Can you see me?

Hey Sorry, My Baby.

“Doctor, please save her… please save my girl..” Ljoe sobbed as the nurse pushes you into the operation room. “We will do our best don’t worry.” The doctor patted ljoe’s back and went into the operation room. Ljoe was about to follow him in but one of the nurse stopped him, “Sir, you can’t go in.” Ljoe sank onto to ground as the operation light on. “Byunghun ssi.. I need to check you wound.” One nurse tried to help him up. “I am okay.” Ljoe replied without looking at her. “You are bleeding; I need to help you deal with your wound.” The nurse said. “I SAID I AM OKAY!” Ljoe yelled at her. The nurse was stunned and stepped back.  After much persuading, ljoe finally followed her to the room to check up on his wounds. The nurse helped him to bandage his hands and gave him some painkiller.

Ljoe then sat outside the operation room with tears in his eyes. *It’s my fault.. It’s my fault* Ljoe stare blankly on the ground. *I am sorry… Minhye ah… Sorry..” Ljoe cried.

“Byunghun ah.. Are you alright? I heard that you got into an accident.” Sister maria worriedly asked. “Nuna….” Ljoe looked at her with tearful eyes. “Aigooo.” Sister maria hugged him and patted him back. “Nuna… eottokae…. Is my fault. I will not forgive myself if anything happen to her.. Is me… If not because of me, the accident will not happen.” Ljoe sobbed in her arms. “Byunghun ah, It’s an accident. No one can control it. I am sure that minhye don’t want to see you like this….  Minhye is a strong girl… She will be okay.” She tried to console him but ljoe would not stop tearing. “Yah, you are a guy. You should be strong okay?” She took out her handkerchief and wiped his tears away.

That night, ljoe did not sleep and he sat outside the operation room all the while. Sister maria went back to the orphanage to look after the kids.  It was 10 am in the morning. The light of the operation room was off. Ljoe stood at immediately and went to the door and you were pushed out of the operation room. “How is she? “ Ljoe asked the doctor. “She is fine now…. She just needs rest as her pulse are weak. “ The doctor explained. “Thank you.” Ljoe heaved a sigh of relieved after hearing that you were alright. He ran to the ward to see you. Seeing many machines around you and your pale face make his heart ache.  “Minhye… Komawoyo…. Thanks for being alright.” Ljoe took your hands and put it beside his cheeks.  He softly gazed at you and kissed your hands.

Ljoe did not go to school nor go to work and stayed in the hospital to look after you. He kept himself awake as he doesn’t know when you will wake up. 

“Minhye ah..” Someone walked into the ward. Ljoe turned and looked, “Eunjin?” Eunjin bowed at ljoe, “I came here to see minhye.” She placed the flower into the vase and sat beside her. “Minhye ah… It’s Eunjin… Wake up soon so we can go to school together again.” Eunjin tried to encourage you , “You prepared so hard for the examination, so you have to wake up as soon as possible to attend it right?”

A few hours later, your eyes fluttered a bit. Ljoe rubbed his eyes as he thought he was seeing illusion. “Minhye.. Minhye.” He called. “Oppa..” You whispered. “Yeah… You hear me?” He asked. “Oppa.” You called weakly. “Minhye, how are you feeling?” Ljoe asked worriedly. “I am fine now..” You weakly smiled. Seeing you smiled, ljoe smiled too. He helped you up and held onto your hands. “Oppa, can you on the lights? It’s so dark.” You said. Ljoe furrowed his eyebrow, “Mwoh? The lights are on. Furthermore, it’s sunny outside.”

“Oppa, stop kidding with me. I want to see you.” You replied. “Minhye ah… it’s bright here.” Eunjin said. “What?” You smile fell and tears started to form in your eyes. Ljoe started to realize something is wrong, “Wait… minhye ah, can you see me?”