#SpreadTheWingsIZONE (YulYen)

Another Night to Illuminate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh, lord! Why is this small town so dreary?”

A loud raspy voice whines as she groans in frustration over the fact that she will never get to live a high school life which she had been imagined. Kicking some of the pebbles, Yena is cursing at her luck for being stuck in this suburban place where the high school is filled with either dumb jocks or superficial airheads.

Today marks her second-month starting high school and Yena is raring to make her own set of friends, a clique that will be her place to commit something crazy together, living life as a normal teenager. However, she realized that whatever plan she had in her head; she better tosses it away into the nearby river or else she will have a hard time surviving three years of high school.

Not only that, but Yena also ended up landing on the bad side of the captain of her school’s cheerleader when she decided to have a quiet lunch on the rooftop. How can she expect that some girl carelessly lying on the top of the highest and secluded place Yena can find? To make things even worse, Yena actually stepped onto the girl’s wide forehead, leaving a visible imprint on the slightly shorter girl’s skin.

“You, stupid duck! How dare you step on me?!”

The girl’s husky roaring makes Yena flinched a bit before finally registering the fact that this hamster-like woman is calling her a duck. How can people call her that yellowish, waddling creature? Flaring her nostrils, Yena quacked back at the girl, “You are the one who carelessly sleeping around! What do you think school is? A place for you to sleep?”

A snort from the girl makes Yena’s blood boils and she is calculating whether to get rough with this seemingly weak girl or not. However, upon closer look, Yena realized that she is messing up big time with the person which she loathed the most, the police chief’s daughter; Jo Yuri. didn’t want to appear as a terrified duck caught in the headlight, Yena just scoffed at the girl before shrugging her off and jumped from the spot, walking away towards another place.

That thing happened a fortnight ago but Yena for some reason couldn’t shake away images of Yuri from her head. When she thinks about it again, Yena noticed that Yuri had puffy eyes despite her bratty attitude towards Yena.

Why di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter