#WalkingToReachIZONE (KangBi)

Another Night to Illuminate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Agent Kang, congratulations on your mission completion. You may now return to the Capital and report about the information you gathered as soon as you can.”

Humming her answer the woman with a mole on the bridge of her nose heave a deep sigh as she ended the call. Pocketing her freezing fingers inside her trench coat, she threw a gaze in the starless sky while strutting among the crowds who are in turmoil upon finding their mayor was killed brutally with his head is hanging in front of his gate. People are busy discussing the group whom they thought is targeting for the Mayor’s head in their small district.

It isn’t a big deal for Hyewon as she is used to ending anyone’s life under her superior’s order. Born on the streets in the slum of the Capital (formerly known as Earth but that term wasn’t used for long since the unification of countries as a result of World War X), she learned to grow up and adapt fast in any situation. Every day is either ride or dies situation for her and she didn’t mind it as long as she got to live. Even though she is a slum dweller, Hyewon isn’t a girl without a dream. She yearned for a living away from this suffocating city. Living as a farmer sounds ideal for her, surrounded by lush green forests with her farm animals. In short, she just wants a peaceful life, a polar opposite from her current living condition.

Growing up as a slum dweller, Hyewon couldn’t help but end up in the inner circle of a powerful gang made up of smugglers and hitmen, and political informants. As she takes on more infiltration jobs, living half a dozen different lives on half a dozen different planets, each with its own perks and challenges, Hyewon is fascinated by the work. Even so, she still longed for the day when she amassed enough fortune to break free from the organization and started her independent life.

She had a deal with her boss that once she completed a hundred high-profile jobs, Hyewon will be able to quit her job and live as a normal citizen. Today marks her 100th job completion and she couldn’t hide her elated feels from surfacing in her eyes. With light steps, Hyewon arrived in front of the headquarters of her gang and swiftly moved towards the highest floor to meet her boss.

“You are finally here! Good job in finishing the stubborn mayor’s life. I hope that you taped his final moment in a video,” a bald, old man snickering devilishly as he patted his pot belly stomach. Hyewon wears her stoic face while handing a pile of documents alongside a stack of DVDs for the rickety old man as well as a thumb drive before uttering, “I’ve completed the deal as we agreed 20 years ago. Now I understand you will fulfill our contract, right?”

“Sure, sure! Just head back to your place and you are a free woman as of tomorrow. Thank you for your hard job and good luck in starting your new life.”

She felt something is wrong when the bald old man is in an awfully good mood but then, it isn’t her job to know more than she should. Turning her back from the room, Hyewon hurriedly headed back to her small unit to pack up her belongings. She had been waiting for this moment to arrive since forever. Waiting for another day isn’t that much for her.

Nightfall approaches rather quickly as Hyewon is lying on the floor, trying to shut her eyes and greet a new tomorrow that is filled with countless possibilities. As she is about to drift off, her ears perked upon hearing faint footsteps resound in front of her door as well as the window. Grabbing her hidden dagger, Hyewon swiftly slit the throat of her ambusher, spraying blood across the room while gliding through space, and grabbed a handful of hair of her intruder. Aiming the pointy knife on the popped vein of her attacker, Hyewon growled, “Who send you?”

“T-The Inquisitor was informed about your notorieties and warrant a bounty on your head for a ing 20 Billion gold coin!”

Jerking her eyebrows, Hyewon noticed that there are symbols of the Inquisitor; a force embodied by law enforcer to apprehend criminals like her who orchestrated assassination service that targeted several high-profile individuals. Analyzing the information that she gathered from this greenhorn Inquisitor, Hyewon smirked as she can guess the person who reported her while putting such a ridiculous price on her head.

Slitting this newbie’s throat, Hyewon stuff her belongings and stashed them away at her hidden spot before heading towards the headquarters of her former gang and barging inside the room. The bald old man is startled at her appearance as he is cowering in fear at the sight of blood-soak Hyewon. Clattering his teeth, the rickety boss asked with a trembling voice, “H-How c-can y-you survive t-the ambush?”

Heaving a sigh, Hyewon muttered, “If you put the bounty price after my accumulated wealth, of course, I can take a guess who is the culprit that tried exterminate me. Now, go to Hell!”

With one clean slash, Hyewon ended her ex-boss life and about to leave his room. However, her step is halted upon the presence of intense bloodlust coming from the door. Retreating her steps, Hyewon tried escaping through the window but her effort is all for naught as her consciousness suddenly fading away.

***

“Ugh, what is this?”

Upon coming back to her sense, Hyewon finds herself being restrained on a bed with an intense cadence of light penetrating her eyes. Squinting hard, she barely makes out figures that surrounded her who are snickering at the sight of tied Hyewon. Still, she can recognize the Inquisitor’s badge and snarl fiercely at them, “What do you want from me?”

“Kang Hyewon, 22 years old. Possessing multiple identities and in charge of multiple assassinations for the past 20 years. Seriously, how did you even survive?”

“If you are here just to execute me, just do it fast!”

“Slow down, tiger. We are here to propose a deal with you,” a woman that seems like a leader of this pack of sharp-looking scientist stepped in front of Hyewon while pushing her spectacles using her middle finger.

“What deal?”

“You are famous for being able to infiltrate any place flawlessly but your method took years before you can co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter