Chapter 44

Personality Over Appearance

"Eheheh... Hello?" Damn, he looks mad...

"Where were you?"

"Oh... I was with Eunhyuk since he offered to buy me a drink and we hanged out and uhh, before that, I was with Amber. You know... hanging out?" I know that I don't make any sense right now but I don't want to get into any trouble with him. Oppa stared at me for at least a minute until he finally changed the topic.

"I don't believe you but we'll talk later. Tonight, there's a SMTOWN party and everyone will be participating and you're going with us so wear something different than whatever you're wearing now."

"YOU GOT IT!" As long as I don't have to deal with him now, I'm perfectly fine with that. I walked into my room and looked through my closet. Hmm... since this is a party, then I guess wearing something casual will do. I looked for my striped off shoulder knit sweater and black skinny jeans. After changing, I walked into the living room and found everyone sitting or standing there.

"HEY! You and Donghae match!" Sungmin pointed at the both of us. I looked over to where Donghae stood and indeed, we do match. He wore a striped hoddie and black jeans. Oh well, whatever. I don't want to go back and change.

"EVERYONE! LET'S GO!" One of the managers yelled once he came in. Once again, there were not enough seats for everyone, so I had to sit on Oppa's lap and boy, it was annoying. You know why? Let me tell you. During the whole ride, Oppa kept on poking me and tickling me but it didn't really affect me since I'm not ticklish at all so for him. ^____^

When we finally reached the destination which turns out to be a hotel, I turned around and pinch Oppa's cheeks and laughed at him while I got out of the van first. The guys immediately followed out of the van but I didn't want to be seen with them. Not me to be mean or anything, being with them 24/7 . They're annoying, dorky, and not to mention - idiots. I strolled around the hotel lobby until I saw some other idols walk to a different place so I followed along. The place they walked into had a stage and tables with a tag on the tables that has artists' names under SM. There are also other tables with had a tag, labelled "Staffs" .

Hmm... I found the table with "Super Junior" on it and decided to sit there until the others came. One by one, many artists came in and sat in their respected seats. I finally saw Super Junior come in after who knows how long since I was bored to death. They, for some reason - speed walked over to their table, probably noticing that I was there and didn't want to be left standing. GUESS WHO WAS THE LAST ONE.

.

.

.

.

.

.

It was... none other than: EUNHYUK! He's... slow for someone who's on Dream Team. Maybe he didn't try his hardest.

"Minhyo... get off my seat please."

"It doesn`t have your name on it."

"Minhyo, I didn't want it to come to this but..." He leaned into me, "You wouldn't want me to tell your Oppa where you really were today, right? And the fact that you lied and actually danced with me... I bet your Oppa would be so mad that he'll never let you out of his sight."

Crap, he's right...

I sighed and got up but before finding myself a new seat, I jabbed him on the side of his stomach as he was just about to sitdown. That will teach him for blackmailing me. I looked across the room and found myself a seat beside this lady who seemed nice and wouldn't mind if I took the seat or not. And soon the party began.

"HEY SMTOWN! Today is a very special day and it took a long time to gather everyone here! To start this party, we will have all the staff who are here today to perform their talents! They may perform in a group or individuals! GOOD LUCK, STAFFS." Once I heard this annoucement, I looked over to where Eunhyuk was sitting. He probably noticed someone staring - or more like glaring at him, he turned around and met my eyes. I gave him my you-are-going-to-pay-for-this glare.

Some went into groups and performed dance covers and others did some random things like juggling, gymnastics, and playing instruments. And now it's finally my turn.

"OKAY! You're the last one but... you sure don't look like someone who works in SM but WHATEVER! So what are you going to show us?"

"Something. Just play this song. I whispered in his ear the song: Zero - Varsity.

"Before I start, I'm not a staff here and I'm not an artist under SM but... YOU ARE GOING TO PAY, LEE HYUKJAE!"

From the stage, I saw Amber waving her hands and giving me thumbs up. Eunhyuk looks scared as hell and people cheering. Especially the people who I knew. Once the song started playing, I let me feet take it away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ob59I2fF7Q&list=UUNJcIlujzaQIDOn4YMXP-_w&index=27

I bowed and left the stage. Everyone cheered as I left and right when I stepped off the stairs, I saw Oppa running and gave me one hell of a hug.

"Sorry, I need to go to the washroom." I excused myself.

Once I was out of the place, I found the emergency stairs and hid there for a while but my heart was beating so fast and it felt hard to breath properly.

"Geez, why do you always do these things to yourself, Minhyo?" The voice rang through my ears... a very familiar voice.