Flashbacks

That Jerk Who Changed My Life

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Yunho’s POV*

So here we are sitting in a bench located near Han River. Yeeun has been staring blankly towards the river for around 15 minutes. I can see from her eyes that she is too tired for all these dramas. That jerk Kris. I won’t let him go if I meet him. How dare he left Yeeun like this. But no matter what, I can’t interfere their problems. I guess all I can do is to console her.

This poor girl… I wonder if she has ever been hurt like this during the times I wasn’t with her. I guess her heart is too innocent and she hasn’t fallen in love so deeply before. You can see it right from her eyes that she is extremely sad. Her words can’t seem to express her feelings inside her. What scares me even more is the fact that she doesn’t cry. She just stares at everything blankly.

*Yeeun’s POV*

What is Kris doing? Having candle light dinner with his ex? No, it isn’t his ex. It’s his GIRLFRIEND. Where in China is he now? Has he eaten? Does he rest well? I am just the retardest of the all retards in this world. Why the hell should I think about him right now?

Suddenly the memories between me and him just flow in.

-Flashback-

 

"I'm truly sorry for barging the room, and I'm truly sorry for being mad at you." Yeeun bows to Kris.

Kris smirks."No. You are not forgiven."

"What does this tall guy want? I just couldn't tolerate this kind of people." Yeeun said in her mind.

"Please. Stop acting like you are the coolest guy in the earth. I have apologized and you won't forgive me? Fine. Who needed your forgiveness anyway? I can leave peacefully without your forgiveness anyway since I won't be meeting you often." Yeeun beams out her anger.

The charismatic Kris just leans on his back in the wall, noded hearing Yeeun's words.

"Oh, he is the cool-headed guy, huh? Nice choice for not replying for my 'rageness' to maintain that cool image of yours. I bet that guy knows that he won't win over me in debating so he decided to keep silent. HAH!" Yeeun thinks again than she adds,"What do you mean by nodding? Can't you say any words to defy me?" Yeeun adds and smirks.

Upon seeing Yeeun's smirk, unexpectedly, Kris smirks back and walk to Yeeun's direction. He leans closer to Yeeun until Yeeun's back touches the wall.

"Y.. Ya. What are you doing?" The loud and fierce Yeeun loses all her energy being so close to this well-built guy.

"What? Do you lose all of your fierceness now?"

"S..Stop it."

Kris leans even closer, until Yeeun's could feel Kris' warm breath in her ears.

"You got a booger in your left eye."

 

 

Me : I need your help.

Kris 吴凡 : Spit it out.

I take a deep breathe before I type..

Me : I need you to buy me..

Kris 吴凡 : ?

Me : Sanitary pads.

Damn. It has been 5 minutes since he read my last bbm and he didn't reply me! Seriously he is so heartless if he decides to go back to the company on his own. Well if he really does that, I'm not surprised. Look at what he has done to me these days. *Sigh* I'm doomed. I'm forever trapped in the toilet. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Yeeun 예은 譽恩 : I need you to buy me..

Me : ?

Yeeun 예은 譽恩 : Sanitary pads.

 

God. Is she crazy? This isn't a prank right? It is such an embarrassment to buy sanitary pads. I'm a boy!

Should  I just go back to company and leave her here?

Hmm. No. It's too mean. I may be a badass but I'm a gentleman.

Ah! I came up with a good idea.

 

Me : You're not pranking me right?

Yeeun 예은 譽恩 : Why would I? How to make you believe with me then?

Me : Say "Kris oppa is handsome"

Yeeun 예은 譽恩 : Kris oppa is handsome.

Me : No. You speak and record it to me. Then send it to me.

Yeeun 예은 譽恩 : WTF I'm in the toilet! How am I supposed to say like that when other people are outside?!

Me : Then I won't buy it for you.

Yeeun 예은 譽恩 : WAIT! OK OK I'LL DO IT.

 

Yeeun 예은 譽恩 sends you a voice note.

            Save          Listen

I'm going to check whether this shorty lies to me or not.

"Kris oppa is handsome" LOL! SHE DID IT! YEAH! ALthough she whispered it, but it's completely clear. I'm satisfied.

 

Yeeun 예은 譽恩 : YA KRIS! I'VE DID WHAT YOU WANT SO PLEASE BUY ME A PACK OF SANITARY PADS!

Me : Wait. I want you to promise me a thing.

Yeeun 예은 譽恩 : WHAT?

Me : You will do everything I told you to.

Yeeun 예은 譽恩 : What the hell is wrong with you. NO.

Me : Then forget it. I'm riding a taxi back to company. Have a good time in toilet.

