#OneLightIZONE (MadMakz)

Another Night to Illuminate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“M-My name is J-Jang W-Wonyoung. I-I will s-sing the song I’ll Go to You Like the First Snow sung by Ailee.”

A gentle smile creeps on Eunbi face as she leaned against her black leather swivel chair, staring at this dazzling teenager which had attractive big, round eyes which resembles someone she knows from the past. Reaching out for the mic lying in front of her, Eunbi flicked the switch on, “Hello, Wonyoung-ssi. Don’t be too nervous and just sing like you always did, alright?”

“I-I will try my best, Eunbi-ssi.”

Small chuckles escape from the audience at the young girl’s response that sounds cute. Shaking her head at the audience while signaling them to give the girl time to collect herself, Eunbi run through the girl’s biodata and noticed a few things that pique her interest.

“Wonyoung-ssi, I see that you really love tons of ballad songs. You even want to sing Ailee’s song, care to share with us some story before we continuing with the audition?”

Eunbi tried conversing with the girl so that Wonyoung wouldn’t feel too much pressure and hindered her performance when Eunbi can see the potential radiates from this girl. Wonyoung’s presence reminds Eunbi of a certain someone from her past. Someone who left a huge hole inside Eunbi’s heart as they both separated ways. She should hate that someone but then, she couldn’t bring herself to do so. Thus, when she sees Wonyoung who bear resemblance to that someone, Eunbi tried to search for an answer even when she mostly feels disappointed later.

“I choose these songs as a memento of my mother. She is the one who taught me to sing and often reminds me that in every goodbye, there will be a new hello despite the amount of pain we bear while doing so.”

“But your mom didn’t teach you about stage fright, huh?”

Eunbi swears she is about to throw a hand towards her co-judge if those cameras and audience weren’t here. Fortunately, another co-judge who is sitting on the far left commented, “Oh lord, you dare to throw shades when you yourself weren’t even able to talk during your first audition? I remember…”

The whole auditorium burst into laughter at the famous story involving the non-filtered mouth of Eunbi co-judge. She just follows the flow and laughed along before noticing that Wonyoung seems to be calm and ready to start her audition. However, there is a slight gloomy emotion lingers within the girl’s eyes as she started her singing.

“The girl is clearly nervous.”

“Yeah, her notes are off and she isn’t on beat.”

“What a waste, she had the potential to be a star if she sings better.”

Eunbi pursed her lips at the discussion of her co-judge while she is crossing her legs, considering their opinion. She didn’t want to say anything unnecessary or else, this young girl’s life will be affected and being hunted by the media due to Eunbi’s fleeting emotion. She didn’t want to commit the same mistake twice because she is tired of seeing an innocent life is being treated as an object and received hate just because Eunbi is favoring her. However, she also couldn’t just let such precious talent go away when Eunbi is sure that with a little bit of polishing and practice, Wonyoung can definitely succeed.

“So, what do you say Eunbi?”

“I think she has a star potential.”

“Now that Eunbi said it…”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter