No Strings Attached

That Jerk Who Changed My Life

 

 

*Author’s POV*

“I’m missing Yeeun noona and Soorim noona already…..” Sehun whined as he hugged the sofa cushion. The EXO members are hanging out in the dorm since there are no schedules for them today.

Beep Beep. Yixing’s phone suddenly rang in the midst of loneliness in the room. These EXO members are missing Yeeun and Soorim already although they just left for only 30 minutes.

“Eh? I wonder who is it? It’s so rare for me to get a text.. I mean, there are no girls idol who will text me or ask me out. I’m sad.” Lay whined.

“Hyung, will you stop whining and quick read the message? What if it’s from the manager?” Tao said.

 

From : Duizhang Wufan

Yixing, I’m on the way back to Korea right now. Thank God I settled everything in China and I get to meet Yeeun and you guys. I’ll be in Seoul in 2 hours. See you then.

“WHAAAAAAT?!” Yixing’s eyes almost popped out after he read the text.

“What’s wrong?” The EXO members quickly gather in circle to read the message from Yixing’s phone.

“Dui… Duizhang… He’s coming back.” Yixing stuttered.

“Damn! Why does Kris comeback only by now? Now Yeeun has gone back to The States. How can he meet her?!” Xiumin said in anger.

“That’s not really the case though. It’ll be easy for them to meet since we will have schedule in The States someday. It’s the fragile heart Yeeun has now.” D.O. sighs. “I’m afraid that she left to The States thinking that Kris doesn’t like her anymore.”

“That’s what I thought. Besides, Yeeun noona hasn’t get any explanation from Kris hyung. She’ll misunderstand till the end.” Kai nods.

“What if…. Yeeun’s feeling for Kris will fade?” Baekhyun asked in horror.

“That’s what I’m afraid of.” Suho sighs.

“Speaking of which, do you guys even in the suitable age to discuss this with us?” Suho points Sehun, Kai and Tao.

“Hyung! I dated before you know. Wait until Duizhang come back, he’ll defend me for sure.” Tao whines.

“Damn. My text for Kris won’t deliver. I think he boarded the plane already so his phone is turned off.” Lay said.

“What did you say to Duizhang? Chen asked.

“I said to him that Yeeun has gone back to USA already, so he shouldn’t get his hopes too high thinking he will be in a good term with Yeeun. He might want to expand his vacation longer or go to USA instead.”  Yixing said.

“What’s been done has been done. Let’s just let it flow. If Kris and Yeeun are meant to be, they’ll be together again.” Suho speaks in wisdom.

“Speaking of Kris Hyung and Yeeun noona, where is Luhan hyung?” Sehun asked.

“Don’t know. He wasn’t even in the dorm when I first woke up. I think he went somewhere. He didn’t even send off Yeeun and Soorim.” Chen said.

“So what about Luhan hyung and Soorim noona? Aren’t they in love with each other?” Sehun asked again.

“Don’t know either. Let’s ask him when he came back.” Chanyeol said.

***

The Korean Airline has landed in Seoul from China. Kris happily hops of the plane, thinking that he’ll get to meet Yeeun soon. And of course, the EXO members too.

As usual, he wore scarf, shades, and hat to disguise himself from the paparazzi. He walks with enthusiasm since he is so happy to be back in Seoul again after he finishes all the misunderstandings between him and Xuepei. But his hopes crashed when he read a text message from Yixing.

He feels a heavy punch in the heart and unknowingly drops his iPhone. Feeling like the world around him is so dark, he tries to calm himself down by sitting in the chair nearby. He just couldn’t accept the reality that he got such a bad timing and he can’t meet with Yeeun again, who probably needed his explanation.

What if she left with so much regrets? Leaving without any explanations from him? Leaving without an answer? What if she left with hatred in her heart for him? What if she thought that what he said in the apartment is just rubbish? What if… she has moved on from me thinking I moved on from her too? More what ifs pop in Kris head as he sits in the airport chair alone, thinking about nothing except for Yeeun.

After sitting for awhile, he finally stands up from his seat and get out from the airport. He hails a taxi to take him to the SM building.

***

“Stop smiling will you.” The irritated Yeeun said to Soorim as she always smiles to herself while she is looking at the pictures she has taken with Luhan.

“Ah. I officially dated him today, Yeeuna.” Soorim shakes Yeeun’s hand real hard.

“Stop it will you. I should ask the stewardess to give me another seat.”

“Nooooo. Ok I won’t do this anymore okay? Now please stick in your seat, Mam.” 

“So tell me.. Do you still like Kris?” Soorim suddenly asks with a worried face.

“Uhh…”

“Listen, you gotta face the reality, Yeeun.”

“I know, I know. I’m about to answer you, idiot.”

“Oh what a b*tch.” Soorim laughs. “Carry on.”

“It doesn’t matter anymore is it whether I like him or not? He doesn’t even like me anymore. Ummm no. He didn’t even like me in the first place.”

“What about all he said in the car after you guys kissed in the big rain?”

“I bet it’s only a game to make himself even cooler in my eyes and to make me even look like a fool more. And he successfully did it.”

“So you’ve moved on?”

“I won’t say that but I’m trying to.” Yeeun says with determination in her face.

“I feel so bad for you, Yeeun-a. I mean it’s so hard for you to fall for a guy and Kris lets go of it just like that after all the memories you guys have been through? What if these all are just misunderstandings like what I had with Luhan ?”

Not all love stories are meant with a happy ending, sometimes you just have to accept the fact that you don’t have that happily ever after ending.”

Soorim is speechless, she wants Yeeun to keep her faith for Kris, but in the other handm she doesn’t want Yeeun to hurt because of Kris also.

“So.. You’re really moving on from him?”

“Yes.”

“No strings attached?”

“Yup.”

“You’re a 100 percent sure?”

“I’m a thousand percent sure.” Yeeun smiles confidently.

“Does it mean you’ll cut off all your relations with Kris?”

“Yeah.”

“What about the other EXO members?”

“I’ll give them messages through you. I don’t want them to know my number since I have to move on from him.” Yeeun said.

“You know, I actually feel bad for the boys. Just because I’m moving on from Kris which means I have to forget him totally, I can’t talk to them or give my number to them just because I have to stay away from Kris.” Yeeun added.

“I bet the EXO members will understand. They are all mature despite the baby faces they have.” Soorim smiles.

“Yeah I guess so.”

“Ok man. I’ll support you no matter what your decision is. But just don’t force yourself to be strong, okay? Just tell to me and Michael if you really can’t handle the pain. We’re with you.”

“Thank you Soorim-ah.” So Both Yeeun and Soorim hugs in the airplane, ignoring all the looks from the other passengers.

Speaking of Michael, he decides to take the night flight since he wants to watch the ‘final’ performance of DBSK in Music Bank he’ll be seeing in these short times.