Another Path

That Jerk Who Changed My Life

[AN : Yo guys. First of all, Eunhye is the Mrs. President's daughter. And although she is a big fan of Kpop, and have perfect manner skills in front of elders, she is actually very fun and mischievous. So... I picture her as Goo Hara in City Hunter! Kkk. If you dislike Hara to be Eunhye, then it's all up to your imagination~]

 

 

Eunhye is about to enter her bedroom until she saw a silhouette coming closer at the wall, and realizing that the silhouette is owned by no other than Mr. Kwon Jang Hyuk, The Korean ‘Perez Hilton’. To be honest, Eunhye likes his blog to the lots since he is the one who writes perfectly breaking and shocking news about idols dating, idols taking drugs, and even idols having suicide. But this time, she just have to let Mr. Kwon having his chance to write breaking news to slip away, she has to protect both Yeeun and Kris who is still half drunk and enjoying themselves while embracing each other. Eunhye couldn’t even imagine the rage Mr. Sooman will release when he sees a picture of Kris and Yeeun getting drunk in The Blue House.

*Eunhye’s POV*

Okay now why the hell is that wine being placed in this floor? Kris oppa wouldn’t possibly bring that wine from the first floor until here? That’s stupid. Mr. Kwon is approaching soon and I have to act fast.

I quickly signal both of my bodyguards (who have been guarding me all day in front of my room since I insisted on having my bedroom in the highest floor of The Blue House since Mom afraid some terrorist or traitor or assassin or some alien maybe to come and kill me) to quickly drag both Yeeun and Kris to my room before Mr. Kwon can come in sooner or later.

I can see the confusion and how both of this perfect couple try to fight off my bodyguards who suddenly drag them to my room, but since they’re drunk, they don’t have much energy left to budge. OH GOD, can I express my love once again for this couple? All KrisEun sipper let me be the captain of the ship! MUAHAHAHA. They’re just soooo perfect! Ok, focus Eunhye.

Without thinking much, I fill in 2 cups of glass with mineral water through my dispenser and immediately splash both Kris and Yeeun in the faces which make them perfectly sober.

“Why am I being splashed by water? Eunhye? Oh my why am I here? Kris? You’re here too?” Yeeun shakes her head in confusion and tries to think carefully.

“Ugh, I feel dizzy. And you do look like a mess, Yeeun.” Kris says.

“Okay first of all before both of you can speak again, you guys are not allowed to speak or ask any further questions before I finish my explanation. First of all, I think I should drop all the courtesy and call you guys Kris and Yeeun instead since both of you have lived in the Western Areas. Okay back to the topic. Basically, you guys are D-R-U-N-K. And you guys were in the balcony just 1 minute ago. But apparently Mr. Kwon Jang Hyuk, that paparazzi that will dig for your infos non-stop is outside of this room RIGHT NOW. Since you guys are being such a lovey dovey all the way in the balcony, Mr. Kwon is gonna put the news in the blog and BOOM! You know what’s next, especially when you guys smelled like alcohol sooo freakin much and it stinks. Oops, no offence. And I was wondering how the hell that half bottle of wine can get you guys drunk until this much seriously. As a big fan of you guys, and I’m not as small-minded as the others for not allowing their idols to be drunk once in a lifetime, I’m currently protecting you to be featured in the newspaper headline, written as “SM’s newly debut girl whose SM’s foster daughter herself is dating EXO’s Kris” or “Kris of EXO is soon going to be SM’s son in law?” or etc. You can thank me later. And now the questions session are opened.” I say, explaining in details to Yeeun and Kris.

And now they gasp and couldn’t believe what they just heard.

“These all are quite confusing. Well.. Thank you, Eunhye. You have helped me a lot. I don’t even know how to thank you.” Yeeun says.

“Easy, just go and date Kris, get married, and let me be your babies’ foster mom. But before that, you should go debut first.” I laugh.

Seeing the horror in both Yeeun and Kris’ faces, I immediately add up, “Just kidding.”

“The thing is, I believe we both could handle alcohol quite well, we may have drunk quite much but, it wouldn’t let me be drunk that fast. It’s weird.” Kris says.

“Something’s definitely fishy. Now Yeeun or Kris, you guys can use my bathroom and take a bath. Your clothes will be taken to speedy laundry and it will be clean in minutes. I guarantee you Mr. Kwon isn’t going to leave any soon since he’s dying to write up breaking news in his blog again.”

“Then I’ll have my bath here, thank you so much Eunhye.” Yeeun smiles to me.

“You’re always welcome.” I smile back.

As Yeeun is having her bath, Kris still waits in my bedroom and scans my bedroom.

“That’s a quite huge room here.” He speaks up.

“Well, a compliment from my bias. Thanks.”

“And may I wonder how old are you?” He asks me.

“16, 17 in Korean age.”

“Young.” He smiles. “And you have ever lived in the western areas?”

“Yes. Been in The States since I was in primary and I just got back here when Mom get elected.” I say.

“And this will be a quite awkward question, but what fanfics do you read about me an Yeeun?” Kris raises one of his eyebrows.

“A lot.”

“Including rated fanfics?”

I laugh out loud upon Kris’ statement. “Yes. Of course. That’s the price of being an idol. And FYI I’m old enough to read those kinds of rated fanfics. But don’t worry, I prefer romcom more than s.” I laugh.

I can see the awkwardness in his face and the awkwardness in Yeeun’s face when she steps out from my bathroom, already dressed in her newly cleaned dress.

“s? For God’s sake s?!” Yeeun shouts in horror.

“Umm yep. Mostly it’s Kris who’s dominating it though… But there are some fics in which Yeeun dominated all the way.” I say bluntly.

Yeeun just shakes her head, and currently rubbing her temples due to the confusion, or being embarrassed.

I laugh. “Well, you are quite famous you know, Yeeun. Every managers in SM are known by the real fans of the SM idols, and you are exceptional. You’re pretty, and you’re the daughter of SM, best friend of Soorim, the famous make-up guru, you’re especially close with Kris from all EXO members, and what’s more you’re clever. For God’s sake, you’re majoring in dentistry.”

 “Kris, your members have been looking for you and Yeeun. Not forgetting Mr. Sooman, you should quickly take a bath and go back to the company.”

“Yup, thank you Eunhye.”

 

Few days later, Seoul University National Hospital

 

*Knock knock*

“Come in.” Yeeun says.

She is typing in front of her Mac until she sees a familiar figure in front of her.

“Yunho oppa? Are you having any tooth ache? Or are you going to have whitening procedure?”

“Ummm, how to say. No actually, but just make it whitening procedure then.” Yunho says.

“What? If you didn’t want to do teeth whitening then why do you come?” Yeeun asks Yunho.

“You know what, Yeeun? You’re so freakin busy and you won’t even have time for me anymore. Considering that you’re such a great dentist now and you just had your debut. You’re idol slash dentist now. That’s just amazing. And yes, just like that I'm forgotten.”

Yeeun sighs. “Oppa, you shouldn’t be spending money right this. We can still hang out after I finish today’s schedule. And I won't forget you just like that.”

“Okay then. You said it by yourself, and I will have a dinner tonight with you. But.... no, I’m still gonna do whitening procedure in order to spend more time with you.” Yunho says.

Yeeun rubs her temple and quickly instructs Yunho. “Open up your mouth.” 

So Yunho opens up his mouth and let Yeeun examine his mouth after he went to the recliner prepared for the patients.

“Yunho oppa, your teeth are perfectly fine and it’s still white. It’s not good to get your teeth bleached out frequently. Really.”

“But what should I do? I have to do this in order to stick with you. You know there are still tons of your patients waiting outside. Okay, how about you let me pay the whitening procedure, but I didn't have to do the whitening procedure and instead, you let me stay and talk to you for an hour, since whitening procedure usually takes 1 hour.” Yunho insists.

