Everything Unexpected

That Jerk Who Changed My Life

*Author’s POV*

Yeeun immediately sit in the coach and start eating the candies placed for the guests.

“Hey Yeeun! How are you in States? Appa has been missing you, you know.” Mr. Sooman says as he takes a sit beside Yeeun.

“Yeah  Appa, I miss you too. Everything’s great. My grades are good too!” Yeeun smiles as she keeps on opening the snacks available.

"Your bestfriend is a make-up guru, isn't she?" Mr. Sooman suddenly asks about Soorim.

"Yeah, and she has quite a lot of fans actually."

"Tell her to work as our stylist."

Yeeun looks at her Dad straight in the face. "Dad, are you serious? She may be a fan of your company, but she is majoring in accountancy. I don't even know whether she'll accept the job or not. And Dad, don't drag everybody into the K-pop world, it's not like everybody wants to be inside the K-pop world."

"I know, Yeeun. But there's no problem in asking her though?" Mr. Sooman asks back.

"Oh okay, whatever." Yeeun says and she looks straight at the television.

“Is there any mango pudding?” Yeeun asks her Dad suddenly.

Oh Yeeun, you and your favourite food. I don’t have it. But there’s a cake shop nearby and the mango pudding is good.”

“Really?” Yeeun’s eyes glitter of happiness.

“Yes. You should go check it―*beeps beeps* Oh sorry Yeeun, I’m picking up a call for awhile, wait for Appa, okay?”

“Sure thingy.” Yeeun gives her Dad a thumb as she keeps examining the foods in front of her. After tasting some and get bored, she stands up from her seat and walk around her Dad’s elite office. Everything is decorated neatly and modernly. A pair of  comfortable sofa which she just seated while ago,  plasma TV, a Mac computer, and the other decorations such as paintings and a bonsai tree. But there’s a thing that catch her eye; the old and classic bookshelf in the corner which contains a lot of philosophy books. Yeeun smiles as she scans the bookshelf closer, it’s the same bookshelf Yeeun used to examine when she was a child. Amazingly, the old and classic bookshelf can blend in with the other modernly designed furnitures.

Yeeun smiles again as she looks at the huge SMtown family photo put in the middle of the room. Mr. Soo Man stands in the middle and the idols from SME smiles happily around him. "The photo probably was taken when SMTown finishes the world tour." Yeeun says in her heart.

 

"What? Li-Nah got into an accident and she has serious injuries? Ok I'll go visit her later."

"But what about EXO-M's schedule? She's the one who handle EXO-M!"

"Oh God. Aren't there any managers left?"

"Everybody is busy handling their own artists? Mr. Sooman sighs. “Wait, let me think let me think."

Mr. Soo Man suddenly smiles and say, "There's a way. Don't need to worry." And he hangs up the phone.
“Yeeun… Are you a good daughter?” Mr. Sooman looks at Yeeun with some hopes sparkling in his eyes.

Yeeun has smelled something amiss and raises one of her eyebrows. “Appa you want me to do something aren’t you?”

“Uri Yeeun knows me the best.” Mr. Sooman nods. “It’s actually like this, Yeeun.” He takes a deep breath.

“You did hear me talking on the line right, Yeeun?” Mr. Sooman asks.

“Yes.”

“You knew that the manager got into accident and she can’t handle one of the idols right?”

“Umm yes. But I don’t know what favour you’re asking me. I’m a dentist, not a surgeon.”

“It’s not like that. I want you to be EXO’s manager.”

*Yeeun's POV*

Oh God........ Please tell me I have hearing disorder.― Uhhm no, I don't want to have hearing disorder. In that case, I'm praying hard that I am dreaming. I slap myself in the cheek gently and realises I am still here, standing in front of my foster Dad, being requested to be one of his managers.

"Appa! I'm here to have holidays, not working! Besides, I don't know who is EXO-M, will they listen to me? And.. It will be so awkward." I complained immediately as I gain my clarity after staying in confusion.

"Your mom said to me that you have a half year break, which means you can spend more time here in Korea. Okay now, You planned to have 2 months holiday in Korea, what about another 2 months here? If money is the problem, tell Appa. You can buy anything in Korea using my credit card for 2 months IF you work for EXO-M. And if the boys dare to not obey you, tell me immediately. It's easy dealing with them."

"Appa! It's not about the money issues.. It's about...."

"Then about what? You are just lazy to help me aren't you? Yeeun-a, can't you see I'm so stressed in handling the company? I just need you to help me being their manager." Mr. Sooman ruffles his hair, looking stressed with his business.

"Do you want me to end up in the hospital due to extreme tiredness?"

"No. Of course no."

"So it means you agree?"

I stand in silence. Should I or should I not? More holidays or go back home to LA earlier? It will be a big NO NO handling some boys in young age who just had their puberty. What if one of the idols are actually a ert? And what if their fans drug on me? My body is not big enough to protect them from sasaeng fans. Ewwww.... 

But I have to be a filial daughter for Dad. There's nothing wrong on working for the idols. And my job is to only be their manager, not their bodyguard. Besides I'll have new experiences and a whole 2 months of free shopping! Yeaaaay~ But I am sincere to help Dad. My first motive is not shopping okay.

"Okay. Fine."

As smile crept up in Dad's lips. "That's my girl. And remember to ask Soorim to be our stylist too, okay?"

Yeeun puts her hand in her waist. "But still Appa, I'm wondering. I think you have a motive behind this. You could just hire a manager from outside, why the hell should it be me? Besides the salary you pay for the manager is much lower than my shopping expenses here in Korea for 2 months! Beside I'll only work as their manager for 1 day, why should you give me your credit card?

"You're clever aren't you? Just do it. You don't need to know my motive. And it's not a day. Since Minah's injury is bad, you'll have to work as their manager for A MONTH."

"APPA!!!!! But but but but.. EXO-M is a chinese boyband, they're just staying in Korea for a while right? How come it'll be a month?"

"Well, if EXO-M goes back to China, you can be EXO-K's manager."

"Who the hell is EXO-K again? .............. Urgh forget it. I have agreed to you. So what I ask doesn't really matter anymore."

"Don't be like that, Yeeun. I'm sure you'll like the boys." Mr. Sooman pats Yeeun's back.


*Soorim's POV*

Wah. Everything here in SME is so cool. Look at those trainees. They are so beautiful and handsome. They dance so well, sing so well. Their determination in being an idol is so amazing.

Oh cool, look at that coordi noona! She's putting make-up on f(x)! Oh my God! f(x) is so pretty in person!

I was about to barge in f(x)'s make-up room, but I remembered Yeeun's words not to make a scene here. I should just look at them from here, I don't want to be a creeper also. I shrug off.

And the coordi eonni has some skill, isn't she? How I wish I can work as a stylist here............... 

Wait I shouldn't be daydreaming, standing in this place alone is already a miracle I shouldn't ask for something unrealistic.

Hmmmmmm. Anyway where is EXO's dorm? If I can go inside the room, then I can look at their stuff, their clothes and............ STOP! I'm not a saeseng fan, and I respect them. If I sneak in to their dorm, what will Yeeun think of me? And what will Luhan think of me as a fan?
Luhan oppa where are you? Why didn't I meet you here............................

Wait. Do I sound like a creeper? Remember Soorim, you're a make-up guru. You shouldn't act like a fangirl. Seriously.

As I'm thinking deep, I didn't realise that I actually bump into a guy. He is with his friend. 6 guys. Walking together.
"Choisongham― 

As I look into his face...
"LU.. LU.. LU.. LUHAN OPPA?!"

 

*choisonghamnida : sorry