Another Request

That Jerk Who Changed My Life

Nichkhun and Yeeun stare at each other, and give each other a reassuring smile after finishing the tiring surgery. They spent 3 and an half hour to treat the patient with the severe Periodontitis case.

“Yeeun-a, should we go and have a bite to celebrate our success and since we close down for half a day?” Nichkhun says, after knocking to Yeeun’s room clinic.

“Foods! But.. I’m really really sorry to refuse your  invitation.. I have to attend Music Bank!” Yeeun says quickly as she is putting some stuffs needed to be brought to Music Bank later in her bag, such as tissues, cellphone, etc.

“Ah. Do you know how much my heart hurts, knowing you are beside me every day, but I can’t meet you?” Nichkhun hits his own heart exaggeratingly. “And now finally a day off, and you have to attend another show! Aish.”

“You’re playful aren’t you? Stop being so dramatic! I’m off, and have a bite with those nurses in the hospital who are dying to have a meal with you okay? See you!” Yeeun gave Nichkhun a bye-bye hug as she leaves her clinic room.

“Hah. You know everybody likes me, as I know I’m handsome but you know I’m only yours!”

“Since when do you become so… clingy to me? And why do you keep following me?! I’m going out from the hospital, Khun-ah.” Says Yeeun as she walks quickly, heading to the basement to drive her car to KBS building.

“Since I saw the real you, the passionate you while operating the patient…….. Well, since you’re leaving the hospital, and since I got no more errand, I might as well as go too.” Says Nichkhun dramatically.

Yeeun laughs hard looking at Nichkhun expression, “Stop it Khun! And why are you heading to the basement too?”

“Well I’m leaving the hospital too!”

“Where are you heading?”

“Uhh uhhh.. I’m heading to the nearby café!”

“You’re heading to Café Benne over there by car? It’s just beside this hospital.” Yeeun gives him a questioning look.

“Duh.” Nichkhun mutters to himself.

“Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul! Are you hiding something from me?” Yeeun glares at Nichkhun.

“Well… I actually wanted to go to KBS too, but I know I won’t get the ticket in this hour, so I might as well as find another place to hang out……. ALONE.”

“I’m so so sorry Khun, I promise you I will accompany you tomorrow, okay?”

“Fine. Anywhere I want okay?”

“Yeah.”

Yeeun runs to her car as he looks at her wristwatch, she’s already 45 minutes late. But no matter what, she has to attend EXO’s first comeback stage. She drives as quickly as she could, without realizing the real reason she came quickly to the show is because Kris pins up so much hope to her attendance in the first comeback stage, not only to watch the EXO boys generally as she was their manager afterall.

Yeeun runs as fast as her could to catch the boys’ first performance of Wolf. And fortunately, right after she arrives, the EXO boys are starting to perform. Yeeun smiles contently, without caring to her ragged appearance now, but still beautiful as always.

“Oh my God! Thank God Yeeun you’re not late!” Soorim shouts as she sees Yeeun in the VIP seat.

The boys are being called on stage and immediately prepare to do their performance. The boys wave towards Yeeun and Soorim. As many fangirls look immediately toward Yeeun and Soorim’s direction.

Little did Yeeun and the whole audience, or even EXO themselves know, Kris is smiling to himself as he sees a glimpse of Yeeun in the audience.

The boys perform perfectly, as usual. And since the 12 of them are performing, they are even more enthusiastic. Yeeun’s eardrums are almost deaf as the whole audience go crazy for EXO. And Kris actually winks during his part, in Yeeun’s direction.

Yeeun herself gets shock and her heartbeat beats faster receiving the wink from Kris, her ex-boyfriend-wannabe-who-is-still-in-love-with-her-but-get-rejected-indirectly. She tries to deny the fact that she’s happy receiving the wink, and even reassures herself that the wink doesn’t mean for her. Even if it’s for her, she shouldn’t be happy because Kris is her nobody right now.

 

 

The audience gives their claps and standing ovations as EXO finished on performing ‘Wolf’. And out of nowhere, Nichkhun who is sitting behind Yeeun and Soorim all along before EXO starts to perform,  pats both Yeeun and Soorim in the shoulders.

“Nichkhun?!” Both Yeeun and Soorim look terrified.

“Uhhh why are you guys look so shocked?” Nichkhun asks back.

“Because you said you’re going to Café Benne” Yeeun says, and Soorim adds, “Because you didn’t notify us, and how the hell did you get the pass to the VIP seats?!”

“Well…. I begged to the fangirls out there and they gave me the tickets because I’m too handsome!”

“Only ghosts will believe in you. Tsk.” Soorim says.

“Oh yes, Yeeun! We’ve got to go to the backstage and greet them!” Soorim says.

“Well didn’t they know you will watch their performance since you guys work in the same company?” Yeeun asks back.

“Well, this is a surprise for them because I lied to them that I couldn’t make it to their first comeback stage!”

“Okay, let’s go!”

“You’re not going to leave me here, aren’t you?” Nichkhun pops out his head between Yeeun and Soorim.

“YAH! You’re being freaky!” Soorim shrieks.

“Yeah whatever, join us.” Yeeun replies.

 

EXO’s waiting room

“We’ve made it guys!”  “Cheeeeers!” “Our performance is the best!” These words come out from the boys as they are celebrating their success by eating pizzas, which were ordered from delivery by EXO’s staffs.

When Yeeun and Soorim open the door, followed by Khun, the boys jump in happiness to see them.

“Noonaaaaadeul!” Tao runs and hugs them again. Seeing Tao hugging their beloved eonnidul, the other 9 members also come in and hug both of them tightly, except for Kris and Luhan as they are only laughing looking at the other members.

“YAH boyfriends of eonnidul, just come and hug them too!” Xiumin shouts as the other members laugh. Luhan joins in merrily, as Kris joins in awkwardly, but not removing his gaze even an inch from Yeeun since the moment she enters the room.

“Ehh Khun hyung, perhaps you want to join the group hug?”Sehun asks.

“Ahahahaha, it’s okay. You guys go ahead.” Nichkhun says.

“By the way, why are you always with Yeeun and Soorim noona?” Kai beams out.

“To think back, yes, you are always with them all the time! What relation do you guys have?” Sehun becomes fierce all of the sudden.

“Boys….” The leader, Suho orders the maknaes to watch out their behaviors.

“But it’s the truth, hyung!” Sehun pouts. The other members also start to look curiously at Khun, after realizing what the maknaes said are true.

“Hey guys…. he’s our bestfriend. Just like Michael.” Soorim says.

“So he’s gay?” Kyungsoo blurts out.

“Of course not.” Khun states. “And I’m very sorry if I’m always disturbing your special quality time, I should leave―”

“That’s not necessary.” Both leaders of EXO say in the same time.

The awkwardness immediately turns into silence when Yeeun receives a video call from Mr. Sooman.

“Hello Appa?”

“Please give your phone to the members of EXO first. I want to congratulate them.” Yeeun hands the phone to Suho while all members stand behind him, looking at Yeeun’s smartphone to catch a glimpse of their president.

“Good job guys. I hope you guys can keep up the good work. And can you please hand the phone back to Yeeun, it’s… kinda urgent.”

“Is it okay for us to be in the room, Sajangnim?” Suho asks back.

“Oh it’s okay. Now please hand it to Yeeun please.”

“Yes, wassup Appa?”

“I’m in trouble. Deep trouble.” Mr. Sooman says as he is scratching his head, but still maintaining his calmness.

“What’s wrong? Don’t scare me, Appa.”

“As you know f(x) got  a call from Blue House to let them perform in public, especially for the students as to commemorate Childrens’ Day, but Sulli suddenly fell during the practice and her knee needs at least 1 week to heal. So can you please…… substitute Sulli’s role and dances to her part? Just this once, I beg you.”

The rooms are filled with gasps and dead silence as the members and the other EXO staffs are too shocked to listen to what Mr. Sooman just said. Kyungsoo’s eyes couldn’t be any bigger as he is showing his usual facial expression : O_O

“WHAAAAAAAAT?! APPA!!!!!!!! You can always ask your trainee and f(x) can always perform in 4 as usual!”

“I know… But Mr. President’s daughter is a big fan of Sulli! And after she knows the news of Sulli hurts her ankle, she’s so sad.”

“But I’m not Sulli?”

“Yes, I know you’re not Sulli, but the daughter of President herself asks YOU to be Sulli’s substitute.”

“WHAAAT?! HOW THE HELL DOES SHE KNOW ME?”

Mr. Sooman coughs. “About that……….. She read a fanfiction of yours and Kris, and saw the pictures of you surfacing online and she thought you’re a perfect deal to be an idol.”

“WHAT?! A FANFICTION OF ME AND KRIS?”

“Y..Yes. Please do me a favor, Yeeun. To be honest, the fans of EXO silently ship you and Kris, as much as they ship HunHan and Taoris.”

The members are now gasping for real and couldn’t believe what they just hear. The President knows about Hunhan or Taoris…………..

“You know about HunHan and TaoRis?! Ah whatever. Back to the topic. But I can’t dance, Dad!”

“I believe in you, Yeeun. I’ve seen your singing skill and dance skill. I believe that Yunho is a good teacher even when now he didn’t teach you anymore.”

“How would you know?!”

“Don’t forget you actually got the best score in your dance class in high school.”

“But that's so long already... AND HOW DID YOU KNOW?! IT WAS SO LONG AGO!”

“Well.. I just know. And I believe that you can still dance amazingly just like before.  So please fulfill the President of South Korea’s daughter’s favor. She begs by herself. You couldn’t possibly turn down the offer. SM will be in hot water!”

“…………………………………..”

“So what do you think, guys?” Mr. Sooman asks EXO and Soorim.

“I couldn’t agree more. Yeeun can do it.” Soorim says confidently while she pats Yeeun’s back. But Yeeun glares at Soorim upon hearing her statement.

“WE AGREE SAJANGNIM!” EXO members shout in unity.

“See, Yeeun? Everybody believes in you. So will you please help me?” Yeeun can see the sincerity of his Dad, wanting her to stand on stage. Wanting her to become an idol. But a request from the daughter from South Korea’s president herself is not a small deal. It will affect SM’s reputation, Yeeun knows how much his foster Dad has sacrificed to build SM and keep it in a good shape like now.

“Please?”

“F..fine.” Yeeun states finally, giving up on her Dad.

“That’s my daughter! Okay, you should begin to train with the f(x) members starting at 6PM and the performance will be tomorrow! Good luck!” And he hangs up the video call before Yeeun could say anything.

Yeeun sighs and look at her clock, it’s already 5.30PM KST.