#AnywhereWithIZONE (Wingz)

Another Night to Illuminate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Will you be fine sleeping alone tonight?”

A small voice greeted the lanky figure who is hesitating in front of her bedroom. Gulping at the bunny-like girl, Yujin grinned while flashing her thumbs up, “Your sister is a brave person, Wonnie. Don’t you worry, I can handle this.”

“Pssh, the bravery of 7 years old surely is different, huh?”

“You’ll understand it next year, sis. Now, just go back to your room and sleep, or else you’ll only grow as tall as a beansprout.”

She replied while pecking her sister’s crown before waving Wonyoung’s goodbye. Yujin by any means isn’t a coward, she is the bravest among her friends and often winning test of courage too. However, there are only a few instances that Yujin finds a bot difficult to confront. One of them is the mysterious knocking on her window every midnight of her birthday.  She was five when the things happened and already experience it twice, both of the time, she couldn’t even find the perpetrator behind this silly prank.

“It’s okay, nothing gonna happen tonight. Maybe it’s just some branches blown by the breeze,” Yujin reassured herself before stepping inside her room. That night, the same knocking visited her again, giving Yujin a peculiar nightmare which she usually had on her birthday.

***

[13 Years Later]

“Yujinnie, good morning!”

A chirpy voice coming from a beautiful teen who is about to be as tall as Yujin. Trying to carve a smile at her sister despite these pounding inside her head, the outcome is somewhat like a villain smirk plastered on Yujin’s face. “You sure seem… Different, sis. Come on, don’t you tell me that you have a nightmare on my birthday?” Wonyoung pouted at her sister while reaching for a slice of toast from the island counter.

“You bet. It’s just too grotesque and eerie, thank goodness there’s a savior that helped me from being ravaged by those monsters.”

“Oh! Finally, are having your soulmate dream already? Gee, I wish I had one too.”

“Soulmate my . I think it is more towards a guidance dream giving that I had a chilly vibe watching behind my savior’s back,” Yujin flicked Wonyoung’s nose before munching her sandwich. In this world, people rarely dream but once they do so, it will only give them hints about their life; a partner, a future job, anything that will act as a prophecy. For Yujin, she prefers to call all of it a premonition because not all of those dreams will come true. It will only hint about events that will unfold later in people’s life. Whatever the person does to interpret the dream is solely on them.

After spending the whole day celebrating her sister’s birthday, Yujin finally standing in front of her bedroom again. For the past years since she was five, the knocking keeps on coming on the day of her birthday but when Yujin tried to search for the source of knocking, she found nothing. She is exhausted by this mysterious knocking which makes Yujin hates her birthday more than anything in this world.

Sitting by her bedside, Yujin took a deep breath while stealing a glance at the monochrome wall clock which is ticking the second hand closer to midnight. This time, Yujin decided to confront whatever is bothering her for the past decade. Clenching her short sword, the girl gulped hard while staring at the clock.

She instantly leaped from her bed and lunged the shining blade towards the window as soon as the midnight bells from the nearby church resound. She thought that her effort will be all for naught like the previous years but then, Yujin can feel her blade graze something solid which grunts at her attack.

“Why do you attac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter