#IZONEAcrossMilkyWay (Annyeongz)

Another Night to Illuminate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Told you, soon enough I’ll be on the TV. Just wait until I do so, okay unnie?”

A lean girl running along the hallway while grabbing a piece of crumpled paper inside her hands, heading towards a room at the end of the corridor. Bursting open the door, she tried stabilizing her ragged breath before beaming her goofy smile towards the girl who is resting on the bed.

“I did it! I finally able to bag a major deal with that station.”

“Oh, Yujinnie. You arrived earlier than I expected,” a weak voice replied while trying to shove something behind the pillow, but the tall girl noticed and quickly pulled the small piece of cloth away from her sister. Her reaction turned sour after seeing blotches of fresh blood on the white sheet.

She couldn’t help but feel a tinge of helplessness upon seeing her beloved sister, the last remaining living relative of hers is slowly dying on the hospital bed. Yujin thought that the world finally is by her side when she can bag a deal for her newest tv show. She had been working for years to reach this point; all the hard work is dedicated to her sister so that Sakura will be treated in a better place.

“Yujinnie, I am glad that you are here with me. Promise that you will live happily even when I’m not around, okay?”

“What are you saying? You aren’t going anywhere, unnie!”

She can feel her hands are shaking vigorously when those pair of doe-like eyes slowly glued to each other and the machine beside her sister is beeping slowly. Punching the button behind her sister’s bed, Yujin couldn’t fathom the chaos when a group of people wearing white uniform rushing inside Sakura’s room.

Everything went in a flash, and Yujin couldn’t do even a thing to help her sister. She can only monitor the movement of the wavy lines on the vital signs machine slowly turning into a flat line before a long, deafening beep breaks the silence. The gloomy sky flashes its lighting before a loud thunder strikes down and drowns the doctor’s words as they announced her sister’s death.

The world has lost its meaning with the departure of her sister. Yujin is emotionally numb. Tears wouldn’t come out from her eyes anymore as she felt extremely tired to continue living in this world. Sakura’s last words are still ringing inside her head as she stands facing the Han River, staring into the depth of the still water.

“Promise that you will live happily even when I’m not around, okay?”

She couldn’t dare to erase the last words from her sister, but how can she live happily? Yujin can’t even laugh ever again since the passing of her sister. The TV deal that she had also is put on hold to give space for Yujin in collecting her thoughts before proceeding with the contracts and all.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter