Boys In Disguise

That Jerk Who Changed My Life

*Soorim’s POV*

You know what? I feel extremely happy as I walk in to Incheon ; the place where Luhan oppa proposed me in front of a lot of people ; the place I first step in Korea―  why do I sound like a retard by saying this word? Of course I have to step in Incheon first if I arrive in Seoul, it’s impossible for me to immediately step in SM right? The airplane wouldn’t just drop me off in front of SM building. Even if the plane intends to, I’m too afraid to jump from the airplane using parachute― why do I even discuss this? Whatever. The conclusion is yeah I love Incheon a lot. And the fact that Luhan Daddy― does it sound mushy? I don’t care. Insisted on driving me to Incheon and accompany me to fetch Michael.

At first I wasn’t to sure about him accompanying me to fetch Michael since they had a bad term on each other as Michael pretended to have something more than just friends with me just to stood up to Luhan. But then Luhan said that Michael helped him to really determine his feelings to me. If it’s not him, he wouldn’t ask me to be his girlfriend that fast. So yes, double happiness for me. Meeting with my bestfriend accompanied with my boyfriend.

So we have been waiting for Michael in the Arrival section for around 15 minutes, and finally the arrival gate opens and some passengers walk through the gate pushing trolleys full of suitcases, and some with only their handbags, some walk like superstars to show off their airport fashion, and some yawn and feel tired as the timezone between America and Korea is different and got them in jetlag. Amongst the passengers arriving, Michael walks through the crowd with his super big Louis Vuitton suitcase. I immediately wave and he waves back with a smirk.

He immediately hugs me when he comes to both me and Luhan’s direction and gives Luhan a manly hug―pound hug in which both me and Luhan gasp in shock since gay boys didn't do that but Luhan replies to his pound hug anyway. I was about to kiss him in the cheek like we used to when we haven’t met each other in ages but then he avoids me and smiles awkwardly.

Oh Gosh. Is Michael still the old Michael I used to know?

Luhan glances at me with a unsure look, in which he knows both of us are totally terrified and shocked at Michael’s behaviour right now, not a jealous look when I tried to kiss him― he knows Michael is gay, okay? Or at least used to be.

 

 

When we hop on Luhan’s car, Michael starts to talk about everything, like he used to, but less  Gay-ish. So after we put his suitcase, he decides to go to EXO’s dorm with us as Luhan invites him to.

“Hey guys, look who’s here.” Luhan says to the EXO members but the members give him a weird look except for Kris, since they all dislike Michael's presence from the start since he tried to take me away from Luhan and kissed me in front of them at DBSK's backstage concert.

“Guys, don’t be like that. He’s just Soorim’s bestfriend, okay? Afterall he’s the one who helps me to determine my love for Soorim.” Luhan says as he snuggles me while speaking to the EXO members.

Then Xiumin starts to throw the cushion at Luhan’s direction and shouts, “Get a room, you guys!” Then he laughs hard followed by all EXO members, except Sehun, Kai and Tao.

“What’s the room for?” Sehun blinks confusedly and both Kai and Tao nod to Sehun’s question, signalling they also didn’t understand. And all of us laugh to the maknae’s purity.

“Okay guys, stop this discussion. Don’t corrupt these guys’ innocent minds” Suho finally says as he stands up and offer Michael a handshake, “I’m Suho, the leader of EXO-K.”

“Hi Suho.” Michael replies to his handshake.

“And which one of you is Kris?” Michael asks to us.

“I am. Do you know me?” Kris says.

“Of course I know you. And know a lot about you.” Michael walks nearer to Kris’ direction and begins to examine Kris.

“Good facial structure, your eyes, nose and mouth are perfect, and with your hair and your clothes now, you know how to dress yourself.” Michael nods to himself.

“Umm, you’re too tall for Yeeun, but that makes you guys a lot cuter. And thus, I agree if Yeeun is an item with you, but please, don’t hurt anymore.” Kris is just stoned as he himself received an eerie compliment from Michael.

“Oh Michael, you haven’t told your name to the member.

“I rub my temple as I see his behaviour.

“Oh sorry. My name is Michael, I’m Yeeun and Soorim’s besfriend, going to be 27 in this 20 August.” Michael says.

“You have the same birthday as my sister, hyung.” Chanyeol says.

“Ah, Yura noona?” Kai asks.

“Yeah.” Chanyeol nods.

And then the other members start to introduce themselves to Michael and they start to talk about anything in no matter of time, and get close actually. It’s good to see them being close with Michael. I feel very happy!

“So, Soorim. Where’s Yeeun going with that Nichkhun guy?” Michael asks suddenly.

“I don’t know, they’re going out to some café I think.” I say while I glance at Kris awkwardly. Surprisingly, all the members did too.

“Now you have to text her where she’s at.” Michael instructs me to.

“But for what?”

“Now I gotta see how far that Nichkhun guy has taken his relationship with Yeeun. Don’t worry Kris, I’ll help you to get Yeeun, I swear, you guys are made for each other.” Michael says.

“Umm thanks.” Kris replies a bit awkwardly as the members just nod listening to Michael’s opinion.

“Oh gosh. What are you planning? And why the hell are you siding Kris? I mean you guys just met.” I say.

“You know, Soorim. My judgement is never wrong. I can clearly see that Kris is the one for Yeeun in one glance. I’m going to the café and stalk them.”

“Okay whatever, but I can’t do this. I mean I’m friends with Nichkhun too so―”

“Give me your phone.”

I just close my eyes and let Michael to take my phone from me. I don’t even know why I’m doing this. I guess…. Deep down inside I want Kris to be with Yeeun. Sorry Nichkhun.

So Michael starts texting Yeeun, impersonating as me, asking Yeeun where she is. And Yeeun texts back quite quickly, she tells me―us her location and asks me why am I asking where she’s at. So Michael, impersonating as me replied to her that there’s nothing wrong.

“Okay so she’s at this Passion 5 café. Do you know where it’s at?” Michael asks the members.

“Oh I know. It’s at Yongsan-gu.” Baekhyun immediately says.

Passion 5


I was mightily impressed with Passion 5, a chic concept destination with 5 different categories of dining all under one roof –- gelato corner, bakery take-out station, patisserie and café, chocolatier and a full-fledged restaurant. If you love desserts like me, you must make a trip to Passion 5 when you are in Seoul.

272, Itaewon-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
Tel: +82 2 2071 9507
Nearest Station: Hangangjin

(cr : http://www.ladyironchef.com/2013/05/10-best-cafes-in-seoul/)

 

“Okay, so here’s my plan. I’m going to disguise myself and eavesdrop to their conversation. Kris, do you agree?”

“Absolutely. I’m going to.” Kris replies.

“But but, guys―” I say but Michael immediately goes on with his words. “Anyone else joining?” And all the members raise their hand and I just can stare at them at their strange plan.

“Soorim, we need your help.” Michael looks at me.

“What?”

“Turn us into ladies FAST. We’ll be going in 20 minutes.”

 

Passion 5

Oh gosh. Why did I agree on this plan? And now here are us, 14 people on the café, sitting just a few tables next to Yeeun and Nichkhun’s direction. Michael insisted to sit next to Yeeun’s table but I stop him as I said it is too risky to do that. I just want to laugh whenever I look at these guys, seriously.

 

I don’t even know why I agreed to come here. And FYI, I am even wearing a blonde curly wig, wear a very y, tight, short dress as Michael insisted me to go to the café in disguise. So I apply a  heavy smudgy make up for myself in the car since they are all already rushing to the van while I was dressing myself up.

Apparently, after I put on the make up― utterly thick eyeliner, long eyelashes, brown and fully smeared eye shadow, and red hot lipstick , all the members drop their jaws as they see me, Luhan included.  I asked them if I looked ugly, but then they all shook their head. They said I looked really good and different from the usual me. And do you know that Luhan whispered to me in the car, “You’re so right now, do you know? I don’t want you to dress like this next time. You’re allowed to wear that just in front of me, you hear me?” And I had a hard time from keeping my heartbeat at normal state just now.

The waitress comes to our table and look at us strangely. I adjust my hat―which is of course suitable for this y look to hide my face from embarrassment. We all only order ice lemon tea as we come here not to have a good time, but to observe Yeeun and Nichkhun.

We keep on observing them and eavesdrop to what they talk about.

“Do you know how pretty you are today? I wish to see you everyday, but you’re just too busy.” Nichkhun says.

“What a sweet talker.” Yeeun smiles and takes a sip of the coffee.

 Tao is about to storm off to their table and drag Yeeun away from Nichkhun, but the member all stop him and ask him to sit down. But he struggles and by thus, our table starts to make noises until Yeeun and Nichkhun look at our direction.

All of us almost got a heart attack and we all pretend to look at the menus and ignoring Yeeun and Nichkhun’s looks.

Luckily, both Yeeun and Nichkhun finally get back to their talking and ignore our presence.

“So your patients immediately double up as I have a short break, huh?” Yeeun asks Nichkhun.

“Well, yes. And some of your regular male patients complained to me that I’m not as skilful as you.”

Yeeun laughs, “Probably it’s because you’re a male.”

“What to do, you’re so pretty and all males couldn’t even resist.”

This time, it’s Michael’s turn to immediately wanting to rush to Yeeun and Nichkhun’s table and pour drinks all over Nichkhun, but all of us halt him, and he struggles just like Tao did. And again, we make voices and get looks again, from Yeeun and Nichkhun. Michael immediately stretches his hand and says,  “Ah I’m so tired after working out all day.”

And Yeeun and Michael look at us with weird looks but then again they focus on each other.

“Do you realise that the table is kinda… strange?” Yeeun asks Nichkhun.

And immediately all of us are in shock as both me and Michael blurts out our ice lemon teas and ended up letting Baekhyun and Kris’ faces to be sprayed by our ice lemon teas and saliva. Both Baekhyun and Kris just try to use tissue and wipe their faces gently, in order to not making the make-up being washed away. Immediately Chanyeol laughs so hard and get looks from all of us.

Knowing that he made a wrong move, we all glare at him. Surprisingly when I glance at Nichkhun and Yeeun, they are eyeing on us with suspicion.

Oh God. Please let them to go on with their conversation… We shouldn’t come here with so many members. Oh God. But Yeeun and Nichkhun are still looking at us strangely. They must've thought why the hell a girl has such a deep low voice? Geez.

I try to cool down with sipping my ice tea again, and I glance at both Yeeun and Nichkhun, hoping that they both stop looking at our direction, but they still do look at our direction. We’re going to be found out if we do nothing. Oh Gosh.

I immediately stand up from my seat and walk a few steps nearer to their table. I try to look as un-Soorim-ly as possible and say, “Sorry, my boys had a rough time to be accepted in the society as gays and drag queens, and this is the first time we all go out like this in the society in the noon, they only went out at night to perform as drag queen but I encouraged them to be themselves so yeah.. Sorry for making noises.” I say with my voice toned down.

Both Yeeun and Nichkhun nod awkwardly  as I go back to my seat with sweats all over my hands. Finally, Yeeun and Nichkhun go back to their topic and stop looking at us.

 

*Author’s POV*

“Why do those guys look so familiar? But I don’t recognize any drag queens though. They’re totally nuts. ” Yeeun says in her mind.

Suddenly one of the waiter come to Yeeun and Nichkhun’s table and hand Yeeun a bouquet of flower.

“Here is for Ms. Yeeun, with love by Mr. Horvejkul.”

Then another waiter comes out with a beautifully desgined cake and says “Here is for Ms. Yeeun, with love by Mr. Horvejkul.” just like what the last waiter said.

Another waiter comes out with a box of Tifanny and Co jewellery box  with a diamond ring in it and says the same thing as the other waiters did.

Yeeun just looks at the gift she received and look at Nichkhun. “Khun, why are you giving me this gifts?”

Nichkhun smiles and say, “Do you feel nostalgic receiving gifts?”

Yeeun thinks for awhile and says, “It reminded me… with my secret admirer.”

“That’s me.” Nichkhun says.

Sehun’s glass drop on the floor as he got too shocked upon Nichkhun’s words when he was about to drink. The other members shot Sehun a death glare as Yeeun and Nichkhun now look at their direction once again. Yeeun keeps on looking at them as they look too familiar and somehow..  she felt that they been eavesdropping to their talks.

But Nichkhun suddenly holds Yeeun hand when she was looking at the members. Yeeun immediately shifts the attention back to Khun as he touched her hand for the first time.

“Yeeun, do you want to be my ―” as Nichkhun hasn’t finished his words, Kris in disguise come to their table and pour drinks all over Nichkhun.

The drenched Nichkhun gets up from his seat and shouts at Kris, “What the hell is your problem?!” and of course, Nichkhun didn’t know it was Kris thanks to Soorim’s make up skill.

Kris didn’t reply to Nichkhun and immediately pulls Yeeun out of the café.

“Sorry but who the hell are you?” Yeeun says in a fierce tone as she couldn’t accept being dragged out from the café and her time with her bestfriend was ruined by some unknown drag queen.

Kris just stands in front of Yeeun, not saying any words.

Yeeun’s irritated face immediately changed as she pulls of Kris’ wig. “WUFAN?!”