#MakeItWithIZONE (SakuYul)

Another Night to Illuminate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yul, we are in the red again this month.”

A voice chimes at the girl who is planting her face on the counter of her toy story shop. Business is slow in the era of big-box stores as well as the e-commerce boom. Yuri had done everything she can to ensure that her shop will survive and this Christmas will be her last bet to decide either her shop will be able to take a break or she herself will end up homeless during New Year.

“Minjoo-ya, I think you better go and find another job before this place collapsing,” She heaved a sigh while holding her head towards the girl with midnight blue hair who is busy arranging new toys on the shelves. Kim Minjoo, her lifelong best friend has the capacity to become a well-known face in the entertainment industry but chooses to stay with Yuri while working on the toy story shop. Whenever Yuri asked Minjoo about her decision, her friend just grinned while saying, “There are a lot of ways to entertain people. Operating toy shop with you is one of it.”

Sure, Yuri is feeling grateful that Minjoo is here to help her manage the store. However, she didn’t have the heart to let her friend struggle with her when Minjoo can easily attain a better life if the woman didn’t work with Yuri.

“Yul, whatever you think, toss it aside at this moment. I choose to be here, okay? You don’t need to worry about me. Hey, how about we think of a promotion for the upcoming holiday?”

“Sure, why not?”

Carving a smile on her face, Yuri can just sigh while tilting her head at the stubborn woman. Others might say that Minjoo looks fragile and fall into the timid type. Oh, they are so wrong. Yuri never meets anyone who has stronger perseverance than Minjoo. On top of that, her friend is also attentive as well as stubborn. Once the girl with midnight blue hair sets her mind on something, Minjoo will make sure to do anything and whatever it takes (as long as it didn’t defy the law) to achieve her goals.

As they both are busy exchanging thoughts, Yuri’s eyes are directed towards the candy shop across her toy story lot. That place is swarming with customers, making Yuri wished for some miracle to happen to her shop too. She blurted, “I wish we can be as successful as the candy shop. The owner is pretty, her shop is thriving. What a life, right?”

“Well, thank you for the compliment. I think you are pretty too.”

Words couldn’t describe Yuri’s surprise as she turned her head towards the human embodiment of pink with a strong sweet scent is standing in front of her with a wide smile. Yuri thinks that she might forget to breathe as she blinked a few tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter