What A Boring Job

Personality Over Appearance

This has got to be one of the worlds most boring job EVER. I mean, all you do here is sit and see if the people auditioning have potential to debut as idols. We walked into a small room, passing many people who were lining up for the weekly audition. Many people stared at the two of us when we were passing by, probably wondering who we were. The both of us greeted the judge sitting behind the table. The other judge, whom I recognize him to be Mr. Jung - he was someone I've seen around SM so many times and he was one of the nicest people in the Entertainment. He was only 26 years old and is one of the youngest employee in SM.

"Hi Mr. Jung. We're here to be the other two judges." I smiled at him.

"Hello Minhyo and EunJung. It's nice to see you guys back. Minhyo has been complaining about her life since you've left, EunJung."

Unnie looked at me - surprised, "YOU MISSED ME THAT MUCH?! AWWW, THAT'S SO NICE OF YOU!" She hugged me until I was unable to breathe. "LET GO! It's time to judge soon." Unnie immediately sat down behind the table, putting on her "serious" face. Which I would totally laugh at. The auditions started soon as ten people entered the room, one person stood in the middle whilst the other nine stood at the side, watching the performance.

"Annyeonghaseyo," the girl bowed, "My name is Choi JiHyun and I am 16 years old."

Wow... she's my age.

"It says here that you will be singing today." Mr. Jung said.

"Yes, I will be singing Good Day by IU."

Unnie and I looked at each other when the girl had said that she will be singing Good Day by IU. The girl soon started to sing. She was good until the middle when she couldn't hit all the notes. When she reached the three high notes, I noticed that many people standing on the side, cringed because her voice was cracking and it just... sounded wrong.

"Thank you, please stand at the side. Next." Mr. Jung continued the auditions and didn't say anything about her performance.

Before she left, she asked, "Um, can you give me any pointers on how I can do better for the next audition?" She probably knew she didn't pass this one. Mr. Jung looked up at her, "Well then, I'll be blunt. You lack talent and chose the wrong song. Good Day is well known because of the three notes, and you couldn't hit the notes. Next time, don't choose a song just because you think you will impress the judges by singing it. Choose a song that will suit your voice." JiHyun bowed and stood at the side.

Since all the performances were boring me out, I slept. I don't know how much time has passed since I took a small nap, but I woke up when Unnie tapped on my shoulder. "Minhyo, auditions are over.. You didn't even do anything." My. Jung smiled at me when we noticed that I was awake, "Well then, I'll announce the results that EunJung and I have decided on."

When he announced the results, many were disappointed and frustrated. Want to know why? Apparently only three people made it. The other people, maybe a bit over a hundred, didn't pass. Some people even went up to Mr. Jung and complained.

"Excuse me, but a lot of us want to know the opinion of the other judge."

Me? "Sorry, I was sleeping. Your performances were boring. People who sang did not have an amazing voice that would wake me up. So, anyone who sang basically had an "average" voice. If you guys want  to know my opinions, then perform me a bit of your audition and I will tell you. Cannot be longer than thirty seconds." There were many people who were hesitant but a few people stood up and performed.

"The people that just performed, you all failed. As I've said before, your voices are average. There was really nothing special about them. Either that, or your choice of song was wrong."

"Then I would like to see you perform since you're a judge at such a young age. You must have something special about you if SM hired you to be a judge so young."

... Are you serious? What kind of person would say that to a judge?

"Unnie and Mr. Jung, find me the managers or anyone that's available and have them judge me since these guys want to see my talent for some odd reason." There were only around ten people who were still standing here. Many left after hearing the news of people that made it.

After ten minutes, Unnie yelled, "Found them. There were some celebrities walking around too."

"Okay, let's do it this way: the judges are going to turn around and close your eyes. There are ten people, eleven, including me. Each of us are going to sing but in a random order. If you are enticed by the voice, turn around and see who was singing. Got it? Maximum is one minute long. Judges, no peeking."

Judges were: SNSD and SJ manager, TVXQ's Yunho, f(x)'s Luna and Victoria, SNSD's Seohyun and Hyoyeon, SJ's Donghae.

Even tough I said it was a random order, I went last. During the performances, the only people that turned around were the managers. I guess the idols weren't amazed by the vocals. I sang Babysteps in english and once again, the managers were the first one to turn around, followed by Donghae, Hyoyeon, and Victoria.

After the performance was over, I talked to the people that were unsatisfied. "Even though your vocals are average, improve. That's all you need to do if you want to become an idol. And obviously, you need confidence and all of you guys lack that characteristic. I will be glad to see you guys next time you audition."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

HELLO GUYS! I`ve updated the story again. I`m actually glad that some of you guys are commenting, which makes me want to update the story. I hope you like the chapter. ^^ BYEBYE!!