#BrightLightForIZONE (2Won)

Another Night to Illuminate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kids! Didn’t I tell you not to sneak out at night?”

A roaring voice accompanied by a blinding light coming from a flashlight befalls upon a group of children that already scampering away with a loud laugh. She can feel her patience is slowly shedding away but she also didn’t have the heart to scold them too much today. The girl with curly hair thought that she might need to be lax in some area or someone will come and criticize her way of disciplining the kids in this camp again.

“Chaewon, if you keep on yelling like that, you will replace Eunbi as the tigress counsellors in here.”

Talk of the devil. The person that she wants to avoid the most suddenly appeared from the back of the woods, carrying piles of dried branch in her lean arms.

“Hyewon-ssi, don’t tell me that you are also joining the children in breaking their curfew?”

“Let’s just say that we are all bonding under the starry sky before a tigress come and chase us away,” Instead of answering her question, the fellow counsellor with straight hair smirked while striding towards Chaewon. Upon reaching closer, Hyewon winked at Chaewon while flashing a mini heart using her fingers before plodding away.

“What is wrong with her?”

Gritting her teeth, Chaewon is grateful that the dark surroundings helped her hiding the apparent blush that intruded on her small face.

***

It’s almost the end of summertime; also, the time for Chaewon to resign from working in this camp together with her fellow counsellor, Kang Hyewon. Spinning her black ballpoint, Chaewon pouted while reminiscing on a question that a kid from her team asked earlier, “Miss, have you heard about the legend of the old oak tree at the back of our campsite? Apparently, it can make a wish come true every summer. Why don’t you try wishing upon it for your crush to realize your feels?”

“What feels?”

She groaned while resting her head against the desk. So, even a 10-years old can tell that Chaewon is whipped for her co-worker but is too damn scared to confront her feelings. In other words, she is a coward.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter