The Last Day Spent

That Jerk Who Changed My Life

*Soorim’s POV*

Remember my foster child? Minah? Yes. We’re going to meet her today! Woot~ Both me and Luhan felt bad because we have been too busy with our stuffs and only visited her for a few times. Since we are free today, we decided to go to the beach with Minah.

“Mom. What is your first impression of Daddy?” Minah asks me.

I smiled. “First impression of  Luhan daddy.. Well, you know that Daddy is an idol right?” I squat beside Minah, who is sitting in the wheelchair.

She nods. “Daddy is the most popular in EXO-M!” She giggles.

“No, Daddy isn’t.” Luhan smiles and pats Minah’s hair.

Both me and Luhan know that there isn’t much time left for Minah, so we both decided to stay the night in the orphanage, together with Minah.

“So how is Daddy’s impression of Mommy?”

“Your mommy.. is a fangirl who fainted  when she saw me.” Luhan giggles.

“Mom.. Why did you faint?”

“Yes, why did you faint? I’m curious and have never had the chance to ask you.” Luhan said.

“Emmmm. That’s because… Mommy was a big big fan of your Daddy before. It was like a dream come true when I met Daddy.” I said, shyly.

Luhan giggles hard after he listens to my statement.

“YA! STOP IT.”

Minah smiles at how Luhan giggles at me.

“Yes! I got it Mam, I won’t laugh anymore!” Luhan salutes.

We spent some time in the beach and we’re going back to the orphanage around 5PM.

As we have arrived the orphanage, I immediately walk to the kitchen to find Yangsun eonni, the Head Orphanage.

“Yang Sun eonni, I will make the dinner tonight for the kids today. Can I? Both me and Luhan have bought the ingredients."

“Sure sure. Thank you so much for the help, Soorim-a.” Smiles the middle aged woman to me.

“Yes. Please take a rest, eonni. I'll make everything." 

"Then, I'll be going to my room, okay?"

"Yes, eonni. Rest well."

Okaaay! I'm going to start my mission as I'm cooking for the kids tonight. I'm going to cook bean sprouts, steam the chicken and make dumpling soups.

As I'm preparing for the flour to make dumpling, somebody whispered on my ear, "Do you need any help, Mommy?" And it's Luhan's voice.

I can tell you that I am a bit immune to all skinships or closeness Luhan and I have, since my fragile heart has been killed by Luhan a long long long time ago.

"Ah Daddy. Sure, can you cook the rice for the kids?" I smile.

"Okay." As he puts the rice into the ricecooker, he then leans his  hand to the counters and watch me deeply, "You know I have a thing for girls who cook."

I laugh. "Ah really? Then you must have dated a lot of chefs before."

"No. I have never dated anybody."

"But you said you have a thing for girls who cook."

"Yes, and that has been added to my ideal types as soon as you start to cook just now." 

"Ah so you mean― wait what?" I look at him in confusion.

He then laughs. "Yes, I have a thing for girl who is a make-up guru, who is so cheerful, who is so caring and who is great in cooking."

WAIT. IS HE REFERING TO ME? IS HE ACTUALLY CONFESSING TO ME?

I just laugh awkwardly as I keep on wrapping the dumplings.

"And I like the awkard laughter you just made." He stands even closer to me.

"Luhan oppa, stop it. You're making me blush." I finally manage to speak a word.

He then stands up from his leanings and says, "Ah sorry, I distracted you. Do you need help in making dumplings?"

YES, the normal him has turned back. Finally! "Oh, I can cope it. Thanks for cooking the rice." I smile at him.

"Are you doubting my skills in making dumpling?" He stares at me.

"No, it's not that." And by that he starts helping me by wrapping everything in neat and quickly. You can say that his cooking skill is even better than mine. 

He then uses the flour prepared to make the dumpling and pats me in the cheek. "Stop day dreaming about how cool I am and get back to your work. Don't starve the kids." He smiles angelically and wraps the dumpling as usual.

Oh, Luhan. Can you spare my heart please? I've fallen deep enough.

 

Then we all enjoy the dinner together and both Luhan and me get praisings from the orphanage's staffs and the kids, they enjoyed the meal to the lots and I'm happy that they actually like our cookings. Yangsun eonni even said that we're a couple destined by the heaven. Ah Yangsun eonni, she's way too flattering... And we're not even a couple.

After doing the dishes, I take a shower for awhile. And now I'm drying my hair using the towel and there's a knock on the door.

"It's Luhan here. Can I come in?"

"Come in." I say.

“Daddy? Why are you here? It’s so late already.” Minah says, as she is sitting in the wheelchair.

“Who is going to lift you to your bed if it’s not me? Or am I not allowed to enter here?”

“Oh I didn’t say you’re not allowed to enter here, Daddy, but the rules….”

“I’m going to sleep here tonight with you and Mommy.” Luhan smiles.

“Really, Mommy?! Is Daddy allowed to?”

"Yes." I smile.


“Now let Daddy move you to bed, it’s so late already.” So Luhan lifts Minah from her wheelchair to the bed.

“But Daddy, and Mommy, I don’t want to sleep so early.”

“Why?” I ask her.

“I.. may not wake up after this sleep.” She smiles weakly.

I stand from my seat and hugs her. I want to console her, but words can’t seem to be spoken from my mouth. And I’m currently holding up my tears. I don’t want Minah to see me cry again. She will be sad.

Luhan then walks to bed and hugs both of us, like how a family does.

“Minah, don’t think too much okay? Mommy and Daddy are here for you.”

“Mom and Dad.. I hope when I’m gone, you guys still call each other Mommy and Daddy. And please, don’t be sad because I’m leaving soon.. All my wishes have been fulfilled thanks to Daddy and Mommy. I’m no longer an orphan thanks to you guys. And Mom, please don’t cry because of me anymore. Either it’s now or in the future.” Minah says.

“Y.. Yes Minah, Mommy promise you.” I said as I’m still holding back my tears.

“Daddy, you should promise me that you will take care of Mommy in the future. Ok?”

Luhan nods,  “Yes, I will, Minah. Now let’s don’t talk about these stuffs anymore. Let’s enjoy  tonight. What do you want to do with Mom and Dad?”

Minah smiles. “I just want to sleep in Daddy’s arm while Mom is singing for me till I sleep.”

Luhan smiles back. “Sure.”

So the three of us lay on the bed, with Minah is sleeping between me and Luhan. She smiles as she lays on Luhan’s arm.

I don’t know what to sing, so I sing to Taeyeon’s I Love You.

 

*Luhan’s POV*

I never knew that Soorim is so great in singing. She sings it not only with her voice, but with her heart too. I would really like to listen to her singing more.

 

***

I woke up from my sleep suddenly. I look at the clock. It’s 4.30AM.

 And I realised that Soorim is not in the bed anymore.

I look at Minah in a glance. She is sleeping for forever with a smile in her face.  I touch her face and snuggle her for the last time.

I knew that it would happen sooner or later.  I guess I know why Soorim is not in her bed.

I go out and search for Soorim around the orphanage. She is actually sitting there in the bench, crying. Without saying anything I sit beside her.

She looks at me with her red eyes, and continue to cry even harder. I just hug her, without saying anything.

She immediately hugs me back and cries in my shoulder.

“Luhan..  I’m so wea.. weak. I.. Can’t even han.. handle my tears we.. well. I.. I bro.. broke my promises to Minah.”

I snuggle her and hug her even tighter.

“It’s okay for you to cry now, but remember, don’t cry again tomorrow or Minah will be sad. It will come sooner or later, Mommy.” I kissed her forehead.

“Daddy.. Thank you..” She said while hugging me.

“Silly. Why should you say thank you? I should fulfill Minah’s request to take care of you. Now cry everything out, and don’t cry again tomorrow.”

“Soorim-a.”

“Yes?”

“Promise me not to cry again after today because it breaks my heart.”