Michael Is Less Gay?

That Jerk Who Changed My Life

[AN : Finally the waiting is over! Here I am with new update! And remember. Make sure to re-read the story from Chapter 1 until Chapter 23. I change the plot A BIT and added some side stories! Well, if you're really really lazy, please at least read Chapter 17 and 18 okay? It's new! And make sure to drop the comments below. Does the waiting really worth it? Does the writing gets better as I edit it? Your comments are such energizers for me. So please comment and subscribe? And I'm sad to say my school is starting :( and probably it'll be hard for me to update often. But don't unsubscribe okay? THANKS!]

Yeeun's POV

I sigh. I knew it sooner or later I will be slowly absorbed into the big black hole which is too scary for me. In case you’re wondering, that black hole I mean is Kpop industry. But unexpectedly, I didn’t start to yell or reject the offers immediately like what I usually did in the past. Probably, it’s because that I have known myself what it feels like being an idol and performing for the crowd and the fact that I enjoyed it. Uhmm, only a bit maybe.

Unexpectedly something inside me keeps pushing my self-conscience to accept the offer. Like some parts of me keep yelling, “Oh stupid Yeeun, you should accept the offer already! An opportunity won’t come twice!” or “You stupid fatass, why are you keep denying on your new passion?!” yet some other parts of me keeps telling me, “For God’s sake Yeeun, you are a dentist! Not those idols who work to entertain people.” Or “Oh damn Yeeun, you should remember those patients need you!” What the hell has happened to me? I didn’t know that one performance can really change my mind set.

“Well Dad, I can’t. I’m a dentist right now, and you do know my contract with the hospital, don’t you?”

Dad calmly sips his self-brewed Chinese tea and he answers me after he enjoys the taste of the Chinese tea, “If that’s what bothering you, you don’t need to worry.”

I fold my hand and replies, “How?”

“You know what, the manager of Seoul National University Hospital is actually my best mate before SM was built. And our idols have always been receiving treatments there whenever they do checkup.”

I couldn’t believe what I just heard. How the hell Appa knows everybody? “So does it mean you are the one who asked them to send me to work in Korea?” I raise one of my eye brow.

He chuckles. “Of course not! Do you think that I will do that just to let you live in Korea? Besides it’s your professors who pick you, not me. Things are…. Somehow meant to be.” My Dad smiles after finishing his words.

What does he mean by stating that things are somehow meant to be? Me living in Korea? Me working as an idol? Ah I don’t care. “But Dad, you should know that I have a title in dentistry. You don’t expect me to leave my job, aren’t you?”

He laughs once again after sipping another mouthful of tea. “Yeeun-a. By asking you to substitute Sulli’s role was the LAST favor from me. This time I’m just telling you the offers I got from SBS. I won’t force you to pick the path.”

He adds, “But you have to know, once you accept the offer, you can’t turn back. More and more offers will be given to you and you will have to appear on TV which make you an idol soon.”

I stay in silence for a while as my brain keeps on processing every words spoken by Dad. “But what about my dentistry life?” I ask in confusion.

He chuckles again and puts his tea in the table. “Now it’s all up to you. But I do have a suggestion though.. Work for the industry while you’re young and after you enter your 30s, you can always work as a dentist until the rest of your life.” Dad pats me in the back and he immediately goes to the kitchen to put the cups in the sink.

I let out my sigh again as I stare at the TV. I’m not watching it, I’m just staring at the screen. My mind goes somewhere else, and you know what I mean. I’m actually considering on taking the offer and work as an idol. How the hell can it be….. I never imagined my life could turn this way.

“Dad, when is the talk show going to be recorded?” I ask Dad by shouting as he is still standing in his sink, cleaning up the cup.

“2 weeks more, Yeeun-a. Remember to think well.” He replies me back from the kitchen.

I ruffle my hair as my brain could burst out sooner or later. I realized that today has been a quite tiring day. Suddenly my phone is ringing when I just let my eyes to look at the TV direction, but with my mind thinking of everything else.

“I wonder who called me in this hour.” I mumble as I search my phone inside my bag.

I stare at the screen. It’s Michael.

“Hey Michael. Ssup?”

“Hi my dear lovely preetah Yeeun!”

“Well, you sound totally thrilled! What? You met with a hunk today?” I laugh.

He sighs on the line. “Uhm no. Well the reason I called you today is…… dadadadadadadadadadadam.”Michael imitating a drumroll for himself.

Yeeun couldn’t help but to chuckle. “What? Tell me quickly.”

“Vogue has sent me to Korea for 1 month to attend some fashion shows here. It means that I can meet you and Soorim! And I’ll have my flight tomorrow!!!”

“WHAAAAAAAAT?!” I jump out from the couch and smiling happily as I received the news from my best friend.

“YEEEES! I GET TO MEET YOU, SOORIM, YOUR LOVE INTERESTS : KRIS, YUNHO AND EVERYBODY ELSE!” Michael said on the line.

“Urgh cut the crap about my love interests. And are you freakin serious, Michael? You actually forgot to mention Changmin Oppa for the first time in your life!”

“Well………. There’s actually something that I need to desperately tell you.”

“What is it?”

“I kinda lost interest to all these boybands and I like girl bands more nowadays.” I can hear him sighing from the line.

“WHAT MICHAEL ARE YOU STRAIGHT ALREADYYYYY?!”

“I.. don’t know okaaay? It’s like I lost interest in boys and I’m not liking girls. What am I Yeeun?! TELL ME YEEUN, WHAT THE HELL AM I?!” Michael sobs dramatically on the line.

I sigh. “Calm down, Michael. It takes time, everything takes time. We will discuss everything when you got in Korea, okay?”

“Yes and you should promise me you will not abandon me when I come to Korea! Idol life, dentist life and everything just leave it and you will let me be your prioritize! Okay????”

“Why the hell are you so fussy, Michael? Yeah yeah whatever. I promise.”

“That’s a deal okay. Now I gotta go, as I need to work! Bye!”

“Bye…”

I need to slap myself right in the face. How are there so many changes happening in such short notice? Me, Lee Yeeun actually got interested in idol life which she detested since the beginning. I have been rejecting the offer from Dad right from the start, and now here I am CONSIDERING the offer! Like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? And Michael. For the first time in his life, he didn’t say “Mwaaah” in his phone calls. It’s like his signature word from him. And now……. He didn’t do it to me. How the hell can he be suddenly straight? Oh God…….. Everything is so confusing.

Ugh. Everything is so confusing. My brain has been intensely working since this morning. Handling those patients, having dinner with Yunho (well, although it is such a relaxing moment for me and it doesn’t forvce my brain to flinch a little bit), receiving the dinner from Appa, Michael coming tomorrow and the fact that he lost interest to guys. Oh man…….. Now I really deserve a good night sleep. A long long beauty sleep.

 

Yeeun’s apartment, 11 PM KST

As I walk into my apartment, suddenly the rain outside starts to pour so hard. I’m actually quite glad that it rains when I have got home, or else I will have a hard time driving in that rain. I look out at the window, and realize that it is going to rain all night. Suddenly the lightning strike and Soorim hugs me from behind and shouts.

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” She shouts.

“You and your lightning phobia. When will it gone?” I shrug off.

Soorim’s ultimate fear is the lightning. Never once in my life I heard from that she enjoyed the rainy days. While everybody considers rain as romantic, she can only cuss and freak out when it rains, especially when the rain gets harder.

“Yah! As my best friend you should be calming me down, not mocking me like that.” She pouts.

I furrow my eyebrows. “No. I’m not your Luhan gege.”

She sighs. “Yeeun, the rain won’t stop anytime soon― KYAAAAAAAAAAAA!” Before she could finish her sentence, the lightning strikes again.

“A..And you have to accompany me and we should sleep together okaaaaay?”

I look at her unwillingly, but what to do, since I am a good best friend, I nod to her request.

She jumps out happily and hug me. Tsk. This girl.

 

After I finish my bath and applying some moisturizers on my face, I peek at the window and check if the rain. The rain pours even harder and lightning strikes more fiercely this time. Soorim has already has herself tucked inside the blanket of mine and she keeps looking at her phone, obviously waiting for Luhan to reply her text.

“Okay, Yang Soorim. Why should you ask me to accompany you while you got Lulu?”

“He’s not here with me now! And you have to stay with me.”

I nod a few times, and say, “Yeah yeah I know that. Since when did I leave you when the lightning strikes?”

She giggles. “Never.”

“That’s it. You should thank your bestfriend. And have you heard about Michael’s arrival tomorrow in Korea?”

She immediately jumps out from her bed and rubs her temple, “Oh God, I was planning to be hyped up with you upon the news! But as the lightning strikes, I totally forgot about the news! Yes of course I know, and thrilled! So thrilled to meet him!”

“What time is his flight?” I ask Soorim.

“Umm, I think in 11.”

“Okay, I think I can pick him up.” Suddenly my phone beeps, signalling me there is a message came in.

From : Nichkhun

Yo Yeeun, are you free tomorrow morning? You do remember our promises right? I’d like to go to the elderly nursing home. Care to join me?

To : Nichkhun

Yo Khun. I was about to pick up Michael from the airport but how? I have to go with you since I made a promise with you, so.. it’s a yes :)

From : Nichkhun

Well, you sounded not so sincere. But whatever, as long as you’re going out with me. So I’ll pick you up tomorrow at 10. Ah, and for Michael, I can ask my chauffeur to fetch him.

To : Nichkhun

Ah, no need. I can ask the SM’s staff to pick him up. See you tomorrow.

I sigh. I have no choice but to call Michael and tell him that I can’t fetch him tomorrow, but Soorim will fetch him with SM staff tomorrow.

“Hey Michael.”

“Woah why do you call that fast?”

“Umm, the thing is…… I’m so so so sorry that I couldn’t fetch you up tomorrow, but Soorim will fetch you up with SM’s staff. It’s better than riding my car right?”

“YOU, LEE YEEUN. Why can’t you fetch me up tomorrow?”

“I…. I have an appointment with Nichkhun.”

“Oh whatever, I’m so going to deal with you when I come to Korea.”

“Sorry….”

“It’s okay. Now go to bed. Byeeee.”

“Bye Michael! Mwah!”

And he turns off his phone. Wait. Something is really really wrong.

“SOORIM!” I call out to her and she immediately wakes up.

“What?”

“I think Michael is less gay right now.” I look at Soorim with a dreadful look.