#LeanOnUsIZONE (DimKwon)

Another Night to Illuminate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You are a disgrace to our family! How about you disappear from our eyes and die?”

Shielding herself from the mockery and hateful speech, the girl covered her head using her tiny hands and running into the bushes; away from aerial attacks from her family. Indeed, she is a fairy; the species that is live inside a hidden kingdom deep within the woods.

The mockery didn’t exist when she is small, though. She spends her time playing around happily and spends quality time with her siblings as well as friends. They are close and even spend most of their time guessing what kind of wings will sprout once they hit puberty; that is when they reach 15 years old.

Chaewon once said that she really wants a pair of mint coloured wings that will shine dazzlingly whenever lights refracted on it. She imagines spending time with her friends, picking up some berries and flying around, letting the wind bringing her to the vast sky. However, her wings never grew.

At first, people comforted her, telling Chaewon that maybe she is just a late-bloomer, that her wings will grow, eventually. It didn’t.

Slowly, her friends and family leave her one by one. They take flight using their brilliant wings and choose their mates while Chaewon is being left on the ground, with no one to share her heart. Soon enough, people are scorning her for the inabilities of having wings on her back. They threw dirty words at her and she tried to withstand those mean attitudes.

But not today.

It’s been 5 years and Chaewon already accepted that her wings might never grow. Thus, she decided that it is wise for her to leave this kingdom. After all, nothing left for Chaewon as her own family and friends shunned her. She decides to leave quietly as no one will actually care after all.

Enough is enough.

Setting on her new journey at the break of the dawn, Chaewon carefully following her planned path, hoping that she will find a companion in her journey. Maybe finding someone that will not belittle her for not having wings.

It took her a few weeks until she found someone who is lying on the ground with a bleeding head. Being a good Samaritan, Chaewon utilized her healing ability and aid the unconscious person. She noticed a bow and a stack of arrow beside this unconscious fairy; Chaewon regards that maybe this fairy is injured while trying to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter