#HoldOurHandIZONE (Tom & Jerry)

Another Night to Illuminate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let’s end this. You and me, we are never a good match in the beginning,” those heart-wrecking words flew smoothly from the lip of a person that she trusted the most. Where did all of their promise to be there for each other through high water or hell go to?

She didn’t have the answer.

Being left behind, Sakura holds her tears before running away into the depth of the holy forest; a ground that people can visit anytime and have a conversation with the deity. Yes, in her world especially this hometown, deities are renowned for being able to bestow their blessings upon people who are praying sincerely.

Honestly, she can see the break-up is coming from miles away. Her partner had been throwing not-so-subtle hints after all. It is her who keep on having faith in her partner, hoping that everything is just inside her head, that she is just thinking too much.

She isn’t.

It is at the break of the twilight, no one is around during this time as they are busy preparing for dinner. It is different for her. She has no one else by her side. Sakura grew up all alone as far as she can remember. Through the benevolence of the townspeople, she is able to survive and eventually learning the meaning of love.

She thought that her life is already set in stone, that she will start a beautiful family with her partner. That they will raise their small version of human together.

But she is wrong.

Apparently, some of the people are uneasy due to her unclear origin. People also hate her and calling her names, accused Sakura of being pretentious and all. In fact, she is just trying her best to live and not bother anyone. However, it seems that people took it in the wrong way.

Shedding her tears, Sakura realized that she is already kneeling in the middle of the deity’s statues. Moonlight falls directly on her, making Sakura clasped her hands and whispered, “I wish that I have enough power to protect myself, that I am able to finally gain honour and never being ridiculed again.”

“My Child, your prayer has been heard. We deem that you are a suitable person to possess this power. Use it well, Child.”

That is a story of 250 years ago, back when Sakura is just a naïve girl who just wants to be love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter