#LightUpTheSkyIZONE (JangChae)

Another Night to Illuminate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Miss Jang! Are you doing fine?”

An angelic voice coming from the dazzling albeit shorter police officer making Wonyoung grinned as she greeted the woman with her biggest smile.

“Officer Kim! I’m doing good, the burglars didn’t get to steal anything.”

“No, it’s not about the stolen things. I’m asking if you are injured anywhere. Do you want me to take you to the hospital for a check-up?”

Wonyoung is having a hard time controlling her feelings upon hearing the woman with hazelnut color eyes who is staring at her with concern looks. Spreading her arms, Wonyoung is twirling in front of the officer, giving the girl with reddish hair a good look at her condition which is free from any injury.

“I’m fine, see?”

“Is that so? I’m so glad that you and your shop are doing fine. It’s worrisome to see my favorite café is being aimed at by the burglar. Must be the combination of tasty food and beautiful owner making them targeting your shop.”

The bunny-like girl is startled at Chaewon’s words. She isn’t sure whether the officer intentionally talks like that or Chaewon is just being polite and is too good while dealing with people.

“Alright then, Miss Jang. I’ll leave your shop now so that I won’t disrupt your business.”

“W-wait! Let me brew you a cup of coffee as a token of gratitude for coming here.”

She is wondering whether she sounds too desperate in making Chaewon stay but fortunately, the officer didn’t mind staying for a few more minutes while humming beside the counter. Wonyoung is elated upon seeing Chaewon’s lovely figure standing in front of her. She imagined both of them as a couple who manage the café, occasionally flirting with each other while attending to the customer.

“Wonnie, you already shake that thing three times. Just go and give Officer Kim her order.”

“Jeez, Yujinnie. Let me have some fun.”

Wonyoung pouted at her sister which is also the co-owner of this café. Yujin is the embodiment of life that Wonyoung wanted, having their partner working alongside them while enjoying themselves doing something that they loved. She sometimes feeling jealous watching over Yujin and Nako’s sweet gesture towards each other as the couple is bickering in the kitchen. Pushing those thoughts aside, Wonyoung bounced her ways towards Officer Kim who is busy staring blankly into space.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter