#ToOurIZLAND (2Kim)

Another Night to Illuminate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s the end of fall, a phase that most people find that is peaceful and melancholic. To some, it is a season of heartbreak; or at least it is for Chaewon’s best friend who currently is bawling her eyes out after finding out that her partner is cheating on her.

“I… That bastard… Cheating on me…”

Nodding at the girl’s hiccupping, Chaewon reached out for a new box of tissue before wiping Minjoo’s snot away from the reddish nose. This isn’t the first time for her pretty best friend to face a heartbreak; maybe it’s every semester occurrence since the day they set their foot into university. Well, both Chaewon and Minjoo had been a pair of best friends since kindergarten and it is a part of the shorter girl with button nose daily routine to check on Minjoo.

Pressing on the bridge of her nose, Chaewon using her thumb to wipe away Minjoo’s trickling teardrops while her other hand is holding a piece of tissue on Minjoo’s nose. “Blow on this,” she uttered before a loud trumpet noise filled the room. Using the back of her hand to push her thick, golden-frame spectacle, Chaewon heaves a sigh before tossing the used tissue into the small dustbin beside the bed before patting Minjoo’s head.

“I can’t believe that my luck is terrible. Is it hard to find someone who is loyal and only have me in their eyes?”

“Hm… I wonder about that, Minjoo-ya.”

Chaewon pursed her lips before carving a half-smile. To be honest, she can barely hold her anger towards the bastard that dare to hurt Minjoo. What is there lacking in her best friend?

Kim Minjoo is the pinnacle of the best partner anyone can ever wish for.

At least, that is the case for Kim Chaewon.

To be honest, Chaewon harboured feels towards Minjoo since middle school. Yes, since that long time ago. However, her best friend for life didn’t seem to decipher Chaewon’s feels. The girl couldn’t tell whether it is a fortunate event or vice versa.

Her other close friend, Yena, told Chaewon to confess to Minjoo and set things clear for both of them, but the girl with a button nose refuses to do so. Her reason?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter