Chapter 38

Personality Over Appearance

Minhyo's POV

Nine or 10 months has past since I've been in the hospital and I never contacted my brother since the time he called me. I got close to Dr. Leung and most of the staff here. OH. I didn't contact my brother, but I always talk to Amber and EunJung Unnie.

I opened my laptop to check if there are some news about Super Junior, I know I don't look like it but I always check if anything has happened to them. Caring type? Absolutely NOT. I find things so I can blackmail them later on. - insert evil laugh -

SO ANYWAYS! I found out that Super Junior's new album is coming out. That's pretty much it.

I walked out of the room to find Dr. Leung and I found her eating ... lunch? 

"DR. LEUNG! CAN I SIGN OUT OF THE HOSPITAL?"

"Why?"

"I have to go back to Korea now."

"It's fine but you have to carry these pills around you and only eat it if you're experiencing pain." she handed me some pills in a little bottle that she took out of her pocket but I HATE PILLS.

"Uhh... pills?"

"Yeah, pills. I know you hate them but these taste like strawberries so deal with it."

STRAWBERRIES! O: THEY HAVE THESE?

"Wait, how'd you know I'll leave today?"

"I just knew and if you're wondering, you can still dance but just not for long periods of time." She patted my head. "You didn't grow at all, did you?" Tch, my height is my problem BUT I DON'T GET WHY I DIDN'T GROW AT ALL! "Do you have some pills that could make you grow taller?" She just turned her head and laughed at me. "You'll grow... maybe."

Sigh. I walked back into my room to call Amber. HEHE. She'll be happy that I'm going back to Korea.

Ring... Ring... Ring... Ring... Ring...

"AMBERR!"

"Yeah?"

"Guess what?"

"You grew taller?" I wish. >__>

"NO. I'll be back in Korea in 2 days, so can you pick me up?"

"Okay. So all I have to look for is a 148cm girl that's holding a suitcase that's similiar to her height."

I'm going to slap her when I see her in 2 days.

"Just remember to pick me up and don't tell my brother."

"Got it. BYEEE short girl."

She hung up on me before I could shout at her.

Ahh whatever, I need to pack and call Unnie now.

Ring...

"Unnie?"

"Yeah."

"Are you still living with Super Junior?"

"Nope, I had to move back to LA to live with Umma and Appa since they said they miss me too much and I'll visit you once in a while since you're going back to Korea, ight?" How did she know...

"How?"

"You forgot that Lily is my friend." Lily... isn't that Dr. Leung's first name? So does this mean Unnie knows my condition?

"Yes I know about your health, don't work too hard Minhyo. I have to go help out with the company and you have to contact me every single day at 1." I do that now. "Got it, byee. Have fun with work." I don't know what she mumbled after that but I think she said that work is never fun. That reminds me... should I be working now? Meh, Never thought about it.

- - - - - - - -

I'm now standing in the airport in Korea, looking for Amber. Then I spotted a person holding up a sign that says 16 year old and is 148cm. That's definitely Amber holding up that sign. I feel embarrassed now so I walked up to her and stepped on her foot with my high tops.

"Hi, I'm guessing you found the 16 year old that's 148 cm."

"Mhmm, she's right in front of me. Let's go." Amber dragged me to the van either because I was too slow or I didn't feel like walking so I let her drag me there.

"Where are we going?"

"SM Entertainment." Well that's nice...

I don't know how long it took to get there but we're there.

"Piggy back." She sighed and did what I asked her to and carried me to SM Practice room.

"Why are we here?"

"Because Super Junior and f(x) is here."

"And why do I have to see them?"

"Because you have no place to stay."

"That's so nice of you."

The door was already opened, but before she entered the room, I stole her sunglasses and put them on myself and pretended to sleep.

"Hey Amber!" I think everyone said that.

"Why are you carrying a little girl?" Victoria asked.

"Because she asked for it and what's wrong with Ryeowook?"

"It's nothing, he's just staring at his phone waiting for Minhyo to call."

SHEESH, it's not that big of a deal if I don't call you.

"Amber, put me down." I hid behind Amber and took out my phone and texted Oppa.

Text: Why are you sulking around just because I didn't call you. Look at the person next to Amber.

When his phone rang, telling him that he has a new message, I went beside Amber.

After Oppa finished reading the message I just texted him, he looked beside Amber and automatically rtackled me to the ground.

"Hi Oppa."

"Why didn't you contact me?"

"I was busy and I came back since I heard your new album was coming out."

Oppa turned to the rest, "You guys can talk with each other, I'm going to talk to Minhyo." Sungmin looks so eager to hug me but I'm not going to let him.

"Oppa, piggy back." He looks happy and carried me while we walked around SM. People were staring at both of us though.

"Minhyo, how much do you weigh, you're very light."

Again with this question, "Well I lost some weight so I weigh like 34kg now."

"Minhyo, you need to gain some weight."

"I know."

"Let's go to the Vocal room."

Everything looks so cool in the room. We sat on the floor and talked about a lot of things but never what I did for the past 10 months.

"Oppa sing an English song."

He just looked at me, "But if I sing one, you can't laugh and you have to sing a song."

"Sure." I smiled when he started singing Insomnia.

"You're English isn't that bad."

"Thanks."

"So what do you want me to sing?"

Sing Babysteps."

"The one TaeTiSeo sang or the English version?"

"English."

I knew the song before TaeTiSeo sang it and I love the song.

"Okay, but check outside to see if anyone is there." I don't want people hearing me sing. >___<

"Clear! No one is there so you can start now." And I did.

The song reminds me of the past but I'm over it. Maybe I'll fall in love and maybe not, the future can't be decided.

When I finished, I saw Oppa clapping his hands with a big smile on his face. "That was great!"

"You recorded it, didn't you?"

"Of course! It's going to be my ringtone now."

I just smiled at him. "Come on Minhyo. Let's go home."

"Piggy back again."

I think I fell asleep on him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -