In The Rain

That Jerk Who Changed My Life

*Yeeun's POV*

The Starbucks near SME building, 15.40 KST

A few weeks later and as usual, when Kris got nothing to do, he will ask me to hang out with him, but this time, instead of taking me to the tourists attraction in Seoul, he says he want to hang around in Starbucks near SM building. Well, since I got nothing to do and yeah I have to fullfill his wants, I did it.

“Feel free to order anything, it’s my treats.” Says Kris.

As usual, he uses a cap and a huge specs to disguise himself up.

"What has gotten into you? Why are you being nice lately?"

"Why? Do you fall for me now?"

"Dream on." I laugh and take a sip of my coffee.

We drink our coffee and just sit there talking about random stuffs. I am so happy and comfortable to talk about random stuffs.

“Let’s go to Han River later on.”

“For what?”

“Well… doing nothing.”

“Oh sure.”

Silence crept in as both us only drink out coffees. So I try to break the ice by starting the conversation.

“Kris… Actually……..”

*Kris phone rings*

“Wait for a while, Yeeun, I pick up the phone first.”

“Uh… Okay.” Actually I was about to say ‘Thank you, Oppa’ to him since he made my day yesterday and the trip to Everland is also very memorable. It was very very nice. But… I guess condition didn’t allow it.

Kris comes. His expression changes drastically. He looks sorrow and he is in rush.

“I’m sorry Yeeun. But I can’t go to Han River with you. I have urgent matter to do. I gotta go.” He takes his car key and leaves the café as fast as he can.

I was about to ask him where to go but he looks in rush. So I guess I don’t need to know where he’s going. It’s the first time I see him feeling worried and being in such a rush. And unknowingly, my heart started to ache knowing that he looks very worried and in rush are not meant for me, and knowing the fact that he cancel our meeting today only by a single phone call and knowing that it's not work related stab me in the heart somehow.

Okay what am I thinking? He’s only a friend of mine.

 

12.43AM, Yeeun's bedroom

EXO doesn't have any schedules for tomorrow.. Then what should I do for tomorrow? Why the hell cant I sleep.. It's freakin 12AM already.

I try to sleep but all I think about is Kris. Okay what the hell is wrong with me?

I check my blackberry and unknowingly my hand searched for his name in my BBM contact automaticly, like it was my heart’s intention. There’s no special reason to check on him, I just wanted to see his face from his display pic or just to see whether he updated any status.

 Kris 吴凡

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjn9Sk8qeXXYgLx4gOlnU

confused.

Ok. What is his confusion about? When did he update that status? Is the status linked to how he left me at the cafe alone? Or is this linked to how he looked sad at the SM Annual Gathering? Is this―  OK. 

What the hell is wrong with me? So many thoughts on my mind. Why do my hand automaticly searched for his name at the first place? 

WHY? Now my curiosity killed me even more.

 

 Kris 吴凡

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjn9Sk8qeXXYgLx4gOlnU

confused.

This chat has no subject. You can add it anytime using the menu...

Me : Hey. What's with your status?

*deletes*

Me : Hey why did you leave me from the cafe back then?

*deletes*

 

What's with me?! Why am I curious about what happened to him? WHYYYYYY? I should sleep! 

So I try to close my eyes for a few minutes and it failed. I can't sleep.

"UGGGGGHHHHHHH!" I fret to myself as I can't sleep.

Soorim who was asleep next to me woke up, yeah. She's staying with me tonight.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I can't sleep."

"Why can't you sleep? And you are so stressed lately. What happened?"

"..... Nothing."

"If I believe in you that there was nothing, I'm the biggest fool in the earth. Quick tell me what happened!"

"You won't understand since you and Lulu are such a lovey dovey."

Soorim laughs. "For God's sake, I was a fan of him and I didn't even know that I was going to meet him."

"But you are close with him now. And you guys will be in a relationship anytime soon." I shrug.

<"Uhm you can't say that. I don't even know whether he likes me for real or whether is it an obligation from Minah. It's complicated, Yeeun. Sometimes I pity him for being such a good man for agreeing to Minah's wish to take care of me. What if he doesn't want to, but he's being such an angel to agree on a dead girl's wish? Well.. I dont know. Ok. stop about me. What about you, Ms. Yeeun?"

"I didn't know what the hell happens, I just...."

"You just what?"

I stop and take a deep breath, "I just feel very unsettled knowing that Kris left me in a hurry and cancel his appointment with me just because a single phone call. And now I can't stop thinking about it."

Soorim smirks at me and whispers, "You are in love with him."

"What? NO."

"I told you that between love and hate, there's only a single thin line. It seems that you've crossed that line. So now, will you tell me your dates with him so that I can actually hear your story in details?"

So I told her everything from the start to our dates― is that even considered as dates?

"I don't know why I was so sad seeing him leaving me suddenly looking nervous. I want him to be like that only towards me......." I say.

Soorim smiles and hugs me. "Awwwww.. Baby don't be sad. Probably it is about his parents? You won't know. Or maybe you should just ask him what happened bluntly tomorrow."

"If I have the courage to...."

"Now try to sleep, honey. Don't think too much about him. Remember, if you guys are meant to be, you guys will be a pair."

"Okay.. I'm not sure too about my feeling towards him. It maybe just a illusion since I've never been in a relationship and for haven't fallen in love in a long time. I should forget him."

"Well I support you in every decisions you make. I'm going out with Lulu tomorrow. Care to join?"

"I don't want to disturb― "

"Stop that.  Please join us for tomorrow. Okaaaaaaaay?" Soorim shows me her killer-aegyo. 

Tsk. This girl.

"Okay okay. As long as there's no Kris. I really need to do meditation you did to forget Luhan, to forget Kris. Care to teach me?"

Soorim laughs hard and say, "It won't work."

"What?"

She then laughs again, "Just act normal, okay? Just try to avoid him."

 

Author's POV

>The Next Morning.......

 

"Daddy. I asked Yeeun to accompany me for today. Is it ok?" Soorim says.

"Ahhhhh there you guys go with the 'Daddy-Mommy'. I'm going to vomit due to you guys' mushiness." I roll my eyes jokingly.

"It has been a habit, Yeeun." Luhan smiles.

"Of course it's okay since Kris is joining us too. It will be a double date!"

Kris walks from from the washroom all out of the blue, and now joining their conversation which took place in front of the toilet. Kris smiles to Yeeun and Soorim.

"Oh there's Yeeun for today?" Kris smirks and act as usual, like nothing has happened yesterday.

Yeeun then drags Soorim aside excuses themselves from Luhan."

"Why is that frankenteen joining us?" Yeeun sighs.

"I dont know, I swear.... It's a coincidence. Well just use this opportunity to ask him about yesterday's matter."

Yeeun just nods, expressionless. 

As much as she wanted to avoid the date, she couldn't do it because first, she has promised Soorim, and second of all, just as Kris acts like nothing has happened, she wanted to show Kris that his actions yesterday didn't affect her even a tiny bit

"Done talking, ladies? Let's go to Myeong-dong!" Luhan says.

***

 

 

Yeeun’s POV

I never thought that this meeting is going to be so awkward. Luhan kept talking to Soorim and so is she. Kris tries to talk to me but his efforts are in vain, because I don’t feel like talking to him. You may say I’m jealous or what, but I really do feel like ignoring him. I admit I couldn't just stay cool and pretend that nothing has happened.

I may actually be a freak right now as you can see, Kris is probably not at fault when you look at the case. He does all the skinship just for fun or to hide the fact that he's an idol going out, and he just treats me as a normal friend. I'm the one who falls easily. I just can't hide my sadness. I don't even know how to even express my feelings anymore. Probably I'm the one who only thought that he is playing with my heart if our stories are put in the movies. Maybe the viewers will say that I'm so stupid for hoping that Kris will have the same feelings for me. Maybe I'm the one who is at fault. Maybe.

“There’s something strange between you guys.” Luhan raises one of his eyebrows.

I look at Lulu and just smile to him weakly and act as nothing has happened.

“Ok. I think I should go to the restroom for awhile. Soorim, could you wait for me in front of the washroom? I need to talk to you.”

I guess I know why Lulu asks Soorim to follow him to the bathroom. I guess he wants Kris and me to have face-to-face talk about our relationship or probably Luhan wants to propose to Soorim to be his girlfriend to make this proposal looks like Taeyang’s Wedding Dress (proposing to the girl in front of washroom) 

What am I even saying? It’s not even a washroom when Taeyang proposes the girl, but somehow it just looks like a restroom for me. Ok. I should stop it.

So both me and Kris sits in the café alone. Awkwardly. Without talking to each other. I guess Kris is also in an awkward position since I ignored him just now. I guess he doesn’t want to lose his pride initiating to talk to me, but in the end I ignored him. Good choice, Mr. Wu.

“Yeeun. Could you tell me why are you being like this today?”

“Nothing." I look at the coffee I've been stirring for awhile.

“What did I do wrong?” He looks at me.

I just stay in silence.

"What happened, Yeeun?"

And I keep stirring my coffee.

"Are you in period? Why are you being so moody?"

I keep ignoring him and take a sip of the coffee.

"Are you probably trying to act cool in front of me? Lee Yeeun, if you did so― I could no longer hide my angriness towards him. What does he think I am? A toy? Someone who you can play around for months? I immediately take my bag and stand up from my seat, about to leave.

“Wait where are you going?” Kris holds my hand to stop me from going.

“Let go of me." I say sternly as I'm still avoiding his gaze.

“Why are you being like this today, Yeeun? Why are you being so emotional?”

Sorry for being emotional. You're not at fault, he didn’t do anything wrong. He just left me from the café because he has some urgent stuff to do. But I just don’t know why I hate him so much right now.I got angry without any perfect reason. 

“I’m sorry, I just don’t feel like talking to you today.” I let go of his hand and walk out of the café, running. I just ran through the big rain which suddenly fell. I guess God intends to torture me for a few days. I just don’t care and I ran without direction.

*Author’s POV*

Kris soon left the café and run to chase after Yeeun.

“No.  It’s raining hard. Yeeun is going to be sick if she kept running in the rain. Where is she now?”

Kris looks to the left and right direction. He spotted Yeeun running to the right, so he immediately runs afer her. But Yeeun keeps on running and running as she even runs through the zebra cross despite the traffic is still in green light for the vehicles, by which the vehicles are moving fast due to the big rain and green light.

As the vehicles keep on horning at Yeeun's direction and one of the cars about to hit Yeeun, Yeeun just stands in place because the shockness are overwhelming and couldn't run away. She's just standing there, in the middle of the street, looking at the car's direction which is about to hit her in awhile.

The world seems to stop for awhile as Kris feels the heart of his being stabbed by a thousand of knives, seeing the girl that can make him smile after all the loneliness he has felt, the girl that has melt his cold heart, is now in danger.

Kris runs as fast as he could and pushes Yeeun away from the street as he also quickly runs to the pavement.

Fortunately, both Yeeun and Kris are safe and now lying restlessly in the pavement and all the passerby are in shock.

"Are you out of your mind?! Why the hell should you run away from me?! Why do you keep on running when it's still in green light for the vehicles?! What if you got hit of the cars?!" Kris quickly beams out his anger as he was so terrified seeing the love of his life was about to be seriously injured, or probably lost her life.

Yeeun just couldn't control her tears and sobs even harder.

Kris then immediately hugs her and pats her head, "I'm sorry." He whispers.

"Why are you being so nice to me? Why?!" Yeeun says in low tone, still crying. Kris stays in silence as he is still hugging her tightly.

“Thank you for saving my life, and yes, I shouldn't have ran away from you. I shouldn't.... I shouldn't just lost my life when the stupidity controls over me."

"And I'm sorry for causing a hell of trouble for you. That was stupid." Yeeun says.

"What exactly happened? Why are you being like this?" Kris finally asks.

"Stop this, Kris. I’m tired, now leave me alone. I know I am the one who is the fool who thought that a playful guy like you would fall for me. I fell for you unknowingly after spending all the time with you. I don't blame you, I blame myself. You only treat me as a friend, no a toyfriend. I know your types, those girls with slim figures, perfect clear white skin which I got no match to. Now please let go of me. I need time to calm down. You didn't do anything wrong. It's my fault. And I have been such an idiot, running in the rain for no direction and almost get hit by car. Anyway thank you. ” Yeeun says while tears keep on falling from her eyes.

So Kris let go of Yeeun slowly, and both of them stood in the middle of big rain.

“I’m leaving, I need a time for my own to calm myself down. I’ll be okay tomorrow and you just have to pretend that today doesn’t happen, I'll be okay by tomorrow. I’m sorry for being emotional, and please hide this from Dad and the other person. I promise I'll be fine tomorrow. Thank you, for saving my life." Yeeun smiles bitterly and walks away.

“Yeeun, wait.” Kris holds Yeeun's wrist preventing her to walk away.

“What again?” Yeeun looks at her with her red watery eyes due to crying.

Kris then wipes her tears away and kiss her in the middle of the big rain.