#IZONEMyWorldMyLight (AnKo)

Another Night to Illuminate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ah, it seems that my palm is bleeding.”

A monotonous voice exclaims as she raised her jagged palm which has a shard of broken glass stabbed inside. Instead of groaning in agony, the woman just stares blankly at the shard while thinking of ways to ease her pain. At that moment, a jolt of signal beamed inside her head, making the woman stood in silence for a second before breaking a grin while exclaiming, “Oh well! This is a reminder to me to always being cautious and do not work without any protective glove!”

After spouting such words, the woman shudders in her place while flashing an ecstasy look as she sniggered alone.  Her behavior however didn’t deem as weird within the society as everyone more or less is acting just like the woman. Sitting at the corner of an abandoned street, a child with ragged clothes just spat out while throwing her disgusting gaze towards the bunch of people who are feeling high after giving a positive response to anything their face.

It’s 5051, an era where a near utopian society is formed by a group of peace-lover humans. They decided that it will be great to make an optimist society, enabling a law where people's brains are implanted with cybernetic devices that review their thoughts, remove the negative ones, and offer pleasing stimuli in response to the good ones. Fortunately, Nako manages to evade facing such an implant due to her unplanned birth by some of the government’s officials. Instead, she is abandoned inside a trash can of an eatery where she is raised by a gang of alley cats.

What happened to the optimistic society?

They are all busy praising each other and offered Nako good words instead of helping her. How will they help her when they are all occupied with the pleasing sensation is running through their body? Heck, even animals can act better than them as this group of stray cats is actually giving Nako some food which they got from rummaging the trash can.

If anything, Nako wishes to have this disgusting society snap out from the momentary pleasure and instead act like a proper human for once. Well, Nako isn’t so sure about how normal people operate but she does have a gist about it. Most of her thoughts are based on Nako’s close observation of the cat’s behavior where sometimes, the cats will have a fight but will band together to fight some dogs.

Today is another plain day for Nako who is wishing to obliterate this unsightly society as she is busy rummaging through the dumpster to find something in fulfilling her grumbling stomach. If anything, Nako finds herself feels at a peace in this dumpster area; a place where thos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter