Birthday.

Hey Sorry, My Baby.

A few weeks had passed and the queenka dared not disturb you. It was peaceful in school and you made friends with BAP. You started to hang out with them and Eunjin started to get well with them too.

“Noona! We are having some party later? Wanna join us?” Zelo asked. “Later? Hmm. I need to work. Sorry.” You replied.

Zelo frowned, “Noona, can’t you skip work for one day? “

“Yea, Minhye ah, you should come with us. We are going to Karaoke. You know, this is the time where you can hear Daehyun voice. He seldom talks but he can sing very well.” Youngjae said.

Zelo then looked at you with his puppy eyes. You softened, “Okay then.”

“YAY!” Zelo high fived with Youngjae.

After school, you met up with BAP. “Hi, minhye!” Yongguk waved. “Oppa!” You smiled at him. You looked around, “Where is daehyun oppa?”

“Why? Started to miss him?” Himchan teased. You rolled your eyes, “He is not coming?”

“He is coming. But later. You know today, it’s his birthday! We wanted to give him some surprise. Jongup will bring him here later.” Yongjae explained.

“What? But I didn’t buy anything for him. I didn’t know is his birthday.” You bit your lips.

“Don’t worry. You are the best birthday present for him. Let’s go.” Himchan slung his arms around you and pulled you away. “But…” You said. “No buts. He will be happy if you are there.” Himchan said.

Soon, you all reached hongdae. They brought you up to the karaoke room and started to decorate the room with balloons. Youngjae them light up the candles on the cakes and Himchan switched off the lights.

“I guess they are coming.” Youngjae checked his watched.

“One… Two… Three..” Himchan counted. The door swung opened and Daehyun looked around the dark room. All of you then jumped out and started to sing happy birthday song.

Daehyun were surprised as he looked around. He then saw you and he brightened up. “YAH, Daehyun. Make a wish.” Himchan requested. Daehyun closed his eyes and then blew the candles. All of you clapped your hands.

“Thanks.” Daehyun said.

“You are welcome, buddy!” Himchan gave his a hugged. Himchan then purposely dragged Daehyun near you and pushed him towards you. Daehyun bumped onto you and he blush a little. You looked away and  sat on the sofa. “YAH! HYUNG!” Daehyun glare at himchan. “I was helping you.” Himchan mouthed. Daehyun sighed but actually deep inside, he felt so elated that you were here.

He sat beside you and the rest began to sit down. Yongguk started to pick songs and Youngjae stared to eat the tibits on the table. Daehyun helped to cut the cakes and distribute it to everyone. He gave it to you first and you smiled, “Thanks oppa.” Daehyun softened at your smiled.

Zelo and Yongguk then started to rap as the music started. Jongup started to dance around with the music and Himchan and Youngjae joined him. You started to clap your hands with the beats and Daehyun just sat there quietly and looked at you.

Soon, youngjae started to sing and he pulled daehyun with him. Daehyun grabbed the mic and started to sing along. You were surprised that he has a nice voice. His voice blend into the music and it sounded so soothing. Jongup and himchan cheered when he sang the highest pitch. You clapped yoru hands and started to cheer. Daehyun smiled and he continued to sing. Despite the fact that he was quiet, he likes singing a lot. Therefore, he often came to the Karaoke with the rest of BAP.

Himchan then selected a duet songs and he pulled you up to sing with Daehyun. “I can’t sing.” You shook your head.

“Come on.. It’s okay if you can’t sing.” Himchan handed you the mic. He then whispered to Daehyun, “Yah, make use of this chance.” Daehyun kept quiet and stared at the screen and started to sing. You then join when it’s the girl’s part.

“Noona, you voice is great! “ Zelo cheered. Daehyun watched you sing and his heart melts. When it was his part, he slowly stepped towards you and took your hands.

“WOOOHOOO!! Daehyun, Go go go!” Himchan and yongguk shouted.

Daehyun looked deeply in your eyes and sang the song. You were a bit stunned by his action. You looked at him and both of your eyes met. You didn’t look away as you somehow got lost in his eyes.

The lyrics he sang and the way he looked at you makes you blush and you felt your heart flutter a bit.

Soon, the song ended and there was an awkward silent. You looked away and bit your lips. You felt so hot and you started to drink some ice water. Himchan broke the silent by snatching the mic, “Daehyun, you did the best things today! Now it’s my turn to sing.”

Daehyun rubbed his hands and sat at the corner. Youngjae purposely pushed you near to him and whispered, “Don’t be shy.”

“Ne?” You replied as you don’t understand what he was saying. As the rest continued to sing, Daehyun slowly held onto your hands. You looked at him and glanced down at your hands. His hand was tightly wrapped around yours. You didn’t pull away as you didn’t know how to react. You just smiled at him, “Happy birthday oppa.”

“Sorry, that I didn’t buy you anything. Because I didn’t know it was your birthday, until….” Before you complete your sentenced, Daehyun cut in, “It’s okay. I am so happy that you were here today. There is no need to be sorry.” You smiled, “Thanks oppa.”

After the celebration, Daehyun insisted to bring you home as it was dark. The two of you bided goodbye with the rest.

Just then Daehyun phone rang and it was a message from Yongguk.

“Hey, bro. Grab the chance when you walked home with her. Remember to  talk more.”

Daehyun shook his head as he read the message.

As you looked around, you saw an icecream store. You remembered that he told you he likes icecream. “Oppa, wait here. I will be back.” You quickly ran away. Daehyun wanted to stop you but you already left.

A few minutes later, you came back with a cup of icecream. “Oppa, this is for you. Your birthday gift. I think I should really buy something for you.” You shrugged.

Daehyun smiled and ruffled your head, “Okay then. Thanks.” He smiled and took the icecream. He took one mouth and smile, “ How do you know I like Vanilla flavour?”

“Yongguk oppa told me.” You beamed.

“Oh.” He mumbled.

The journey was quiet.

“Hey, bro. Grab the chance when you walked home with her. Remember to  talk more.” Yongguk message keep flashing in Daehyun’s mind.

Soon, you reached your house. “Oppa, thanks for walking me home. Goodnight.” You smiled.

“Goodnight!” Daehyun smiled back.

 He watched you go in and he mumbled to himself, “AISH, Daehyun ah!!! Why couldn’t you talk more with her?” He kicked the stone on the ground.