Yeeun facepalms. “No, oppa. I’m not gonna let you waste this money. Can you please just wait until 5PM? I promise you I will have dinner with you.” Yeeun says.

"Whaaaat? No."

Yeeun sighs. "Pleaseeeeeeee?" Yeeun tries to beg Yunho by starring at him with her puppy eyes.

“Okay fine fine. I’ll pick you up at 5PM later on.” Yunho finally agrees.

“No, Oppa. I can drive already.” Yeeun giggles.

“Oh, I forgot. Okay, let’s meet up at the next block’s Italian Restaurant shall we?”

“Noted.” Yeeun flashes her smile to Yunho as Yunho is about to leave the clinic room and let the other patients of Yeeun to get examined.

But before he stood up from the recliner, Yeeun’s assistant come in with a bouquet of flower. “Sorry to interrupt, but Yeeun, you got another bouquet of flower. I’ll leave it on your table, okay?”

“Oh, okay. Thanks Eunji.” Yeeun says.

“What? You got a fan gift already? FYI that bouquet of flower isn’t cheap! ” Yunho laughs.

“Umm, who knows? Let me check out the sender. There’s a card inside the bouquet of flowers.”

Dear Yeeun,

I didn’t know you have such talent in performing on stage. I start to admire you even more. Please accept the gift from me and remember to rest well since you are going to work as dentist-slash-idol. Have a nice day.

With love,

Anonymous.

“Sasaeng fan of yours?” Yunho asks.

“No. He’s my secret admirer.”

“Secret admirer?”

“Yup. He’s been sending me gifts since I was in The States. He sent me lots of stuff, like flowers, mango puddings, primroses. I didn’t even tell anybody I like primroses! He actually knew and gave me stuffs I needed before I even buy it for my own.” Yeeun sighs.

“Creepier than sasaeng then……” Yunho laughs.

“Not really, it’s quite sweet you know. And I don’t know why but  I do have a bonding with this secret admirer, you know? Like he is somehow near me.”

“No, Yeeun. You rejected me and Kris and you choose some random guy? What if he is some freakkn erted uncle?”

“Chill Yunho Oppa! No, I don’t like the guy, in fact I felt so guilty accepting all these gifts. But what to do? I know one for sure that I’m eager to meet him up soon.”

“Well is it Kris who’s been sending you stuff?” Yunho raises one if his eyebrows again.

“Nope. I’ve asked him and almost everybody in SM. And, nope. It's not him.”

“Okay. But you gotta be careful though. He may be some erted guy out there. Okay then! I’ll be meeting you at 5PM. Goodluck in treating your patients!” Yunho gives Yeeun a hug before he left the clinic room.

 

5PM

 

Yeeun packs her bag and is about to leave her clinic room until Nichkhun shows up.

“Yeeun, care for a dinner with me? You still haven’t fulfilled your promise to go out with me.” Nichkhun says.

“Oh my God. I forgot!” Yeeun sighs.

“I’m so sorry, I can’t Khun. I have to go with Yunho oppa. I promise you I’ll have dinner with you tomorrow.”

Nichkhun sighs. “You’re sooooo busy even before debuting in the Kpop industry. Now that you have debuted in Kpop industry, you will be so much more busier.”

“What to do Khun? I’m just doing a favor for my Dad.” Yeeun shrugs.

“Okay dinner tomorrow or if you have sudden call to film something or interview or some other idol thingy, it will be the next day again. And you’re booked already by Mr. Horvejkul! Got it?”

“Yes Sir!”

 

6PM, Italian Restaurant

Yeeun walks in the restaurant and tries to find Yunho in the crowded restaurant.

A man who uses a black sunglasses and scarf wrapped around her neck waves his hand towards Yeeun’s direction. Yeeun knows that it’s Yunho after seeing his smile.

Yunho gets up from his seat and pulls out Yeeun’s chair to let her sit.

“Thank you.” Yeeun smiles.

“You’re welcome. A Spaghetti alla puttanesca right? I’ve ordered it for you. ” Yunho says.

“You still remember my favourite food.” Yeeun smiles.

“And why should I forget?” Yunho asks back.

“I… don’t know. It is such a tiny bit information of me and you keep this in your mind after all these years.” Yeeun laughs.

“Well, I guess everything about you is just unforgettable.” Yeeun just smiles upon hearing Yunho’s statement.

“And Yeeun…… These are for you.” Yunho hands two shopping bags from Alexander Wang to Yeeun.

“But why? It’s not my birthday.” Yeeun says while receiving the gifts from Yunho.”

“I just realised that it has been a long time since I’ve given you gifts. So, I bought it for you.”

Yeeun opens up the shopping bags and takes a look inside the branded shopping bags. Yunho gives her a pair of high heels and a handbag for Yeeun.

The bag : http://www.alexandermcqueen.com/us/alexandermcqueen/top-handle_cod45203439gd.html

The shoes : http://www.alexandermcqueen.com/us/alexandermcqueen/high-heels_cod44551624tu.html

Yeeun sighs. “Oppa. These cost a lot.”

“If they don’t cost a lot, I won’t possibly give them to you.” Yunho smiles.

“Really, you don’t need to spend so much―” Before Yeeun could finish her words to Yunho, her phone is ringing.


“It’s Appa.” Yeeun says to Yunho before picking it up.

“Annyeong Appa!”

“Yeeun-a, where are you?” Mr. Sooman asks on the line.

“Oh I’m having dinner with Yunho oppa.”

“Oh, meet me up at my house after you finished the dinner with him.”

“It’s so weird of you to ask me to meet you up at your home? Can’t you say it on the phone?” Yeeun asks.

“Umm, it’s important, Yeeun. Just come to my house later on, okay? I’ll be waiting.”

“Huh? Okay fine fine. I’ll come.”

“Okay. Have a pleasant dinner.”

“You too Dad.” And Yeeun hangs up her phone.

“What’s up?” Yunho asks.

“Appa asks me to come over to his home after the dinner.” Yeeun replies.

“Oh I see.” Yunho nods.

So both Yeeun and Yunho have a good quality time in the Italian Restaurant. Little did they know, someone disguises as regular customer in the restaurant takes a lot pictures silently of Yeeun and Yunho. When Yunho handed the gifts to Yeeun, he took a picture of it. When Yunho wipes Yeeun’s mouth from the food’s stain, he took the picture. When Yunho gave Yeeun a goodbye hug, he also took the picture. Smiling at his own camera, he is satisfied by his art work.

 

Yeeun rings at the door bell of his foster dad. A few minutes later, Mr. Sooman shows up and open the door up for Yeeun.

“Appa!” Yeeun calls out.

“Yeeun-a. You’ve come. Come and take a sit.” He smiles.

Yeeun takes a seat in the cozy sofa placed in the middle of the living room. “Appa, is there any reason for you to come here?”

Mr. Sooman just smiles and brew his traditional Chinese tea in the coffee table placed in front of Yeeun. And he starts to ask Yeeun a question, “Tell me, Yeeun. Do you like performing?”

“I didn’t know that I will actually like performing.” Yeeun nods as she watches Star King in her foster dad’s television.

“What do you feel while you’re performing?”

“I feel pure satisfaction when the crowd give me cheerings, and I feel like I’m transferring my happiness to the crowd. I feel happy when the crowds are happy.”

Mr. Sooman nods.

“And…. You do know that a lot of people actually liked your performance in The Blue House right? Newsen and the other media have also written news about your performance.”

“Yeah.” Yeeun nods as she keeps on watching Star King.

“I’m pleased to tell you that a really famous SBS talk show invited you to become a guest.”

 

[AN : How's the story going? Please drop your comments below :D I'll try to reply your comments in every AN section from now on xD You know what thrill me the most? Seeing "New Story Comments" pop out everytime I open up AFF. So please comment okaaaay? And thank you readers. Mwah!]