of me, “That huge EXO’s poster! It’s bigger than my poster like 4 times! Oh Gosh.” She laughs.

"It's only a poster. Not the real person, Soorim-a! What will you do if you meet your bias? Who is his name.. Lu.. Lu."

"LUHAN! How can you forgot such a beautiful name? Probably I'll faint? Or I run to him and hug him. Or I'll cry?"

"Oh God.." I put my hands in my forehead and I shook my head.

"Yeeun-a, I don't think I have to enter Mr. Soo Man's office? I mean like I don't know him and who am I to enter the office?"

"Chill man, you are my bestfriend. You should at least greet him, if you feel uncomfortable later, you can just go outside and tour around SME."

"Sure."

*Soorim's POV*

"Appa! I'm here!" Yeeun shouted to Mr. Soo Man and hugs him. Everything is so surreal to me. The owner of my dream company is actually my best friend's foster dad. What the earth is going on….. And now here I am, standing like a complete retard in SME's main office.

"Appa! She's my bestfriend, Yang Soorim, she's a big big fan of your company! She's also the one who taught me to sing SNSD's Genie! And she’s a famous make-up guru."  Yeeun said to Mr. Soo Man while pointing at me.

"Annyeonghaseyo Mr. Soo Man. My name is Yang Soorim. It is such a honour to meet you." I bowed 90 degrees to Mr. Sooman. Oh no. Does my Korean ? Does he understand what I was talking?

"Annyeonghaseyo. Such a polite girl. Thank you for your support to SME." Mr. Soo Man smiles to me.

"Thank you, Sir. Uhhmm, Sir, I think I should wait outside since you and Yeeun must have a lot of stuff to talk about."

"It's ok actually, but if you want to, sure! Feel free to tour around the company, taking photos are allowed but please don't upload them in internet." Mr. Sooman smiles.

"Ok. I understand Sir." I bow to him and wave goodbye to Yeeun. I should let them to have their special quality time.

Phew! So the nerve-wrecking moment has passed, and now it’s my time to tour around the company! YEAAAAAY!

*eonni : elder sister

*agassi : young lady

*annyeonghaseyo : hello (formal)