Kris' ex.

That Jerk Who Changed My Life

 

[A/N : Hi guys! This chapter is about Kris' ex. Since Kris and her are both Chinese, I decided to put a bit of Mandarin in it and putting Jay Chou's song as the back ground song. kkkk! I personally like this chapter. I wonder who will Kris choose. The ex or Yeeun? kkk! Please give me feedback on it :3 Ppyong~ And just pretend that she's Xuepei okay!

  

the fact that idk who she is too >< she's an ulzzang if I'm not mistaken.]

 

Wufan is standing in front of a well-built house. With a heavy heart, he presses at the doorbell.

A middle-aged woman opens the door and seems quite shock to see Kris.

“*Ayi, *ni hao. It’s been awhile since we’ve met.”

The middle aged woman seems to be a bit furious to see Kris’ presence. “What do you want here?”

“I want to meet Xuepei.”

The middle aged woman lets out a fake laugh. “But you are late . Last month when Xuepei needed you the most why didn’t you come?”

“I… I don’t know that she had surgery. Can you please let me in?”

“You should just go home.” The auntie is about to close the fence but Kris halts her by putting in his leg to the house so that she couldn’t close the door.

“A-yi. Please give me a chance.”

The auntie sighs and finally lets him in. “Go in.”

“Thank you very much.”

 

“XuePei.. Wufan is in our house right now.” The middle aged woman walks into Xuepei’s bedroom.

“Wufan? He… came? I don’t want to meet him, Mom.” The girl answered.

“I know deep in your heart you want to meet him. He also wants to meet you so bad.”

The girl just stays in silence and finally nods slowly, signaling that she permitted Wufan’d presence.

 

*Wufan’s POV*

I walk slowly to her room and see her back. She doesn’t have that long silky hair anymore, and she uses a scarf to wrap her bald hair.

“Xuepei…” I called her.

She doesn’t respond and keep facing her back from me. I walk to her side slowly as she looks at me. Her stare, her expression.. Makes me remember how I fell for her for the first time. She was that kind girl everybody liked at school. She is still pretty, even though she has lost her hair. It sadden me to see the girl who changed my life for good is now weak.

“I’m very sorry. I came late and couldn’t be with you when you were having the surgery. And I’m very grateful that you’re willing to meet me now. How are you feeling now?”

“I’m good. Thank you.” She smiles weakly.

“Would you mind if I take you for a stroll.”

“No I won’t.”

 

At the park, 11.45 AM

Walking in the park together with Xuepei gives me a lot of nostalgic moment. We used to walk around here after school when we were still high school students. Everything is still the same. That old wood bench, that old swings. The only difference is Xuepei is now sitting in a wheelchair. She’s not walking by my side anymore.

*Flashback*

I have never been a good student during my junior high until my high school days. I never cared about lessons. I only care about basketball. I was the captain of my school. The girls at my high school used to idolize over me, except for Xuepei. Xuepei is a hundred and eighty degrees different with me. She is smart, quite a nerd, but she is pretty and socialize with everybody well. I fall for her beauty and her ignorance towards me spark my interest.

Feeling unsettled, One day, I confronted Xuepei who was studying in library. I sat next to her which made all the girls in the library went crazy since I have never cared over girls who idolize over me. Xuepei who was busy studying only glanced at me and continued her studies. She was studying Physics, I still remember.

“Chen Xue Pei. Don’t you even have a slight interest in me? I do have an interest on you. ” I bravely asked.

She giggled. “Wu Yi Fan, not every girls in this world would go crazy over you.”

“But I’m the basketball superstar in this school. Not only this school, but our whole town.”

“I know. But I just don’t have the interest over a guy who couldn’t even finish an easy Physics question.”

“WHAT?!” I shouted in disbelief.

“Please mind your behavior. We are in a library. Don’t you know library is a silent place? Oh. I forgot you only hang around basketball field every day.”

“Who said I only hang around basketball field? I can also do the questions you are doing in that book!”

She giggles. “Try doing it then. If you can do it, I’ll  be your girlfriend.”

“Just one question?”

She nods.

I enthusiastically took the book from her and examined the questions. For a student like me who have never listened to the teachers’ explanation, especially during Physics class, couldn’t possibly finish those questions. Those questions were for Physics Olympians. I forgot to tell you that she won a gold medal among all high school in our province.

“I.. I cant do it.” Feeling frustrated I hand her back the book.

She smiles in amusement. “Wufan, actually you’re not bad, the thing is that you are not studious, and I don’t like boys who didn’t try their best. I know you always did your best in basketball match, but not in Subjects.” She closed her thick book and stood up from the seat.

“Wait. What can I do so that you can accept me as your boyfriend?”

She stopped walking and turned her back, facing me now. She walked closer to me and whisper. “I want you to score higher points than me in every subjects in our 1st grade final exam which is going to be held the next 2 months.” She smiled and walked away.

Starting from that afternoon, I went to library almost every day to study all subjects. I hated Mathematics the most. But I patiently studied all the subjects over and over and I even went to my teachers’ house to study with them.

The school was shocked to see my huge difference. My scores were getting better and better every day. Being a studious me, I didn’t leave basketball. I practiced at Saturday and Sunday only now. I still won the Basketball matches. So the teachers at school are very proud of me.  But those achievements weren’t easily reached. I studied until 12AM and slept for only 5 hours every day.

I shouldn’t be satisfied with my results now. My main goal is to defeat Xuepei. She’s our school champion. By only having 2 months time to keep up from her is hard. Really hard. But I did my best to study before the exam.

And.. I got the second ranking below Xuepei at the end of semester. I still lost from her. Feeling frustrated, I had to let her go.

The night after the ranking announcement, she called me to meet her on park at night. (Yes, the park me and Xuepei are at now)

“Do you ask me to come to humiliate me?” I asked her.

She laughed. “Of course not.”

“I’m willing to be your girlfriend.”

I got a shock. “But I failed?”

“For a guy like you to get the 2nd ranking at our school, isn’t it enough already? You are now excel in both studies and sports. Actually I will also have accept to be your girlfriend even if you didn’t get the 2nd ranking. What matters for me is you tried your best. And now you have shown me your determination. So.. I hope we get well in this relationship.” She smiles to me.

From that day onwards, we walked to school and walked home from school together. We will always buy ice creams and eat it at the park. Or we would study there. We were the favorite couple at school. She was the one who taught me what ‘determination’ means.

We dated until both of us graduated from high school, until I was about to move to Korea as trainee. She decided to not contact me anymore when I reached Korea. Feeling heartbroken, I thought she didn’t want to be with me anymore. I thought she has found someone who is better than me at our hometown.

*end of flashback*

 

We stop by the old bench.

“The bench has a lot of memories.” I said as I touch the surface of the wooden chair.

“I didn’t know you still remember about our memories.” Xuepei said as she stares blankly towards her surroundings.

I sigh.  “Can I be honest with you? I want to clear all of our misunderstandings.”

She nods.

“At first I thought you gave up on me when you decided to stop contacting me after I became a SM trainee. Why didn’t you tell me about you having brain tumor? I would have stopped being a trainee long ago and went back to hometown if I knew you stop contacting me just to hide the illness from me.”

“Being an idol is your dream. I knew you would do that. So I decided to hide it from you.”

“And I’m really sorry I just came now. I didn’t know you were having surgery to remove the tumor last month. I thought you.. just wanted to meet me just because you knew me being an idol. I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have thought like that.”

“It’s okay. If I were you, I will also think like that.”

“So now your explanation has finished. Are you going back to Korea already?”

*ayi : Auntie

*ni hao : How do you do?