Six Degrees Of Separation

That Jerk Who Changed My Life

 

The blue coloured words : Kris' thought.

The red coloured words : Yeeun's thought

 

*Auhtor’s POV*

Los Angeles, 2AM

“Why are you taking me here? I should be the one who takes you around and it’s so late already!” Yeeun frets as Yunho drags her into a pub.

“Please please please accompany me here! Changmin has bragged about how he went here and had a good time. Please?” Yunho begs.

“But he must had a good time here with girls! You should’ve come here alone if you wanna have that kind of ‘fun’! You shouldn’t drag me here!”

“This is a normal pub, Yeeun. What are you thinking? This isn’t even a club. It will be worth it. I promise.” Yunho says.

“Okay. Fine.”

“So what drink should I drink here?” Yeeun asks as they got into the pub.

“Try drinking the beer.”

“What?”

“As a girl I recommend you to be able to gulp down a lot of beers so that boys won’t take you here just to take advantages of you.” Yunho said, as he is still eyeing his menu.

“Whaaaaaat? What if I’m drunk now? You won’t take advantages of me will you?!”

“YAH! I’m Jung Yunho, for God’s sake. I’m not any other boys.”

Yeeun laughs out loud. “I know I know. I’m just kidding okay?”

So both Yeeun and Yunho spends a good time in a pub talking about random stuffs or flashbacking to the past, talking about the memories they used to have as children. Unexpectedly, Yeeun is able to drink of beers and is starting to like beers. She is starting to get a bit drunk.

 

 

 

Seoul,  7PM

Kris sits down in his car, thinking of where he should spend his weekend. He turns on the radio, and when he is about to start the engine. A text came in.

From : Soorim

Hey Kris. Bad news. Yunho is in LA now. It’s already 2AM here and Yeeun is yet to be home. Well, Yunho is like a brother to her so I don’t worry. It’s just that your chance to be with Yeeun is…. Well. Goodluck.

To : Soorim

Thanks for the info.

“.” He mutters to himself.

Hey this is radio 65.75FM playing all the current hits worldwide. I’m going to open up your weekend by a quite sad breakup song. Hehehe. This is for all of the  brokenhearted people. Six degrees of separation by The Script here we go.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey yall. We’re a local band from LA and I guess some of you have known us. We’re xxxx, and we’re here to entertain you guys with our covers of the hits songs worldwide. Have a good weekend in Pub xxx! We’re going to sing Six Degrees of Separation by The Script. Enjoy.”

You've read the books, 
You've watched the shows, 
What's the best way no one knows, yeah, 
Meditate, get hypnotized. 
Anything to take from your mind. 
But it won't go 

You're doing all these things out of desperation, 
Ohhh woah, 
You're going through six degrees of separation. 

You hit the drink, you take a toke. 
Watch the past go up in smoke. 
Fake a smile, yeah, lie and say that, 
I'm better now than ever, and your life's okay 
Well it's not. No 
You're doing all these things out of desperation, 
Ohhh woah, 
You're going through six degrees of separation. 

First, you think the worst is a broken heart 
What's gonna kill you is the second part 
And the third, is when your world splits down the middle 
And fourth, you're gonna think that you fixed yourself 
Fifth, you see them out with someone else 
And the sixth, is when you admit that you may have messed up a little. 

(No, no, there ain't no help, it's every man for himself) 

You tell your friends, yeah, strangers too, 
Anyone'll throw an arm around you, yeah 
Tarot cards, 
Gems and stones, 
Believing all that is gonna heal your soul. 
We'll it's not, no 

You're only doing things out of desperation, 
Ohhh woah, 
You're goin' through six degrees of separation. 

First, you think the worst is a broken heart 
What's gonna kill you is the second part 
And the third, Is when your world splits down the middle 
And fourth, you're gonna think that you fixed yourself 
Fifth, you see them out with someone else 
And the sixth, is when you admit that you may have messed up a little. 

No there's no starting over, 
Without finding closure, 
You'd take them back, 
No hesitation, 
That's when you know you've reached the sixth degree of separation 

No there's no starting over, 
Without finding closure, 
You'd take them back, 
No hesitation, 
That's when you know you've reached the sixth Degree of separation 

First, you think the worst is a broken heart 
What's gonna kill you is the second part 
And the third, Is when your world splits down the middle 
And fourth, you're gonna think that you fixed yourself 
Fifth, you see them out with someone else 
And the sixth, is when you admit that you may have messed up a little
.

 

Damn. I should’ve tried to forget her. Why the hell is this song playing in the radio right now? Every lyrics of it seems true. I’m faking it. I’m not okay. I also don’t know why I’m so messed up when she’s not here by my side. The passion of performing in stage means nothing if I don’t have her by my side. But what to do? She’s fine without me. I can’t blame her though. It’s my fault. Probably I’m really going through six degrees of separation.

Without thinking too much, Kris drives as fast he could and he has decided to spend his weekend in a well-known club.

A lot hot girls who wear super tight and super mini dress are eyeing Kris. Forgetting their dignities, they throw themselves to Kris, forthrightly or not.

To Kris, these girls mean nothing. He is fed up with girls who have no dignities and throw themselves randomly at guy. (AN : Well Kris, they can’t be blamed. You’re as hot as smoke! Oops.)

Ignoring his surroundings, he keeps gulping down the liquors he ordered. He already drank 10 glasses of liquors and he still orders for more. He feels empty. Like everything in his life aren’t even important anymore. The love of his life has lost her love towards him.

Feeling hurt, empty, he kept drinking and he didn’t realise that he started to get drunk. Suddenly, some random girl comes again and she sits beside him.

“Hey. Why are you drinking alone? Do you want me to accompany you?” The random girl said.

Without looking at her, and still focusing on his drink, he said, “Shut up and you should go home.”

Not giving up, the random girl walks to Kris even nearer and holds Kris arms, trying to seduce Kris. “Please let me accompany you.”

Kris lets go of her hand and looks at her. He wanted to to rage at her, but his blurry vision mistake her as Yeeun. He shakes his head and blinks his eye, but his eyes and brain still mistake her as Yeeun.

“Yeeun? Is it you?”

The random girl is shocked by Kris’ sudden change attitude. “Ummm yes?”

“I’ve missed you so bad, please don’t leave me anymore.”

“Yes I won’t leave you. Please kiss me passionately if you missed me.” Said that y random girl, using advantages of Kris as he is drunk.

Without thinking too much, Kris makes out with the girl, thinking that it was Yeeun.

Unknowingly, there’s a paparazzi in the club and he quickly take a shot of Kris making out with random girl. Feeling happy with the picture, he uploads it to the internet.

 

Hah. Why are they playing this song? Yeah I’ve tried everything to forget about him. No matter how hard I’m trying, I still can’t seem to forget him. A lot of you must have wondered why the hell should I ignore his calls if I still like him a lot. The thing is… I don’t even know if he really likes me or he just felt apologetic towards me who threw myself to him and got rejected. It hurts. Really. It pains me. Probably I’m really going through six degrees of separation.

Cannot stand the pain in her heart, Yeeun runs out from the pub and cries in the backalley. When she realises that Yunho’s footstep is near, she pretends to vomit and clears her tears away.

“Are you okay Yeeun?”

“Yeah I’m okay Yunho oppa. Probably I just couldn’t stand too much beers.” She tries to laugh.

“Okay now let’s go back to the pub. Let’s drink more.”

“No. You have vomited!” Yunho scolds her.

“But I still want to drink!”

“No. Let’s go home.”

“I’m not taking you home. You wont know the road here.” Yeeun sticks out her tongue.

“I rent a car already and don’t forget the use of GPS.” Yunho winks.

Yeeun pouts in defeat and they hop in the car.

“Oppa I’m going to check Allkpop and see whether there are rumors about you dating with any female idols.” Yeeun giggles as she starts clicking her smartphone.

“Go ahead and find.” Yunho smiles.

Little did Yeeun know that the news of Kris making out with random girl now is the headline of the website.