Happy Birthday.

Hey Sorry, My Baby.

Soon, both of you became closer. However, he seldom talks to anyone except for you. He found it weird  but he did not care much as he was happy whenever you were around him. He started to be more cheerful and sister maria was happy to see that. She saw you playing happily with him in the playground and she asked sister Amy who was in charge to take care of all of you too, “Do you think they will become a couple in future?” Sister Amy nodded, “Yea… I think so. They look so happy together. I had never seen minhye so happy before, even though she always wears a smile in front of everyone. Byunghun had also changed a lot. He talked more and he smiled more whenever minhye is around.”

One night, ljoe came into your room secretly and he shook you to wake you up. You stirred in your sleep and soon you opened your eyes. “Byunghun oppa?” You said. “Shhh..” Ljoe whispered and covered your mouth with his hands. “Let’s go somewhere.” He whispered. “At this time?” You asked. Ljoe nodded. “We are not allow to leave the room at night. Sister maria will be angry if she found out.

“They are all asleep. I have something to show you.”, Ljoe lightly pulled you up and grabbed your hands. He led the way and you followed him. Soon, both of you reach the doorstep and ljoe carefully twisted the doorknob.  Both of you came to the park nearby and it was snowing heavily. You felt cold and ljoe put your hands in his pockets, “Are you feeling better now?”  You nodded. “Where are we going?” You asked. Ljoe smiled, “Close your eyes.”  “Eh?” You questioned. “Just close your eyes. I am here, don’t worry.” He smiled. You looked at him suspiciously and closed your eyes. Ljoe held you tightly so that you won’t fall and he kept looking at his watch until it turns 12 midnight.

“Open your eyes now.” Ljoe said. You slowly open it and your jawed dropped. You cupped your mouth with your hands, “Oppa….” You looked at him. You looked at the ground again which have the word “Happy Birthday Minhye” carved on the thick snow and a snowman is standing beside it. “Happy birthday minhye ah…” Ljoe said as he brought out a small birthday cake. “Oppa….” You voie trembled a bit as you were so touched. No one had ever celebrated your birthday with you. Ljoe then started to sing birthday song to you with his soft voice. You make a wish and blew the candles. Tears started to roll down your cheeks. Ljoe use his thumbs to wiped it off, “Don’t cry… It’s your birthday today. You should smiled.”

“I.. I am just so touched… Komawo oppa… Komawo…” Your cried. He then put something in your hands. You opened and looked at it and realized it was a seashell with both of your name carved on it. “I am sorry… I did not have enough money left after buying the birthday cake.. therefore, I went to the beach and saw this, I decided to give you this instead.” Ljoe said. “It’s okay, oppa. You don’t have to give me anything. This seashell is nice! I will kept it properly.” You rubbed the seashell happily.

“I promised, when I grow up and started to earn my own money, I will buy you whatever things you want.” Ljoe smiled. “Oppa, jeongmal komawo…” You hugged him and he caressed your hair.

“Minhye ah… I might not understand what love is but I really like you a lot.” Ljoe whispered. You smiled at his words and felt warm in your heart.