#900DaysWithIZONE (OT12)

Another Night to Illuminate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chaeyeon, do you copy me?”

A robotic voice chimes from her headset, making the girl wince at the operator’s tone. She touched the mute button before blasting music throughout her spaceship while humming along with the rhythm.

“Lee Chaeyeon! The operator just bugging me and said that you cut the call again. How many times I warn you not to do that?”

A fuming voice stormed inside her operating cockpit, making the girl with long, red hair flinched while blinking at her captain who looks like a mad bunny. Showing her gummy smiles, Chaeyeon scratches her neck while mumbling, “That’s because the operator is annoying. I wouldn’t mind listening to some melodious voice instead of that boorish, monotonous one.”

“Yah, Chaeyeon-ah! I heard that the operator is complaining again! Why don’t you go on a date with her once in a while?”

Another raspy voice chimes inside the spaceship, revealing a girl with bun-hair strutting inside the room while munching on a pack of gummies. Glaring at her comrade, Chaeyeon just growled while rolling her eyes, replying, “No, thank you. I’d prefer dating a Martian, that will be more exciting.”

“Really? Just say that you didn’t want the boss to restraint you through his daughter. I’d say that the operator is quite a beau in my eyes.”

A sleepy voice entered the spacious operating room while dragging along her blanket while stifling a yawn. “Yujinnie! You can date the woman if you want,” Chaeyeon huffed while turning her seat back to the front, fingers are busy dancing across the holographic board. She wears a serious expression while searching for any sign of sentient life on this new planet that she and her team is dispatched to investigate.

“Everyone! I receive a signal of life!”

Another hurried voice stumbled into the room, revealing a girl with curly, short hair who is breathing hard and flaring her button nose while waving a piece of paper.

“Chaewon isn’t wrong. I have another signal from my area too,” Another sweet voice chimes in, revealing a long, blonde-haired girl that exudes an aura of royalty inside the room. Clapping her hands, Eunbi the captain called her crew and ordered them to gather at the center of the operating room for a quick instruction to tackle the situation in their hands.

“Everyone! I hope that we remember our rules when we agree to be dispatched on this mission. What is it again?”

“Rule number one is to not engage with any sentient life!”

Other five-voice chimes in, responding to Eunbi’s question who is nodding in satisfaction. Chaeyeon scratches her nape while pursing her lips, questioning, “So? What do we do? It is a rare occurrence for a planet to be the home to other creatures. Didn’t this mean that this planet is habitable? Then, we can call our mission is a success?”

“Indeed. We are here to find a new place to live for the people on our home planet. Now that we find some signs of living creatures, shouldn’t we catch some of them for analyzing purpose?”

Yena added her opinion while staring at Eunbi who seems perplexed by their findings.

“Hmm… Chaewon-ah, Tomi-yah, can you both explain in detail about the living creatures’ signal? I need to know every single thing you both know before making any decisions.”

As they are all listening intently to the in-depth explanations from both Chaewon and Hitomi, they discovered that both the signs showed a wildlife characteristic but they didn’t want to gamble about the intelligence level of this unknown creature. One wrong step, they might drag their home planet into an intergalactic war; a thing that they want to avoid to protect innocent life on their planet. Heaving a deep sigh, Chaeyeon whipped her stares towards the captain who has a divided look painted across her face.

“How about… I go alone and investigate about this? Like, by right, I am one of the fastest runners in her and with my flexibility, I can squeeze out in any pinch situation and run back to this spaceship. If things taking a worse turn, you all can head back home first and I’ll try to extract more information before making my escape,” Volunteering herself, Chaeyeon didn’t find any loophole in her suggestion but her friends seem to have different thoughts from her as they retort Chaeyeon’s plan with all their might.

“Eunbi unnie, you will let me go, right? This is the best course of action for the sake of our team as well as humanity!”

“I’ll give you 3 days, Lee Chaeyeon. Come back here as fast as you can within the time limit, got it?”

Nodding her head, Chaeyeon left her room and started equipping herself with numerous weapons and gadgets to aid her in collecting samples of this planet’s creatures. Bidding her friend’s goodbye, Chaeyeon didn’t hesitate to head towards the last place they detect the signal. Her body felt as light as a feather as she glides through the purple forest before halting abruptly upon hearing a low growl coming from a nearby cave. Hiding in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter