The End

That Jerk Who Changed My Life

 

[AN : Oh God, it has been a year since I last wrote! Things sure change a lot. In the last AN, I wrote about Kris’ withdrawal from EXO and I needed to change the plot. And who would have expected that there will be another member withdrawal and it was Luhan. I find it perplexing for both of the main cast of this FF to withdraw......... It’s not like I wanted anybody to withdraw from EXO, it’s just....... the coincidence is too real to be true.

Anyway thank you for reading this FF, and I’m terribly sorry for hanging the story for so long. Wait, you guys have probably forgotten about this FF since it has been a year :’) And sorry for delaying for over 10 days huhuhu (as I promised I will be updating this FF on the 20th june. I had to deal with my college admission back then and I sort of changed the plot of this chapter a bit. Sorry!) Anyway..... enjoy the last chapter. I hope you enjoy. And if in any way you wish to contact me, I’ll be in @itsPeini at twitter. Hit me up anytime! See you soon, readers! OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CLICK ON THE OST I’VE CHOSEN OKAY. PLEASE. PLAY THE SONG I HAVE PROVIDED OKAAAY! ENJOY THIS SUPER LONG UPDATE. BYE GUYS <3]

 

4 Years Later

Seoul University Hospital, Seoul, South Korea.

“Adjust the light please. And hand me over sickle probe.”

“Hand me over the plugger.”

“So what do you think, are we able to push back the surgery date considering this condition?”

“Yes, I guess we can delay the operation. But only for a week.”

“Yes, that’s what I thought too.”

“Now go, you have a schedule an hour later right? I can handle the situation here.”

“Thank God I have a colleague like you. Then I should go by now.”

“Sure.”

 

 

Yeeun removes her gloves, stands up from her seat, walk straight to the sink, removing the surgical mask from her face before she washes her hand.

“See you, Khun. I owe you to the lots. Bye!”

“See you! Kick on the stage okay! Saranghae Yeeun-a!”

“Oh, it’s just a normal interview at the radio station. Thanks honey.”

 

 

MBC 900 AM, Younha’s Starry Night Seoul, South Korea

 

“Good afternoon, fellow listeners of MBC 900AM. Tonight’s guest stars will keep you alert all night long! Waaaaaah, look at how the studio is shining because these idols’ auras are so overwhelming and even me and all of the MBC 900 AM staffs are blinded by their star qualities. Let’s welcome our guests, DBSK’s Yunho, Lee Yeeun, Luhan, and SM’s stylist, Yang Soorim!”

“So..... Let’s start off with Luhan and Soorim shall we? How’s life Luhan, Soorim?”

“You want to answer first, yeobo?” Luhan smiles affectionately towards Soorim.

“Ah no, you should go first.” Soorim blushes.

“Aigoo this couple has made all people here envy of their sweetness!” Younha, the DJ cries.

“Life has been... fine for us. And yes, we’re very happy.” Luhan answers while smiling.

“Are you in a good terms with both the members and the company?”

“Of course I’m still in a good term with the company. I owe them my success, and of course.. my love life. Soorim wouldn’t have known me if I were not an SM idol.” Luhan smiles cheekily.

“Omo. What a sweet guy you are. Soorim-ssi, you are indeed lucky to be able to get married to Luhan! He even withdraws from the group only to marry you, some even thought that you guys got married because of MBA.” Younha speaks in a friendly manner.

Soorim laughs. “Yeah, we get that a lot. But you know, as a fan of EXO, I was actually sad at first that Luhan would be leaving EXO that soon for me. I felt bad, like I was really really guilty. But since it’s Luhan’s own will, I’d accept it wholeheartedly, and I’m glad that fans are very understanding that Luhan didn’t want to get married after he turns 30.”

“Woah, this must have been every fangirl’s dream to marry their idol!” Younha laughs.

“Yes indeed. I believe this is a dream come true for every fangirls. Oh here today, I would like to tell you that it’s not impossible to be the love of your life of your beloved idol. I mean who would’ve guessed I could end up together with Luhan?” Soorim beams her smile.

“Hear, hear, fangirls! It’s not impossible to actually end up like Soorim here! But before we ask her the tips and tricks to nail and idol’s heart, let’s move to Yeeun and Yunho shall we? Now, Yeeun tell me how your life has been. How does it feel to comeback after 2 years of hiatus? I heard that you use those 2 years to get a Ph.D in dentistry?"

“Yes, that's true. And now life’s good, I guess. And hectic. Going back and forth to the hospital and broadcasting station are indeed very tiring. But you know it’s my passion to perform and also not forgetting the love and support from my fans that keeps me going. If my fans were not as considerate as they are, I would’ve probably quit the entertainment industry. But they still accept the fact that I couldn’t go out as much as the other idols, and gladly they’re fine with it, and I don’t have to abandon one of my dreams (either dentistry or idol life), and I’m realy thankful for that.”

“Ah I see. Fan’s power is indeed something. Now, I’ve heard Yunho and Yeeun have sort of a special relationship. Because in the ‘Thanks To’ section from Yeeun’s previous album, it’s written that you were very thankful of Yunho’s existence, because without him, you’d not end up being an idol?”

“Ah yes. Yunho is like a big brother to me, he was the one who taught me dancing. I remember we danced all night in the first SM building when I was still very young. It was memorable to think about it.” Yeeun laughs.

“Yes, it was indeed fun. It’s nice to think about the past. Since Yeeun was young, I could clearly see that she’d make it as an idol. But as much as the whole SM pushed her for debut, she wouldn’t do it before 5 years ago. The K-pop scene would have gained so much for having a ‘Lee Yeeun’ to debut earlier. But that’s what she wants to debut so late, we should be thankful that she wanted to debut.” Yunho and Yeeun look at each other and giggle fondly.

“Now tell me what is the reason you suddenly wanted to debut? From Yunho and also from a lot of sources, you kept on rejecting the offer from your foster Dad to debut as an idol? So what developed your passion of performing?”

Yeeun hesitates at a moment. “I would say there is a special someone that ensures me that idol life is not as bad at as it seems. The whole entertainment industry was so scary for me. Sleeping for less than 5 hours a day, vocal training, dance training, language lesson every day, and have all your freedom taken away from you. Everything’s too overwhelming, but then.. as I am exposed to an idol’s life more and more when I worked as EXO-M’s manager and when I was asked to perform in The Blue House for the first time, it was worth it I guess.”

“Ah... Is that special someone the ex-leader of EXO-M’s Kris?”

Yeeun smiles and the whole room looks at her. “Well, it’s him.”

“I see. You guys were such a cute and perfect couple, I’m sad and I’m sure the others are sad too upon hearing the news 4 years ago. Oh I’m sorry, I brought this matter.” Younha looks apologetic.

“No, it’s fine.” Yeeunf fakes a laughter.

“So now back to you, Yunho.. What do you think of......”

And so the recording went on until time’s up and they have done the filming. The staffs are currently wrapping up so Yeeun, Yunho, Luhan and Soorim were sitting in a waiting room.

“Do you want to visit our home, Yeeun?” Luhan asks.

“Uhhh... Nichkhun should be coming by now though.”

“Ask him to join us then. It’s been awhile since I’ve met him.” Soorim says.

“Uhh well. Let me call him first.” Yeeun leaves the waiting room and calls Nichkhun.

“He’s actually not dating Nickhun, is he?” Luhan asks his wife after Yeeun leaves the room.

“Who knows?” Soorim giggles.

“Speaking of Yeeun’s boyfriend, hyung, do you still like Yeeun?” Luhan asks Yunho.

“Well, I’m not the boyfriend material for her, I only made it as a brother material.” Yunho laughs.

“By the fact that you laughed it off, does it mean that you’re over her?” Luhan gasps.

“Who knows, Ciao guys. I have a date to attend. Please tell it to Yeeun. And oh, get Soorim pregnant soon, Luhan. You know I’m dying to be a god-father. You guys have been married for 2 years right, time’s up for only a world of 2, okay? Now Bye!” Yunho laughs heartily before he rushes off from the waiting room.

“So....” Luhan looks at Soorim seductively.

“Should we be a good junior and listen to what Yunho hyung has said, Mommy?” Luhan whispers to Soorim, and Soorim blushes.

“Daddy... Yeeun and Nichkhun are going to come over, remember?”

“That can wait.” Yeeun walks in the waiting room.

“Oh God I guess you guys are not that innocent couple anymore. But whatever since you guys have already married. Khun can’t make it. So I guess I’ll pay a visit to your home next time. I’d love to become a god-mom soon!” Yeeun winks at Soorim.

“Yeeun, stop it.” Soorim laughs.

“Good luck oppa, you can do it.” Yeeun pats Luhan’s back.

“I’m leaving, Nichkhun is waiting for me. Bye guys!”

 

***

 

"Hi honey." Khun flashes his sweet smile when Yeeun hop in his sport car.

"Hey. Thank you for fetching me. But next time it's not necessary, okay? I mean you have canceled so many appointments just to fetch me. I can drive too." Yeeun says while fastening the seatbelt.

"It's my pleasure to drive you." Khun smiles cheekily.

"Aish. This guy."

"Yeeun-a, do you remember those days back then when I was your secret admirer?"

"Omo yes. It was so sweet but at the same time it's sort of creepy." Both Yeeun and Khun burst into laughters.

"I was so deeply and madly in love with you back then."

"Do you still?" Yeeun beams her smile.

"What answer do you want?" Khun asks back.

"Duh this best friend of mine sure has a very sweet mouth."

"See in the end, I'm still your best friend. Doctor, please heal my heart. It's been broken for 3 years." Khun fakes a weep.

"I'm sorry, I'm a dentist, not a love expert." Yeeun laughs.

"By the way, cut that act. I saw you exchange numbers with SNSD eonnideul. And you still claim that I break your heart up until now? Duh what a player you are."

"You know I decided to find the other girls when I clearly get rejected for 3 years straight. Why, are you jealous?"

"No. Not at all. I was wondering whether one of them was actually your type, and you guys can start dating."

"Honey, finding girlfriend is totally different from picking fresh fishes from the market. You need to be detailed and thorough to pick the one."

"Arasseo. I won't pester you for more, okay?"

"Which patient will we handle next, Khun?"

So both Khun and Yeeun drive to the hospital and finish up their shifts as dentists.

 

 

***

"Yeeun-a. Have you done your shift?"

"Omo. Yura eonni! You’re here? Yes, I've done my shift."

"I'm so sorry to even trouble you when your schedule is already so packed up." Yura smiles apologetically.

"No, it's fine. I'm different, remember? Half-dentist, half-idol, it may seem too hard, but luckily to be measured, my responsibilities are not as heavy as a full-time idol nor full-time dentist, so no worries!"

"You're indeed lucky SM is owned by your foster-dad, aren't you? Our Yeollie worked so hard to have his talents to be noticed."

"I guess, I am. It's birth lottery." Yeeun shrugs.

"Now I'm done packing up my personal belonging. Which bridal shop is Michael waiting at?"

 

***

 

 

"Ya! What a gentleman you are to let Yura come to the hospital alone."

"Mind you, my office is not far from this shop, so Yura asked me to get here first. She loathed the fact that I stick next to her all the time."

"I see. Where's Soorim?"

"Hey I'm here!" Soorim rushes in to the bridal shop.

"Not forgetting me." Luhan exclaims.

"And me." Chanyeol walks in.

"And us!" The whole EXO members walk in.

"I'm sorry Hyung and Nuna, they insisted to come when I've clearly asked them to stay at the dorm. They wanted to see you in a wedding dress, nuna." Chanyeol pouts to Yura.

"Aigoo boys. You should've told me, I would've picked you guys." Yura smiles.

"See I told you, nuna will like it if we come." DO mutters.

"Oh, whatever." Chanyeol shakes his head.

"Now are you ready to try out the wedding dress, eonni?" Soorim asks.

"More than ever." Yura looks at Michael and smiles affectionately.

"Ah and Yeeun-a, I handpicked your maid of honor’s dress if it's okay." Yura says.

"Of course it's okay. But I've been wondering, who is the best man?" Yeeun asks.

"Oh, you ask too much. Go help Yura change, that can wait." Michael pushes both Yeeun and Yura to the fitting rooms.

“But....” Yeeun complaints.

“No buts, and hurry up. Listen to the groom this time!” Michael orders.

"And you? Aren't you going to change to?" Soorim asks Michael.

"I can wait. I’ll never going to miss the moment when I see Yura in a wedding dress.”

“Ugh, so mushy.”

“Soorim, now you know how we feel every time we see you and Luhan hyung together.” Baekhyun smirks.

“Don’t blame me, it’s Luhan who flirts in public, I never initiated that, Baekhyun-a.” Soorim giggles.

“We’re married, it’s normal for us to show affection in public.” Luhan puts his arm around Soorim’s waist.

“Ah your skinship level has improved! From only pinching noona’s cheek, now the hand has slid off to the waist! Oh my god. I can’t bear this anymore.”

“Luhan, you’re being a bad influence for the maknaedeul here.” Suho exclaims.

“Oh hyung, please, they’re not under-aged anymore. I heard Sehunnie is pretty famous amongst the girl groups.” Luhan laughs.

“Ah, no. I’d wait for the only one and only Miranda Kerr.”

“See, he has gone from Bubble tea to Miranda Kerr. The maknaedeul have grown up.” Luhan laughs.

“The bride is ready!” Yeeun shouts from the fitting room.

All of the attentions immediately shifted to the fitting room, and when Yeeun pulls the curtain, everybody is star-struck by the beauty of Yura in the wedding dress.

“Yeobo, how do I look?” Yura smiles.

“Perfect, I’m speechless.” Michael gasps at by staring at his beautiful soon-to-be-wife.

“Noona.............” Chanyeol starts hugging Yura and cry.

“Yeollie! Don’t you cry! It will stain the wedding dress!” Xiumin shouts.

Chanyeol sobs even harder until Michael comes in and hug him.

“Hyung.....” Now he sobs at Michael’s shoulder instead of his sister’s.

“It’s fine, Chanyeol. I know you’re afraid to leave your eonni. But let me tell you, you won’t lose a sister, you’ll have a new brother who can watch over you.” Michael pats Chanyeol’s back.

“Gomawo, hyung. Please take of my one and only sister.” Now everybody gather and hug Chanyeol to console him.

“Yeollie-a, this is supposed to be a happy event, don’t cry anymore, okay?” Yura finally sheds away her brother’s tears.

“That’s right, what’s so sad about having your sister to marry off? You’ll gain a brother just like what Michael hyung said, and even a cute baby soon for you to play with!” Kai exclaims.

“That’s true....” Chanyeol is now laughing with tears still streaming in his cheeks.

 

 

 

Michael and Yura’s wedding

 

 

“OH MY GOD I AM SHAKING!” Chanyeol exclaims.

“What? It’s not even your wedding!” Baekhyun says.

“Hyung, you need to understand that Yura noona means the world to Chanyeol hyung. Am I right, hyung?” Sehun blinks.

“Yeah, you understand me―”

“HEY HYUNGDEUL! I HOPE I AM NOT LATE!” Tao barges in the room specially used to accomodate EXO members.

“TAO YOU MADE IT! And you’re not late.” Chanyeol runs towards Tao and hugs him hard.

“OUR PANDA TAO! How are you? It’s been years since we’ve met!” All of the EXO members are all hugging Tao.

“Hyung, I miss you too.” Tao starts to bawl his eyes out.

“This is a wedding, guys. We shouldn’t cry!” Lay reminds the members.

“Yixing is true. We should remember today as a happy moment, not a sad moment. Man up, Tao.” Suho pats Tao’s back.

“I’m so glad to meet you, Hyung. How’s studies, hyung?” Kai asks.

“I just finished my exam yesterday, Kai. I rushed to the airport and book myself a ticket to Korea. Thank God I’m not late.”

“Glad thing you didn’t miss Michael’s wedding, skipping my wedding alone is enough.” Luhan pinches Tao’s nose.

“Luhan hyung... Soorim Noona, I’m sorry! I was only a freshman back then, I have troubles coping up with my studies, couldn’t skip my classes. I’m so so so so sorry.”

“It’s fine! It’s fine. Don’t worry. What matter is that now you’re here.” Soorim laughs.

“Ah, it’s almost time. Should we go and greet Michael and Yura?” Lay looks at his watch.

“Are we complete yet?” Chen asks.

“Yes, we are. Except Kris. Now let’s go and meet my noona!” Chanyeol exclaims.

“Nuna!” Chanyeol runs and hugs her sister who is sitting eloquently in a couch.

“Oh my god my EXO boys are so handsome. Yeollie, you look so dashing!” Yura smiles happily.

“You’re the most beautiful girl in the earth, noona.” Chanyeol starts tearing up.

“Not again, Hyung.” Sehun, the maknae creases his forehead.

“Yeol.. Even the maknae laughs at you.” DO says.

Yura noona laughs. “Yeollie-a, it might be too quick for you to say that I’m the most beautiful girl in the earth, I am the most beautiful girl in the earth for Michael, but you.. You will find yours.”

“Yeeun-a, does my Yeollie have a girlfriend?” Yura tilts her head, facing Yeeun who is standing behind her, as her bridemaid.

“Never heard of it, but you should ask Chanyeol himself whether it’s true or not. Or maybe.... It’s a backstreet relationship.” Yeeun winks at Chanyeol.

“Yeeun noona! That’s nonsense.” Chanyeol pouts.

“Yeeun you look god-damn beautiful today! But still, Yura noona takes the spotlight today. Oh God, 2 beautiful women in front of me. My life is complete.” Baekhyun laughs heartily.

“Byun Baekhyun, you’re a ert.” Xiumin laughs.

“Don’t deny, Minseok. I bet you’d agree with me that these 2 ladies are breathtakingly beautiful.”

“I won’t deny.” Xiumin shrugs.

“Guys, the wedding’s starting soon, the guests may go and wait in the hall.” The EO smiles politely to the members.

“Yeeun, make sure Yura is ready 100%, I’ll contact you when it’s time for Yura to walk in the aisle.” The EO now smiles at Yeeun

“Sure.”

One by one of the EXO members start to leave the room happily, leaving Yeeun and Yura alone.

“Eonni.” Yeeun silently calls Yura eonni.

“Yes, Yeeun?”

“Is... Kris coming?”

Yura eonni tilts her head back to Yeeun and gives her an apologetic smile.

Without asking anymore, Yeeun understands what Yura means.

 

*Yeeun’sPOV*

 

This place is beautiful.

Yura eonni is so gorgeous.

Michael is very dashing.

Everything is so perfect. It’s picture-perfect.

The wedding march is being played out loud when Yura eonni is walking in the aisle with her Dad, while Michael is standing there dashingly in the altar, looking proud.

This wedding is as beautiful as a fairytale. You can see the happiness in everybody’s faces. EXO members’ loud laughter, Yura eonni’s family’s tears, Michael’s friends’ loud whistle, envious look from Yura eonni’s friends, Michael’s family proud smile.

I too, am dumbfounded by the beauty of this wedding. I too, am happy for Michael and Yura, my closest ones. I am happy to see them happy. Everything is so complete, but I have this unsettling feeling deep within me. Why do I feel empty? It just doesn’t feel right.

“It’s too beautiful, like a fairytale.” I speak unconsciously.

“Beautiful, isn’t it? This proves that happy ending doesn’t only exist on fairytales. ” Someone responds to my words.

“But it’s not a happy ending, on my case.” I answer without even glancing to the source of the voice, as I am too drowned in the wedding.

Wait.

That voice.

That one familiar voice.

I know that voice all too well.

 

 

 

I jerk my head to the left. He’s here. Wufan’s here.

“Kris?”

“Hi. I’m the best-man. I’ll be your partner for today, maid of honor.” Kris flashes his smile.

I am too shocked for words. Now I know why everybody never reply to the question regarding who Michael’s best man will be. Now I also get it why Yura eonni always rejected my offer to attend the wedding’s rehearsal even if I did not have any schedule. Now it all makes sense. All I could do is muster a short laughter.

“Do I look funny to you, Lee Yeeun?”

“No.”

“You look pretty in this dress. Can I kiss you now? There’s no reporter in this wedding as it’s a private wedding right?”

“You know what Kris, you’re still a jerk.”

“Well I’m not Wu Yifan if I’m not a jerk.”

“Maybe if I were not a jerk, we wouldn’t be together. You know if I were not a jerk, I wouldn’t have blackmailed you using the sanitary pad thing.” He adds.

That laughter. That smirk. His presence beside me, our significant height gap, his smell. Everything feels so surreal. This giant, this perfect man, that one guy who I have yet to meet in those 4 years, now is standing next to me.

“That’s all? That’s all you can say after these 4 years?”

“Shhh. Hold my hand. Now it’s our turn to do our job in the wedding. Explanations later. Now focus, babe.” And just like that he holds my hand, and we walk to assist Yura and Michael, per maid of honor and bestman’s task to do so.

 

***

After the wedding reception ends, the after-party starts and everybody is now dancing gleefully in the hall. Not in the mood to dance, I find myself heading to the rooftop to find myself some fresh air. I guess it is quite tiring to be maid of honor. But I wonder, am I really tired simply because the task as a maid of honor overwhelming? Or is it because I’m just being grumpy because Kris is next to me?

As weird as it sounds, I guess I am indeed grumpy seeing Kris next to me? I guess I am.. Terrified of losing him. I am afraid that this meeting will only set as a temporary bliss before he starts to leave me longer, putting me to a whole deeper level of agony. Fall to deep, crash too hard. That’s true.

“I’d know you’ll come here.” Kris stands in the edge of the roof-top, starring at the sky.

Call me possessed, or mad. I finally find myself hugging Kris from the back. I couldn’t handle the overwhelming feeling of touching the man that I love. My heart and my body aches for him. I really can’t play cool anymore. I’ve had enough acting like I’m fine during the wedding and pretend as if nothing’s wrong.

But the fact is, nothing’s wrong to be honest. Maybe it’s just me. Maybe it’s just this crybaby who longs for his boyfriend.

“I miss you.”

“This is so unlike you, Yeeun.” Kris smiles and he turns to me, patting my head and my shoulder.

“I hate you, Wufan. I don’t even know if we’re pretending to have broken up or whether it’s real. Sometimes I dread that we’re really over.” I can’t contain my emotions anymore and weep in his chest. I don’t care if it’s ruining his expensive suit, or ruining my make-up. I just miss him too much.

“I’m so sorry, Yeeun. It’s for both of us. You do know that we are both idols. We’re both deceiving the public; we’re both lying for not being madly in love with each other. But this time I kept our promise, right?”

 

flashback

A day before Kris' departure to Canada

“Yeeun, I love you. Stop crying.”

“Must we do this? No, I don’t want this. I don’t want to sacrifice my love life.” Yeeun speaks within her tears.

“Yeeun, don’t be like this, we need to protect the company. This is the life that we’ve chosen. This is to protect both you and me. And you’re not sacrificing your love life, believe me.” Kris pulls Yeeun for an embrace.

“Not contacting you for years is not compromising our love life?” Yeeun sobs even harder.

“In a way, I know it is. But believe me, it’s for both of us. You do know EXO have a lot of saeseng fans who would like to know the reason behind my withdrawal, and they will try to find it from you too. Call me selfish and greedy, but I don’t want to hurt both you and my parents.” Kris sadly snuggles Yeeun.

“We can just pretend, like how we used to. We’ll state to the media that we’ve broken up. And we can still keep in touch together, can’t we?”

“Yeeun, my silly Yeeun. You do know that these fans will do anything to fish out information from us right? You have a bright future as an idol, I don’t want to be that stain. Let’s stick with Sajangnim’s plan okay?”

“You know what, Kris? I’m perfectly fine in taking a Ph.D, but I’ll be in USA for God’s sake, and you’ll be in Canada, and we still can't contact each other? The fans wouldn’t have flown to North America only to dig information about us? Your parents will be fine, and I too, will be fine if the fans don’t know that we’re dating.”

“As absurd as it might be, I agree with Sajangnim. It’s only right if we pretend to break up, and stop contacting each other temporarily. I leave for Canada to finish my studies, and to reconcile with my parents. You take your Ph.D soon, so news about us breaking up will sound real. We are within the eyes of International fans, Yeeun. Don’t forget.”

Yeeun cries even harder and couldn’t give Kris any response, because deep in her heart she understands that it is the best for everybody. But she just couldn’t accept the fact that she’ll have to stop contacting her love of her life.

“Not even a single e-mail?” Yeeun looks at Kris in the eye.

Kris sighs, “No. It’s set as a precautionary measure. Did you know a lot of idols’ personal emails are hacked by the sesaeng fans? I’m so sorry that I’m so selfish, Yeeun. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I hurt you for God-knows how many times. I feel so worthless, I feel so ing stupid. I.... ” Kris now couldn’t control his tears anymore.

Yeeun hugs Kris even tighter. “No, don’t ever say sorry. You’re doing the right thing, as children, we need to comply to our parents’ needs. I’m proud of your brave action, Kris. I..... am.” Yeeun tries to hide her tears, and now it’s Yeeun’s turn to snuggle Kris.

“I love you, Yeeun. I swear I love you.”

“I know, now please don’t cry anymore.” Yeeun uses her thumbs to wipe away Kris’ tears.

“I promise you, Yeeun, I’ll be back within years. I can’t give you the certainity when I’ll exactly be back, but I promise you, I will. You need to believe in me, okay?” Kris kisses Yeeun’s forehead.

“I’ll wait for you, until I grow white hairs all over my head.” Yeeun tries hard to muster a smile, and then she kisses Kris’ lips tenderly.

“Kris....” Yeeun says after their lips part.

“Hmm?”

“But what will you do after you come back? Won’t it just be the same? We need to pretend that everything’s over between us?”

“Of course not. When the time comes... I’ll be back with SME, either as an idol, or an investor. And once you have had enough with the idol life.... Let’s get married.” *ends of flashback*

 

 

[NOW play back Baekhyun’s Beautiful starting again from the beginning XD trust me, if you comply to me, this fanfic will be much better with the ost I’ve handpicked ;)]

“Yeah, I waited for 4 freakin years, Wufan.” Kris snuggles my head and let my head rests on his broad chest. How I’ve missed him. How I’ve missed this broad chest of his. How I’ve missed entangling my hand over his body. How I’ve missed him snuggling me. How I’ve missed him touching my hair. How I’ve missed him patting my back.

“Good girl. Now please don’t cry.” He kisses my head, and continues, “It pains me you know, every single time I see you cry. And to know that every tears you’ve let out over these years.... are all for me. God, I’m such a jerk. I’m sorry.”

I guess hugging him is indeed a remedy for the loneliness I’ve extremely felt over these 4 years. That hug, is indeed even more magical than any magic spell. I feel better, much better as my tears have dried up.

“Good thing you know you’re a jerk. Don’t leave me anymore, Wufan.” I look at him in the eye, deeply, sternly and with a sight of pain and loneliness.

“I won’t leave anymore. I swear, I won’t.” He caresses my face. I nod and we both smile cheekily.

“So. What are you now? An idol, or an investor?”

“I can be both, you know.” He flashes his smirk, his trademark. Gosh, have I told you how charming his smirk is? As annoying as he might be, I swear to God since day 1 I’ve met him, his smirk has been so...... charming.

“Serious, man.”

“Investor. And the head of economic analyst in Bank of Korea. It’s going to be South Korea’s headline news tomorrow, I’ve had a secret meeting with your foster Dad, in Canada, you know.”

“Wow. My boyfriend, in a headline, as the head of economic analyst. In the central bank of the whole South Korea. Wow. You’ve changed. You’re smarter.” I laugh.

“Brainy is the new y.” He winks at me. “And I want to be on par with my great girlfriend who happens to have gotten herself a Ph.D tittle in dentistry Just you wait, I'm planning to have a Ph.D in econs as well.” He laughs back.

“So those 4 years are filled with strives to get you this position, for what?”

“I know you too well, Yeeun. I know you’re still deeply in love with the entertainment industry.” He tugs my strands of hair to my back of ear. “I worked my off for 4 years, and it’s for you.”

“For me? I thought it was for your parents.” I look confused.

“If it was for my parents, I can just come back to Korea 2 years ago, Yeeun. My dad owns a multi-billionaire company, with my exceptional skill in Econs, I can just work with my Dad after I finish my studies. But no, I do not want that. I did internships; I work at IMF, World Bank, here and there, all to build up my resume to get the position in Bank of Korea.”

“Why?”

“I need to build my reputation, Yeeun. In South Korea exactly. I want to date you publicly, Yeeun.” He looks at me deeply. “With my Dad’s power and wealth, he is able to stop the news regarding them abandoning me when I was a baby. But there’s exactly one thing he isn’t able to do, Yeeun. He can’t control the public acceptance of us dating in public. As trivial as it may sound, it is not. If we come back together as a couple, disclosed or not, the public sooner or later will know it. Your talent will be outshined by numerous of press questions regarding me leaving EXO, about why we broke up, and all of those s. I don’t want that. I can’t turn back time to un-propose you publicly right? So this needs to be done. By me being an economic analyst, I’m an asset for the country. Therefore, the public won’t see me as that Kris who left EXO. I’m that Wu Yifan who works for Bank of Korea. And I finally can get public acceptance of us dating together, or for us to get married.”

“My dad and I also have planned to create a scenario regarding my withdrawal to protect me. So the news will try to portray me in a good light, as I will answer like, I discovered my passion in Econs, and also I’m that good guy who wants to contribute to SM, even if I have withdrew from the group as I will be an investor. The reason we broke up was due to our hectic schedule and long distance relationship. And we met again here in Korea, so it’d be normal for us to go back dating. There, we can date in public.” He explains in a full detail, being effortlessly smart.

Wow. I’ve never thought that he had such a brilliant plan all along these 4 years, only to protect me. To protect our relationship. That’s amazing. Really. I’m out of words to express my happiness that he’s trying so hard to make everything to be right.

“None of this wouldn’t have happened if you did not propose to me in public back then.” I complaint in a joking manner, trying to hide my gratitude for him, the love of my life.

“Hey, the public proposal is inevitable, okay? I helped you from that unexpected question given at Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook. Are you going to deny that the picture shown was us? SM’s reputation will surely tarnish. So yeah, I just took the shot and publicly proposed you. That was already a win-win situation for me, actually. But who know I suddenly got a call from my Dad and Mom, and I’m forced to leave everything here.” He sighs.

“Props, Wu Yifan. Now you got that brain. Those 4 years are worth it.” I say in a joking manner.

“Hey even before I head to Canada, I’ve always been smart, okay. I just didn’t get the chance to boast like now because I was busy being an idol. Now knock it off, stop laughing.” But I still laugh anyway.

“Oh and I heard about us marrying together. Wow, Wu Yifan. Are you proposing to me?”

“Well if you regard that as a proposal. Feel free to think like that.”

“NO. I do not accept such a lousy proposal. NO. And I don’t want to get married just yet.”

“I know, I know. That’s why I worked my off for us to be able to date publicly. I don’t want you to ditch your idol life just to get married with me in The States. It’s all for you, babe. Now the waits are over, you don’t know how much I’ve missed you.”

I don’t know what exactly has driven me. But I just kiss him hard, very very passionately. I guess it is a form of my gratitude for everything that he has done. I just miss him. I just love him. I love my smart, cool, talented, badass and jerk, Wufan.

“I love you, Wufan. Thank you.” I say breathlessly after we part from our kiss.

“I love you more, Yeeun.” He lifts my chin slowly and now we kiss again, tenderly.

“OHMYGOD I CAN’T STAND THIS. NO THE BOYS ARE UNDERAGED TO WATCH THIS!” Wufan and I quickly part our lips and spontaneously, we both look at the closed door, where the voice comes from. We laugh immediately as we know it is Suho’s voice. The boys, Soorim, Yura and Michael have been eavesdropping as all along.

“Have a great time watching us kissing? And for God's sake, Suho. The maknae is old enough, you guys are not rookie idols anymore. ” Kris smirks at the EXO members.

“HYUNG SEE YOU’VE RUINED EVERYTHING! WE COULD’VE SEEN SO MUCH MORE!” Tao pouts.

“Oh my God, Tao. You really have grown up since you're studying in The States, huh?” Baekhyun tugs his head and ruffle his head.

“AH BAEKHYUN HYUNG LET ME GO!”

Sehun suddenly walks next to Kris, “Hyung, teach me how to kiss a girl.” He smiles cheekily.

“Sehun. Don’t do that.” D.O. scolds him.

“OHMYGOD KRIS WE’VE MISSED YOU!” Yixing shouted. And now the 12th of the members laugh happily as they reunite.

“It feels good to see the OT12.” Soorim is in tears.

“Oh my, Soorim. Deep inside you’re still an EXO stan, aren’t you?” Michael hisses.

Yura eonni walks to me slowly with her wedding dress. “Yeeun, I’m really happy for you and Kris. I’d wait for your wedding invitation soon, okay?” She winks at me.

“Eonni.... That’s too fast.” I blush.

“YEAY ANOTHER WEDDING SOON?!” Kai jumps around, and all of the members clap and shout in union due to the extreme happiness.

“No, guys, no. I still need to work as an idol, okay?”

“Ah don’t lie, you―” Soorim suddenly feels like throwing up even before she is able to finish her sentence.

“Oh my, Soorim. Are you okay?” Luhan immediately runs towards Soorim, and all of us look at her anxiously.

“I don’t know, I start to feel nauseaos out of the blue.” Soorim suddenly looks weaker.

“OHMYGOD SOORIM ARE YOU PREGNANT?!” Yura eonni shouts, and all of us immediately get hyped by the fact that we could soon meet Luhan Jr.

“Omo. If It’s a boy name it Junho, if it’s a girl name it Junhee!” Xiumin suggests.

“No.” Luhan and Soorim say in union, and they both laugh at their own simultenous reponse.

“What, have you guys planned names all along? I thought you said you still want to live in that sweet and romantic world which only consists of 2 of you?” I ask Soorim.

“Well...... If it’s a girl, it certainly has to be named as Minah. Am I right, Daddy?” Soorim smiles.

“And if it’s a boy, let’s name him Minho.” Luhan now smiles.

“Luhan and Soorim will still be the mushiest of all of us. Oh god.” I crease my forehead.

“Kris, that’s a code for you! Yeeun wants more skinship and affection in front of us.” Baekhyun smiles cheekily.

“Baekhyun, you’re a ert.” Chen hisses, while Baekhyun just laughs.

“So many good things happen today. I guess you guys need to treat both me and Yura, and oh not forgetting Chanyeol for all of the blessings that have happened today.” Michael exclaims.

“Woaaaaah Yeol-a, you gain yourself a great brother in law!” Luhan smiles.

“I KNOW RIGHT. I LOVE YOU MICHAEL HYUNG!” and Chanyeol heads to run towards Michael and hug him tightly.

“By the way........................... I still hate you guys all for hiding the fact that Kris is the bestman today! Do you know how hard it is to be next to him for hours but unable to speak?!” I pout.

“Is it hard because you’re unable to kiss me in public, Yeeun? I know I’m that irresistible.” Kris kisses me in the cheek, and both Kris and I gain shouts and whistles from his actions. Ah, this guy. I love him to death.

Yes, today is such a good day. Too much blessings to be true. I guess in the end of the day, it’s a happy ending for me. And this means, happy ending doesn’t only happen in fairytales.