#FlyUpWithIZONE (Kkubi)

Another Night to Illuminate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mrs. Miyawaki, we are sorry to inform you that your wife involved in an unfortunate crash in Zabul while trying to cross the Spin Ghar mountain range…”

Upon listening to the devastating voice over the phone, Eunbi couldn’t process such things as the word crash keeps on playing in repeat within her mind. She felt that the world is spinning quickly around her as she tried grabbing the small desk by her bed to regain her stability. Her lip is trembling uncontrollably as she remembered Sakura’s cheery face as well as their promise to celebrate their honeymoon once the cherry blossom returns from her mission.

“Eun, let’s make sure to make a lot of little us once I am back. It’s hard seeing you living alone while I am away.”

The soft whisper resounds within her mind as Eunbi can still feel the vivid touch of Sakura’s warm touch as well as the signature scent of her spouse; a mix of parma violet, wild hawthorn, cassis, and rose. Closing her eyes, Eunbi reminiscence the time Sakura stubbornly defying all odds just to marry her.

Sparks of realization hit her upon thinking about her beloved partner’s tenacity. If anything, Eunbi is sure that Sakura is safe out there. Her wife must have survived the crash because Sakura is the type to make a miracle happened with her two hands. Determination filled Eunbi’s heart as she can imagine how Sakura is fighting hard to survive in the wilderness, on top of the snowy range while trying to go back home, to come back to Eunbi.

They both always said that their home is within each other, Eunbi finds that her home is Sakura and her taller wife mentioned that Eunbi always been a place where she finds comfort and love. Thus, Eunbi didn’t think twice but book the earliest flight to Afghanistan together with her mountain climbing pack as well as supplies of food and medicine.

“Thank goodness we do go out on mountain climb numerous times before,” Eunbi heave a relieved sigh as she flipped her album photo with Sakura. Her wife might have the tendency to stay at home rather than going outside but never once did Sakura reject Eunbi’s invitation to have a date on top of a mountain. She is thankful that Sakura always showered her with love and going through all sorts of means just to make sure Eunbi is safe and happy.

Now, Eunbi knows that it is her time to return her wife’s good deeds.

***

“Ma’am, I don’t think that it is wise for you to climb up the mountain in this weather.”

A local teen expressed her concern at Eunbi who arrived in this foreign line after hours of long flight. Smiling at the kind teen’s words, Eunbi replied, “My wife is waiting for me. Thank you for helping me but worry not. We will return here as soon as we both reunited.”

Her journey throughout the enormous mountain isn’t easy at a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter