#OurFutureWithIZONE (YenTomi)

Another Night to Illuminate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ugh, where am I?”

A soft groan reverberates inside the room as soon as a ghastly girl fluttered her eyes open. White ceiling greeted her first view as well as stinging antiseptic scents intruded her flaring nose. She tried moving her aching muscles but incapable of doing so as her entire body feels numb.

“Yena? Yena! You are finally awake! Doctor! Nurse! My Yena is already awake!”

Rumbling of footsteps echoes throughout the space as the girl moved her retina at the group of people wearing white coats that are surrounding her. One of them is using their index finger as well as a thumb to widen her eyes while pointing a light into her cornea.

“Miss, do you remember who you are?”

Name? On what basis do they think that she couldn’t remember a simple thing like her name?

“My… Name… Is… Choi Yena.”

It is weird, feels parched and that voice isn’t sounding like her at all. It is so scratchy, as if the sound of a quacking duck.

“Do you remember the last thing that happened before you passing out?”

At the question, Yena frowned hard. She asked herself, did something happened for her to end up on the hospital bed?

She tried recollecting her jumbled memories before a bright light as well as deafening cries filled her head, sending jolts of pain sensation throughout her body. She didn’t realize that she is clenching the doctor’s coat tightly, as the poor health practitioner is turning blue while gasping for air.

“I’m sorry I… I only remember that we are colliding with a truck that comes from the opposite lane. M-my friend didn’t have enough time to evade that bullet-speed truck as it hit us head on,” Yena muttered as she slowly recollected the feels of shattered glass pierced inside her flesh, stinging scent of leaking petrol as well as the sight of her bloody best friend. She then twitched her eyebrows as she just remembered about her best friends.

“My best friend! Chaewon. How is she? Did she wake up yet? How come she didn’t pay me a visit?”

As soon as she blurted the question, the atmosphere inside the room turned gloomy. To be honest, Yena dislike this and turned towards her mother for an explanation. The old lady pursed her lips while reaching out for Yena’s hand that is having a needle punctured to connect the IV drip with forlorn eyes.

“Chaewon didn’t survive the crash, Yena-ya. She pushed you outside of the car first and the vehicle blown into pieces before the firefighter arrived.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter