Promise.

Hey Sorry, My Baby.

 

Meanwhile, Ljoe just completed his first step. He is on the way to meet the mysterious guy that he supposed to pass the drugs too. He then thought of you.

He began to take out his phone and make a call, “Doctor kim, may I know how is minhye right now?”

“Byunghun ah, she is fine. She is able to see now. But… she left the hospital because she is looking for you. I think you should contact her soon.” The doctor said.

Ljoe hung up and feel a pinch in his heart. “She is looking for you right now.” The word keep ringing on his head. *Maybe I should go back.*

*No, I should not. I can’t go back. I will only harm minhye if I go back.* Ljoe closed him eyes and took a deep breathe. He looked at is wallpaper and smiled, “My pretty baby. Minhye… Wait for me.. Once I complete this mission, I will be back.”

You were still sitting on the floor looking at ljoe’s picture, “Oppa, I miss you….” You brush through his photo using your fingertips. You use your index fingers and brush his face, “Will you be back for me?”

The photo soon became wet as your tears keep dropping, “You broke your promised oppa. You said I will be able to see you after my operation. Oppa, where are you? You know I can’t survive without you. You are my life. You are my everything… I need you. I don’t want to be alone….”

“Aigooo. Minhye ah, don’t cry. I am sure your oppa don’t want you to cry right? Do you want your eyes to get damage again?” Eunjin said, “Don’t cry…. Byunghun oppa, spend so much money to teat you, so you must take care of it okay?”

You wiped your tears, “I know… but I can’t control my tears. It’s just keep falling. And my heart feels so pain.”

That few days, you did not go out and just stayed at home. You hope that ljoe will come back but he did not. You tried to call him a lot of time but his phone was switch off.

“Ding Dong.” The door bell rang. You gain hope. You ran to the door and opened it.

“Oppa!” You smiled. But your face fell as you saw Eunjin.

“YAH, Not happy to see me?” Eunjin lightly slapped your arms.

“No, I thought it was oppa.” Minhye sadly said.

“Minhye ah, you have to eat.. You are so skinny. Look at you! Come, I bought some porridge for you.”Eunjin put it on the table.

“I have no appetite.” You said.

“Minhye ah, you can’t be like this. Look at you, you are getting skinnier and weaker. You had been eating little ever since he left. Are you going to be like this? What if he did not come back? Are you going to be like this forever? Life still needs to go on. Remember what you said? You said you have dreams, you wanted to be a designer. So you must work hard to do it! And now, you should prepare to register to get into a high school.” Eunjin said. She had been saying this lots of times but you just wouldn’t listen.

Eunjin got frustrated, “YAH! MINHYE! LOOK AT ME!”

You looked at her expressionless.

“YOUR WORLD NOT ONLY HAS YOUR OPPA! YOU HAVE ME! AND LOTS OF PEOPLE OUT THERE! YOU MUST BE STRONG AND CONTINUE WITH YOUR LIFE! WAKE UP! WAKE UP FROM THAT STUBBORN MINHYE! DON”T BE STUBBORN ANYMORE. YOU NEED YOUR LIFE TOO! TO BE HONEST, I AM TIRED OF SEEING YOU LIKE THIS. I WILL LEAVE NOW. DO WHATEVER YOU WANT NOW.” Eunjin walked out of the house angrily.

You were stunned by her words. She was right. You should not be like this. Eunjin had been taking care of you all these days and all you only care is about where ljoe is. You clenched your fist and ran after her, “Eunjin.”

You caught up with her and hugged her, “Sorry. Sorry Eunjin. I am just silly. I should not be like this. Sorry, I just got carried away because of oppa. I love oppa so much that I just can’t face the fact that he left. I promised, I will be strong again. “

Eunjin smiled and pulled back, “Yah, this is the minhye I know. “ She raised her hands and stretched out a pinky finger, “Promise me, you will start to register for high school and lead your own life from now on.”

You stared at it for a while. Eunjin fake cough a bit and glare at you. You smiled and hooked her pinky finger with yours, “Promised!”