Yeeun 예은 譽恩 : NOOOOOOOOOOO T__________T

Me : Yes? :D

Yeeun 예은 譽恩 : FINE. I PROMISE.

Me : You've promised me. If you dare to not obey me. I will show this chat to everybody.

Yeeun 예은 譽恩 : You're effing mean. FINE!

 

 

And we're on MRT right now. You're wondering why we use MRT? Yeah Wufan is insisting on riding this as it reminds himself of his trainee times, and me, I'm a go-green campaigners at my university back then, so yeah I like riding public transportation. Except the thing that the girls keep whispering to each other, obviously saying this giant is hot. Oh Lord bless these girls' brains. 

Well.. Can't deny that he's hot. But his behaviour is such a big NO NO for me.

Since it is the weekend, the MRT is super crowded, so there are no seats available and I have to stand in the midst of the crowded people with their own destinations. Kris stands beside me and we both stay silent during the ride. The MRT needs to pass through a lot of stations before heading to Apgeujong, and ever time it stops at a station and starts to moving again, the MRT will be so shaky that I couldn't be on a balance. One the first station, I'm helped because I'm holding the steel pipe placed in the middle of the MRT.

In the 2nd station, because of the enormous people walking into the MRT, I move to somewhere further in the MRT without anything to hold on to. It can't be helped, the train is too crowded. And when the train starts taking off from the station, I survived the shakiness by holding on some random people's shoulder. The person I touch turn around and look at me in the eyes. He is probably in his 20s, and look quite dashing. He asks me, "Are you okay, Miss?"

"Yes, I'm fine and I'm sorry for touching you." I bow to him.

"No, really it's okay." He bows back and both of smile and stay in silence again.

He then turns around at me again and asks, "May I know your name, miss?"

I am about to answer when Kris, who was standing beside me since the beginning touches my shoulder and suddenly back-hugging me. He adds, "I'm sorry but she's taken."

The guy whom I touch to seem dissapointed and says, "Ah. What a pity."

The train stops at the next station and that guy whom I touched his shoulder immediately excuse himself to me and Kris and hops off the train.

When he got off, I immediately steps on Kris' legs using my killer heels and he shouts in pain. 

I don't know why the hell he should be so mean with that guy. Okay, it's not that I'm interested in him, but there's no harm in being friends with new people right? And why the hell should he go around telling me that I'm his girlfriend? And he freakin back hugged me! No guys back huged me before and how dare he! I swear if we'te not in the MRT, I will already shout my lungs off at Kris. Really, I'm so furious.

A lot of passengers drop off in this station and there's some seats available. I sit next to a haraboji, and apparently the seat next to the haraboji is not occupied and Kris took the seat after me.

He keeps starring at me along the rides while I keep staring at nothing or checking on my cellphones as I AM still mad with Kris.

The haraboji who sits between us look at Kris then he looks at me. Kris realises the haraboji is staring at us and he starts to speak to the old grandpa, "Well Haraboji, my girl friend got mad at me." Kris points at me.

I quickly shot Kris my death glare but he replies me with his signature smirk.  THIS GUY! I'll chop him into 9 pieces and feed him to dog!

The haraboji nods and says, "Youngsters' relationship."

"Yeah. She's easily mad at me, but nevertheless I love her so much." Kris points at me again.

"Should we exchange seat?" The haraboji asks to Kris.

"Oh thank you so much Haraboji." Kris smiles. And now the jerk is exchanging seat with the haraboji and he has been poking my shoulder all the time.

"YAH what do you want?!" I shout as I can't handle him anymore. The whole train looks at me and Kris.

Well I couldn't care anymore because this jerk is beyond annoying. He quickly stands up and bows to people, "I'm sorry. My girlfriend is mad at me." And the crowds begin to ignore us again like usual but some girls are whispering to one another, one of them glare at me, one of them is being jealous, and the other one pouts.

Geez. I'll gladly hand this jerk to you guys. I'm so so so so willing. Oh God.

 

"Sit." Kris points at the bench.

"For what?" Yeeun asks.

"Just sit." Kris drags Yeeun to the bench.

"Ya! Are you crazy?" She looks puzzled.

Without replying anything, Kris squats and begins to take off Yeeun's stilettos.

"Look your heels are hurting. There are bruises everywhere. Try to wear this stiletto for another 1 hour and your leg needs to be amputated. How can you endure the pain?"

Yeeun is shocked to see Wufan, who she always thought as a jerk, actually acts like a gentleman right now. He actually took of Yeeun's stiletto and examines the bruises. 

"Ah. You're not talking because you are touched by my gentleness." Kris smirks.

"N-n no! I'm not touched. I'm just thinking of h-how.. how..."

Kris smirks,"You're obviously touched. Don’t lie.”

“Damn. Why do I have to stutter out of the blue? Aish.” Yeeun thought.

“Anyway why don’t you tell me that your leg has bruised earlier? If I saw the bruises earlier, I will stop shopping immediately.”

Yeeun is speechless, again. She can't tell Kris the reason plus her brain can’t think smoothly since this guy has hypnotized Yeeun’s brain by being a gentleman to her.

"I think I know why you won't tell me that your leg hurts like hell.. Because you don't want me to mock you for failing in wearing stilettos, right” He smirks.

". How does he know?" Yeeun thought.

“Don't worry, since you are hurt today, I won't bully you. You wait here and I'm going to buy hansaplast nearby. Your bruises have to be cured." Kris pats Yeuun's head.

"N-no need I still can walk!"

"It's a must to cure your leg. Wait for me." Kris looks at Yeeun sharply in the eyes.



*Yeeun's POV*

Oh God am I dreaming?

Wufan is actually an angel today.

How did he notice my bruises? And yeah I'm stupid enough to let myself suffer in order not to be humiliated by that jerk.

Emm no. I can't bear to call him a jerk now since he is so caring!

Oh my God.

NO. I still hate him for being a jerk! And there’s no way my heart soften to that guy.

Please, he only buys me a hansaplast and compliments me that I have a nice leg, why the hell should I be touched?

. I just can’t lie that I’m actually very happy that he cares about me! Probably I’m just happy that there is actually a guy who cares about me, not really being happy becayse Kris is the guy who cares about me. Know the difference? This is the fate of a girl who hasn’t date for 2 years already.

 

"Are you blushing?" Kris suddenly stands behind me, resting his head in my head.

“Ya! What a fright! Oh God! And I’m not blushing!”

“How the hell does he buy a hansaplast that quick! And am I really blushing?” I thought.

“But your face tells the otherwise.” He pinches my cheek.

“Stop it!” I yell at him.

He just laughs and squats down. He opens up the hansaplast and quickly stamp it in my bruises even before I can stop him.

Ah this guy. I can put it for myself okay?

 

Some girls passerby squealed as she saw a hot man like Kris is applying medicine to my bruise, in my heels, while squatting.

“This guy is so weet! I’m dying to have one like him!” Hello girl you just haven’t know this jerk’s real self.

“Ah! I wish my boyfriend would do that to me in public!” Is puting a hansaplast in your bruise that romantic?

“They are such a good looking couple! They are made for each other! A heavenly made couple!” First off, I’m not his girlfriend, so we’re not a couple. And your exaggerating.. Seriously. Lol.

Some elders even smile at us, looking at how sweet he is.

Sigh. These people haven't know how he treated me before. Being humiliated, bullied. Applying handsaplast for me obviously isn't enough to payback to me!

"Finished. Now let me carry you. We're heading home."

"C-c carry? No I can walk. I just need to walk slowly."

"Pickone. Either we buy a wheelchair or  let me piggyback you. Or else I will tell everybody about me buying your......."

"Ok! Piggyback me!” I pout as I can’t do anything. Wheelchair costs a bomb and I haven’t even recieved my salary. /sigh/

 

 

Author’s POV*

“Wufan! Let’s ride T-Express!” Yeeun pull Wufan’s hand and run towards T Express.

“You’re really riding that?” Kris asks while they are running towards the ride.

“Yes! Are you afraid to ride it? Yeeun sticks out her tongue.

Kris laughs. “Who said that I’m afraid? I’m a guy.” Kris pinches Yeeun’s  cheek.

“Aaaak! Stop that! It hurts! Okay! It’s a deal we should ride that!”

“Deal. But I wonder if a 155 cm girl is allowed to ride that..”

 Yeeun laughs at Kris’ mock and reply, “Of course! I’m tall enough to ride that!”

“Let’s go then!” Kris pulls Yeeun’s hand, holds it tightly and runs towards T Express.

They laugh together as they run, just like a couple.

 

In the queue to ride T-Express

In the queue, Yeeun feels a little bit sick since she is nervous and afraid to ride T-Express. Can’t handle the pressure, she tells Kris about it.

“Wufan.. I’m afraid.” Yeeun shakes Kris’ hand.

Kris laughs. “Who wanted to ride this at the first place? Still asking me whether I’m afraid or not.. Save that word for yourself.” He smirked.

“I know it’s me..” Yeeun sighs.

Then she adds, “B.. But I’m just telling you that I’m afraid, ok? Although I’m afraid, I still want to ride it! Don’t mock me!”

“Can you really ride it? Don’t ride it if you’re afraid.. Don’t vomit in my shirt after you finish the ride.“

“I’m not that weak okay! I’m positive I’m going to ride that! And rest assured I won’t puke later on.”

“Miss and Mister, please stand on the 1st platform, the T-Express is arriving soon.” The staff said to Kris and Yeeun.

“Oh no……. We’re doomed.” Yeeun pulls Kris’ shirt. And put her hand in her forehead, showing her nervousness riding T-Express.

“What are you doing?” Kris laughs.

“Do you want to withdraw from the ride, Miss? There’s an emergency exit there.” The staff said as she saw Yeeun is nervous.

“No.. Thank you.” Yeeun replies softly.

Kris laughs. “Can you really ride this?”

“Yes. I have to be brave! But.. I’m curious.  Aren’t you afraid? Even a little bit?”

“No.” Kris smiles.

 

The T-Express then arrives and the riders get off from the train to let others ride the roller coaster.

They sit in the 1st row, which is of course scary as hell.

“Wufan….. Can I hold your hand?” Yeeun said as Kris is fastening his seat belt.

Kris laughs since Yeeun is afraid. It is shown all over her face. So he opens his palm, lending Yeeun his hand.

Yeeun quickly holds Kris’ hand, clench it tightly as she closes her eyes, trying to calm herself since the train is moving.

As they ride the train, Yeeun screams every time it drops from a quite high height . Kris laughs every time she screams and of course, enjoying the ride together.

 

The T-Express then arrives and the riders get off from the train to let others ride the roller coaster.

They sit in the 1st row, which is of course scary as hell.

“Wufan….. Can I hold your hand?” Yeeun said as Kris is fastening his seat belt.

Kris laughs since Yeeun is afraid. It is shown all over her face. So he opens his palm, lending Yeeun his hand.

Yeeun quickly holds Kris’ hand, clench it tightly as she closes her eyes, trying to calm herself since the train is moving.

As they ride the train, Yeeun screams every time it drops from a quite high height . Kris laughs every time she screams and of course, enjoying the ride together.

“THAT WAS THE BOMB! IT WAS AWESOME OH MY GOD! LET’S RIDE IT AGAIN!” Yeeun says happily as she gets off from the roller coaster.

“We need to ride another rides before riding this again, Yeeun. Look at that! We still need to ride that!” Kris points at 'Double Rock Spin' ride.

“WOAH! Okay! Let’s ride that!”

 

So Kris and Yeeun enjoy the day by riding the rides in Everland. They ride almost all the nerve wrecking rides, ate ice cream together, and now they’re eating cotton candy together.

“The cotton candy is so delicious! But the day will be much more complete if there's a pudding stall....” Yeeun pouts.

“You'll turn into a glutton soon enough, I tell you."

“I’m fit okay? Eating some of these won’t make me fat!”

“Oh really? But I think you’re a bit overweight.. Not a bit.. But really overweight.”

“That’s because you’re living in the idol industry..”

“Not really. Majority of my female friends in my high school are thinner than you also. So I guess it’s not only in the idol industry.”

“…………. WUFAN! YOU JERK!”

Wufan runs as Yeeun wants to hit him. So Yeeun starts to chase him around the theme park. Just like kids, they both run happily, as if there is only both of them in this world.

But then Kris suddenly stops at a balloon stand.

“Ya, why do you stop here? Buying balloons? So childish..”

“I don’t know.. Just feeling like buying these.”

Yeeun rolls her eyes. “Whatever.”

After buying some colourful balloons, Kris takes out the DSLR from his bag and asking people nearby to gives them a shot.

“What? You are posing with the balloons? There’s no way I’m going to pose with you.” Yeeun said.

“You have to.” He pulls Yeeun’s hand signalling her to pose with him.

Unexpectedly, the photographer who is taking the shot of Kris and Yeeun is actually a professional  photographer, so all the pictures he took are in superb quality and he adds some effect in the picture so it turns out really pretty. Lots of pictures of them are taken. Some poses they did earlier : hitting each other with balloon ; hiding behind the balloons, casually pose with a V sign, and the last shot : jumping as they let go of the balloon to the sky.

There are even candid photos of them. When Kris and Yeeun are talking, and the photographer quickly seize the moment by capturing it as they are doing eye contact.

“You guys really have the chemistry together.” The photographer smiles.

Kris and Yeeun then check the photos. “Thank you! You shot us well.” Kris smiles.

“You’re welcome.”

“Are you a real photographer?” Yeeun asks.

The photographer shyly nod and smile.

“We should pay you money then! There are so many pictures and all of them are perfectly taken!”

“No no no, please don’t pay me. You guys are  good models and you really have the chemistry together, so the credits are not mine. Now please excuse me.” The photographer runs as Kris takes some money from his wallet.

Kris sighs. “Why wouldn’t he accept the money…”

“Kris! Forget about that……… We’re in deep trouble. It’s 7.15.”

“What’s wrong with that?”

“SM annual gathering!”

“. Let’s go!”

 

 

"Yeeun!" Kris barges in my room again, for the hundredth time in his life.

"WHAT?!"

He then sits in my bed, putting his laptop in my bed. "Don't be so fierce."

"What do you want without knocking the door?"

"You know, I felt bad because of the Everland trip, you missed out the last episode of Moon That Embraces The Sun, so here I am. Let's watch it together, I have downloaded it."

"Really? Wu Yi Fan?!"

"Yeah. Now sit." He points at the rug, singalling me to sit beside him.

So here we are watching the last episode of Moon That Embraces The Sun, and I don't want to spoil to you guys regarding the plot, but I cry A LOT, I mean like I finish 2 packs of tissues by myself as I keep sobbing from beginning till the end. From the sad scenes to know that your favorite drama has ended. And I'm crying because of the cast's perfectness too. Oh Gosh. And I actually cry in front of this jerk, Wufan! But I can't stop the tears from falling. Duh, I am such a failure.

"How come you're such a fool? It's only a drama.. Well, although they acted perfectly and the plots are so great and everything." He looks at my direction.

"Are you heartless or something?" I look at him with tears in my eyes.

"Oh don't look at me with those eyes, it was as if I am the one who make you cry."

"You are! You are the one who asked me to watch the last episode!" I push him.

"But you said you are dying to watch the last episode and you're blaming me because the last episode aired when we go to Everland! Why are you blaming me now?"

I couldn't reply him and I kept crying harder as the storyline keeps on replaying in my mind. I guess I'm too emotional. Whatever.

He then nudges me, "Yah Yeeun, don't cry anymore."

I just look at his direction with totally swelled up eyes.

"Don't cry anymore, I'll take you anywhere you want to go as it kills me to see you cry like this."

I look at him, "Really?"

"Yeah."

"Okay then!" A smile forms in my lips.

"I want to go to Namsan Tower."

"Okay, be ready in 20 minutes." He then leaves my room with his laptop.

 N Seoul Tower, 18.53 KST

Reason why I wanted to be here? Because in my 25 years of living experience I've never been to Seoul Tower even once. Hence, can I call myself a Korean? And of course, I want to visit Locks of Love so bad! I know, I know. It's obviously a dating place meant for couple, but I don't care. If I wait until I have a boyfriend, I might be here in my 30s already! Okay, it's not that nobody wants me, umm you know, I live in The States and won't have the time to visit Korea any time. Ha Ha Ha. Okay I'm lame.

As I hop off from Kris' black sport car and smily cheekily. Finally I can see the whole Seoul soon enough!

"So here we are as you wish." He then takes me by the hand.

"Yah! What are you doing?" I look at our entangled hand.

"To prevent others to know that I'm actually an idol. You do know about Dispatch right? That media who reports all the time about idols dating or just merely idols hanging out together? I mean like they totally have eagle eye."

"But you have your thick black sunglasses and hat already."

"And I'm hot using them right?" He smirks at me.

"What? I'm not talking about that, I mean these are enough to disguise yourself." I point from his head to his toe.

"Believe in my instinct please, I'm predicting that there will be medias here. So please wear a scarf and a black sunglasstoo." He then brings the scarf and the black glasses out from his car, and putting it for me. 

"That's more like it." He gives me a thumb up. 

And I don't know why am I standing still, letting me to put on the scarf and sunglasses for me and holding my hand tight as we walk in to N Seoul tower.

"Can we only reach  the tower by riding the cable car?" Kris shoots me his pokerface.

"Yeah, I think." I gigle.

"You know I hate waiting." He flips his hand.

"You know you sound like a naggy grandma right now." I tiptoe and ruffle his hair.

He then laughs and attacking me by putting his arm around my neck and strangle me slowly.

"YAH stop it!" I laugh as I got attacked. He then puts off his arms from me and go back to the queue line.

After waiting for some time, it's finally our turn to sit in a cable car, and one cable car consists of some people, so we end up riding the cable car with some strangers.

I immediately walk to the glass to have a better view on the moving cable car. Everything is so pretty, the nigt view of Seoul is simply gorgeous.

"Childish much." Kris stands beside me, looking at my direction.

"I wonder why in the world there are some people who are not interested in admiring the nature and environment." then I take my smartphone and start taking pictures of the scenery.

Suddenly an auntie approach both me and Kris.

"Are you guys idols?" The auntie asks both me and Kris in Korean.

"Ah? No, we're not idols." I reply softly to her, but feeling tensed up inside. No, we're doomed if people know that Kris is an idol. NO.

"But you guys both use glasses and scarfs. Speaks so well in English." The Auntie insists.

"No, Auntie. No idols will take the risk to be here in such a crowded time, aren't they? And they'll not date in the public." Kris says as he quickly snuggles me in front of the Auntie, then kisses me in the head.

I was like whaaaaaaaaat areeeeee yooooooouuuuu doooooiiiinggggg yooooouuuuu freakyyyyyy Wufannnnnnnn? Areeeeee youuuuu ouuuuuut ooooooof yoooooour miiiiiiiind?

I stand there dumbfounded as the Auntie laughs, "Well you guys should go audition though. You're pretty and you're handsome." He points at both Kris and me.

"I bet your child will be very beautiful / handsome since you guys are so handsome and pretty." The ahjumma nods.

I give her an awkward smile and Kris bows to her and say, "Thank you, Ahjumma." Realizing that this jerk has manners, and since I lost my concious for awhile, I quickly bow to the ahjumma, and both me and Kris quickly turn away from the ahjumma and we keep looking at the scenery outside to pretend that we're enjoying the ride so that the ahjumma won't be suspicious.

He then snuggles me again and I glare at him in the eye silently.

He then starts to put my hair behind my ear and whispers, "You know you're such a failure as a manager."

I then realise if he doesn't snuggle me nor kiss my head, we will be dead meat for sure. Be the headline of magazines, get scolded by Dad, and eventually receiving mocks from SM Family.

Then I turn my body to face him and hug him tightly in case you're wondering that why the hell I turn around as the ahjumma can see more of my face, you're wrong. Do remember that I'm only 155cm and this frankenteen is 180cm+ so my head is burried in his chest, the ahjumma can't even see me. I have to make the act looks real! Or is it me who is taking benefits of the opportunity? 

Oh no. I did not say that. NO.

So as soon as we left the cable car, Kris then entangles my hand again and walk away from that ahjumma.

He then smirks at me and say, "I see you taking advantages of this moment."

"Whaaat? Are you kidding? I'm doing my job as a manager to keep you safe." I avoid his gaze, not even knowing why I did that.

"You're just too shy to admit."

"What? NO."

Kris then laughs. This time his laugh is sincere, not that usual smirk he's showing me. "Cmon, we're arriving to the Seoul Tower soon."

"I swear Seoul is so damn pretty from up here!" I jump as I reach N Tower 3, the place where all the telescopes are placed to view a better look of Seoul.

"Geez, what a kid."

I ignore what he says and keeps on stragazing through the telescope to take a better view of Seoul. Wanting to keep today's trip as one of my memories forever, I take out my smartphone and took a selca of myself in front of the glass window, showing that I've ever been to Namsan Tower before. 

As I keep taking a picture by myself, he then takes the smartphone from my hand, and says, "So pathetic, just let me take a picture of you."

Shocked by his movement, I did nothing and just pose for the camera, as I wanted a picture in Namsan Tower.

"Let's take a picture too!" I beam out.

Kris looks at me strangely, but then I pull his hand towards me and we're taking selcas in front of the Namsan Tower.

Don't ask me why I did that, I just wanted to do it, that's all. 

We buy some souvenirs― and yes I didn't forget the boys and Soorim and bought 12 souvenirs in total for them. And we have dinner in N Tower 5 and enjoy our meals as usual, talking and chit-chatting randomly.

After having dinner in such a luxurious restaurant― with beautiful sight and delicious foods, thank you Wufan, you made my day by taking me to eat at there. Wooooooooot!― okay back to the topic. We're now heading to the Locks of Love.

"Why are there so many locks here?" Kris asks me.

"Well you know, this place is called Locks of Love, the couple usually put up their wishes and even their pictures or just simply write their names in it, wishing that the relationship will last forever!" As I finish talking, I just realise that Kris is not beside me anymore and he's going to the couple bench and sit there by his own.

 

"YAH! I was talking to you!" I shouted at him as I walk to the bench.

"I was tired walking from the stairs." 

Then I sit beside him, ignoring him and quickly take the lock I just bought at the entrance and examine it.

I guess now I really feel the pain of being single.... Now I can't eve n write any wishes for my boyfriend and me! It was one of my dreams, to be able to put the lock here. I sighas I keep looking at the padlock I'm holding.

Oh well whatever, I can just write my name alone and hang it up there.

Then I pick out the marker from my bag, and wrote my name in the padlock. After finish writing it, Kris then suddenly snatch away the marker and the padlock from me.

He then writes something in the padlock too, and quickly connect the padlock to the wire, before I can do anything.

"YAH WUFAN WHAT DID YOU JUST WROTE?!" And I run immediately to his direction, searching for the padlock he recently connected to.

Then I finally found my green padlock, and it's written 

 Yeeun

  Wufan

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! IT WAS MEANT FOR COUPLES YOU STUPID FOOL!" I immediately shout at him.

He then looks at me and say, "Sorry, didn't know about it." And walk away.

"YOU JERK!!"

So both me and Kris sits in the café alone. Awkwardly. Without talking to each other. I guess Kris is also in an awkward position since I ignored him just now. I guess he doesn’t want to lose his pride initiating to talk to me, but in the end I ignored him. Good choice, Mr. Wu.

“Yeeun. Could you tell me why are you being like this today?”

“Nothing." I look at the coffee I've been stirring for awhile.

“What did I do wrong?” He looks at me.

I just stay in silence.

"What happened, Yeeun?"

And I keep stirring my coffee.

"Are you in period? Why are you being so moody?"

I keep ignoring him and take a sip of the coffee.

"Are you probably trying to act cool in front of me? Lee Yeeun, if you did so― I could no longer hide my angriness towards him. What does he think I am? A toy? Someone who you can play around for months? I immediately take my bag and stand up from my seat, about to leave.

“Wait where are you going?” Kris holds my hand to stop me from going.

“Let go of me." I say sternly as I'm still avoiding his gaze.

“Why are you being like this today, Yeeun? Why are you being so emotional?”

Sorry for being emotional. You're not at fault, he didn’t do anything wrong. He just left me from the café because he has some urgent stuff to do. But I just don’t know why I hate him so much right now.I got angry without any perfect reason. 

“I’m sorry, I just don’t feel like talking to you today.” I let go of his hand and walk out of the café, running. I just ran through the big rain which suddenly fell. I guess God intends to torture me for a few days. I just don’t care and I ran without direction.

 

Kris soon left the café and run to chase after Yeeun.

“No.  It’s raining hard. Yeeun is going to be sick if she kept running in the rain. Where is she now?”

Kris looks to the left and right direction. He spotted Yeeun running to the right, so he immediately runs afer her. But Yeeun keeps on running and running as she even runs through the zebra cross despite the traffic is still in green light for the vehicles, by which the vehicles are moving fast due to the big rain and green light.

As the vehicles keep on horning at Yeeun's direction and one of the cars about to hit Yeeun, Yeeun just stands in place because the shockness are overwhelming and couldn't run away. She's just standing there, in the middle of the street, looking at the car's direction which is about to hit her in awhile.

The world seems to stop for awhile as Kris feels the heart of his being stabbed by a thousand of knives, seeing the girl that can make him smile after all the loneliness he has felt, the girl that has melt his cold heart, is now in danger.

Kris runs as fast as he could and pushes Yeeun away from the street as he also quickly runs to the pavement.

Fortunately, both Yeeun and Kris are safe and now lying restlessly in the pavement and all the passerby are in shock.

"Are you out of your mind?! Why the hell should you run away from me?! Why do you keep on running when it's still in green light for the vehicles?! What if you got hit of the cars?!" Kris quickly beams out his anger as he was so terrified seeing the love of his life was about to be seriously injured, or probably lost her life.

Yeeun just couldn't control her tears and sobs even harder.

Kris then immediately hugs her and pats her head, "I'm sorry." He whispers.

"Why are you being so nice to me? Why?!" Yeeun says in low tone, still crying. Kris stays in silence as he is still hugging her tightly.

“Thank you for saving my life, and yes, I shouldn't have ran away from you. I shouldn't.... I shouldn't just lost my life when the stupidity controls over me."

"And I'm sorry for causing a hell of trouble for you. That was stupid." Yeeun says.

"What exactly happened? Why are you being like this?" Kris finally asks.

"Stop this, Kris. I’m tired, now leave me alone. I know I am the one who is the fool who thought that a playful guy like you would fall for me. I fell for you unknowingly after spending all the time with you. I don't blame you, I blame myself. You only treat me as a friend, no a toyfriend. I know your types, those girls with slim figures, perfect clear white skin which I got no match to. Now please let go of me. I need time to calm down. You didn't do anything wrong. It's my fault. And I have been such an idiot, running in the rain for no direction and almost get hit by car. Anyway thank you. ” Yeeun says while tears keep on falling from her eyes.

So Kris let go of Yeeun slowly, and both of them stood in the middle of big rain.

“I’m leaving, I need a time for my own to calm myself down. I’ll be okay tomorrow and you just have to pretend that today doesn’t happen, I'll be okay by tomorrow. I’m sorry for being emotional, and please hide this from Dad and the other person. I promise I'll be fine tomorrow. Thank you, for saving my life." Yeeun smiles bitterly and walks away.

“Yeeun, wait.” Kris holds Yeeun's wrist preventing her to walk away.

“What again?” Yeeun looks at her with her red watery eyes due to crying.

Kris then wipes her tears away and kiss her in the middle of the big rain.

“I..” Kris stutter, and finally continue, “I was left speechless when I heard all of those words you say in the rain and my brain was being a , and I’m sorry I am settling this to you after some quite time after the kiss.”

“I like you, Yeeun. I really do. You’re the first person that has ever perks my interest after some time since the first day you barged in to our dorm, I knew that you’re different from any other girls.”

“You know, Kris. Like and love is different.” Yeeun looks at Kris in the eye, as she is trying to hold back the tears that will flow anytime soon from her eyes.

“Please don’t cry anymore, Yeeun. Seeing you cry is breaking my heart into pieces.” Kris wipes Yeeun’s tears from her eyes using his thumb.

“I’m fine. Just go on.” Yeeun says as she chokes up a bit from the crying.

“I’m so so so sorry for being a jerk to you, I did that of course to leave an impression to you, I don’t want to be remembered as regular idol who works for your Dad, or just some normal friend. And I actually thank God that you actually forgot to bring the sanitary pad in your period and I can use that to blackmail you all the time and you have to accompany me going anywhere.”

“Please Yeeun, promise me you won’t cry, be sad or even run away in such a big rain during your desperation time. Do you know how much worried I am seeing you run in such a big rain without any direction? And seeing you almost get hit by a car, my whole heart seems to drop and stop beating.” Kris explains as he tries to hold back his tears, as he remembers back on how Yeeun almost gone forever in this life.

“Knowing the reason that you almost died because of me, makes me have a hard time breathing at the same time. It feels like all the happiness and the liveliness of the world was taken away from my right at the moment. I was the reason that the girl I like a lot almost lost her life.”

He wipes his tears away by the back of his hand and adds, “Sorry I wasn’t some poet who can perfectly blurt out my feelings in words, it just hurts like hell, Yeeun. I thought I wasn’t going to meet you anymore right at that time. And I didn’t expect you to like me back, I thought you will just keep on treating me as some douchebags who like to bully you. And now I’m feeling sad and happy in the same time.”

“What do you mean?” Yeeun looks at Kris with her big swollen eyes due to the excessive tears she have let out today.

“Knowing that you like me, and I like you back, but we can’t be together for now. But I promise, once I settle some things up, I will immediately chase after you and make our status clear. As boyfriend and girlfriend.”

Yeeun fakes a smile, “You know what, it’s okay. Take your time. I will be okay.” Says Yeeun as she is actually crying even harder in her heart.

“So are we still friends?”

“Yes.” 

 

-end of flashbacks-

And the tears that I thought have dried up actually falls again. I just can’t resist the pain. Indeed me and Kris wasn’t in a relationship, but all we did at the past, was it just for friends? Nothing more? Even the kiss is fake? And what you said on your apartment, was it the truth? The way you kissed me in the big rain, was it nothing to you? Was everything just a game for you? Torturing me like this?

 

*Yunho’s POV*

She actually cries after she was in deep thoughts. I bet she was reminded of her past with Kris. Without saying anything I put her head on my shoulder. She then rests on my shoulder still crying silently, she keeps crying until my jacket is kinda wet.

10 minutes passed and she is still crying. I can’t just sit here and do nothing. I adjust her siting position and make her face me.

“Tell Oppa, you do care about that Kris guy aren’t you?”

“Yes. And I miss him so much Oppa.” She said with teary eyes.

I hug her and pats her head.

“Poor girl. Trust me you will be fine after crying out loud tonight. And promise me don’t go to China to check on him. If he truly loves you, he will come back to you and give you an explanation about his leave.

She nods. “Thank you Yunho Oppa. You are forever my angel.” She hugs me tighter.

After crying so much, she seems to be better although her eyes are surely puffed and as red as tomato.

“Care to drink soju then?” I smile.

“You bet?” She laughs.

So we spent the night drinking soju at the street and eating squids alive and had a quite good night. I will try to make you forget about him, Yeeun. You’ll always have me during your hard times. Remember that, Yeeun..