CHAPTER 54

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313039383038313639302f696d616765732f313661643535303038393162333938343435383634343635323537392e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

BN : "Jeongyeon didn't kiss me, I kissed your wife."

The words echoed to Nayeon, she doesn't even know if she should believe this lie or should we say she can't accept the fact that she could've misread the situation? That she could've made a mistake?

BN : "Please take a seat, I want to properly talk about this with you."

NY : "I'm not here to have dinner with you. Say you're sorry and I'll be on my way."

Bona chuckles. "Don't get me wrong I'm not here to be friends with you nor to make amends with what happened. Do you have a habit of not listening to people? I guess that's why you just went ahead and ask Jeongyeon to get a divorce. You didn't even let her explain things to you."

NY : "I have no time for this. I'll sign the paper and you can have her all for yourself." She calmly said.

BN : "If I can I'll gladly take her but the girl would simply ignore me. Well, it's partly her fault anyway. Instead of saying what really happened that pabo did what you said. I'm not gonna apologize for what I did. I love Jeongyeon, the only reason I'm here with you is to tell you, I kissed your wife. I did it to see if I could win her back just like every time I came back. I thought this time I'm ready to be with her forever and a wedding ring wouldn't stop me."

NY : "What did you say?!"

BN :

BN : "You heard me, the only wrong thing Jeongyeon did was she didn't told you that it was me at fault. That she gave you almost everything you need instead of listening to herself. I'm not sorry Nayeon, not even in the tiniest bit. Do you know why? Because kissing Jeongyeon showed how unstable your relationship is. So, tell me, who broke your marriage? Because from what I noticed even before I came in the scene the perfect relationship you thought you have was already on the brink of breaking. You have your part in this too, don't act as if you are the innocent one here."

NY : "No.... Don't you even dare make this about me. You two were the one caught cheating, not me. I didn't do anything at all."

BN : "Oh really? If you were paying attention to your wife you would've known. You could've stop such thing from happening. I guess that's where you lose, I love Jeong and you were just interested in her."

NY : "The hell are you talking about? You came back a month ago. We've been together for almost 3 years, you know nothing about us."

BN : "Nothing about you two but I know everything when it comes to Yoo Jeongyeon. I assume by now you know who I am. I was the girl who she loved the most. I still remember the days where I would come back and she'll drop everything for me. I was the chosen one, I got picked over and over in any given circumstances. I was you before Ms. Im, we're just equal to her."

NY : "Nothing about us is the same. I was never like you."

BN : "Please. What happened between you two just proved I'm right. Is it really that hard to accept that you actually messed up? Is it that hard to admit you did something stupid? I told you we're just the same. If you really love Jeongyeon then you should've known what she wants by now. All these fancy clothes, the lavish lifestyle, and the attention were never what your wife wanted. But did you ever listen to her? Nothing sets you apart from me."

She takes a sip of her wine and Nayeon just looked at her.

BN : "I know her just as much as you know her or maybe more than you do. If it's something that'll make you happy then she'll do it. She doesn't complain, she doesn't even say what she wants. She's unselfish to the point it becomes a bad habit of hers. So if you think you're nothing like me, I hope you don't make the same mistake that I did. I hope you listen to her when it matters. I hope the glittering world doesn't blind you. I hope when you realized what I'm saying it's not too late because if it is I'll gladly take her away from you."

Nayeon wants to slap her, there's not even remorse in her face. But what's the point of getting into a physical fight with this girl? So instead she took the first step in leaving the place.

BN : "Before you go there's something I want you to know. I love Jeongyeon."

NY : "I heard you the first time." She said turning around.

BN : "I love her so much I went all the way here just to tell you she didn't do anything wrong. Because if I didn't I wouldn't be here and I would have just let your marriage fall apart." *SIGHS* "But God, I just love her so much I'm willing to give up on her. And it's not because I got to destroy your relationship. I did say I didn't regret kissing her but if there's something I did regret, it was hurting her again. I'm giving up because even after that kiss, after what the people have to say towards her or even after that divorce you want to push. She's still thinking of you, she still wants to be with you.

And we both know in this way I don't stand a chance not even an inch against you. I do not like you and I don't think I'll ever will in this lifetime. I mean, how could I? when you get to have her? How could I? when you keep treating her like trash. You're living the life I always wanted to have. A life I failed to choose. You have her and I don't and I'll always hate you for that. I hate you however you don't have to worry about me coming back to do something stupid again, I'm never gonna show myself to you or your wife." She chuckles. "It feels pretty sh*tty calling her somebody else's wife. That aside before I go, let me be selfish one last time. Let me chose her one last time, at least when the time comes that I finally accepted our faith I can tell myself I did my best till the very end. Well, that's just me making myself feel less guilty. So, I'll say it one last time it was all my fault, I hate asking people for things but just listen to your wife. Listen before things really get to their end, stop hurting Jeongyeon."

The older girl didn't say anything anymore, she runs to her car and just sat there in a daze. She's in the process of accepting what the model has said. On the processing of accepting the idea that they did have a problem and it wasn't just because she saw Jeongyeon kissing another girl.

Nayeon wants to get it out of her head, she doesn't even want to hear it again but it seems like someone just wants to make a fool out of her

Nayeon wants to get it out of her head, she doesn't even want to hear it again but it seems like someone just wants to make a fool out of her.

"Stop hurting Jeongyeon."

Her chest starts hurting, she grabs a hold of it as if she could actually hold her heart in her arm. Nayeon rested her head in the steering wheel of her car, she's running out of air to breathe. Then she starts crying as she realizes everyone keeps reminding Jeongyeon not to hurt her but nobody warned Nayeon about hurting Jeongyeon.

Nobody until Bona showed up.

-

The older girl barely made it home in one piece. She's having a hard time processing all this thing she found out. She's still in that part where she's denying to acknowledge what the other girl told her. All of a sudden the door opened, Nayeon got up from the floor and wait in anticipation.

"I'm coming in," Jihyo said.

Dejected, Nayeon got back to sitting on the floor. Jihyo opens the light, it was so bright it was blinding.

JH : "I got some beers, I just wanted to check on you. And to remind you it's been a month, the application for divorce will be nullified in 3 months if both parties haven't signed it by that time." She said approaching the older girl.

JH : "Why are you sitting down there? Sofas were invented to seat on." She said standing next to Nayeon holding two cans of beer.

NY : "Y-you knew the reason, right?" She looked up at Jihyo.

JH : "Why are you crying?"

NY : "I went to see Bona, she told me everything. You knew it from the start, right?"

JH : "Aish, I told Sana not to let you go on your own."

NY : "She didn't know...... I went there on my own."

Jihyo carefully got down on the ground to sit next to Nayeon. She takes a sip of the beer while handing the older girl the other.

She takes a sip of the beer while handing the older girl the other

JH : "Yes, I did know. Everyone knows, what do you think did I do after Jeongyeon called me in the middle of the night just to tell me you two got into a fight? That you ended up crying? Of course, I'd ask her why. But I did smack her first and blame her for everything." She jokes hoping it'll help Nayeon calm down.

NY : "Then why didn't you tell me?"

JH : "First of you were a mess at that time, if you didn't listen to her I don't think you'll listen to anyone else. Second I was there to comfort you, I didn't come here to force you to reconcile with her. I was called to be there for you and lastly, it was something you and Jeongyeon should fix and for that to happen you have to listen to her. I mean the girls did try but you just avoided any kind of conversation that included her name. It's not my fault you're as stubborn as your wife, who would've thought you'll ask for a divorce right away.

NY : "Mianhae."

JH : "Why are you apologizing? It's not like your divorcing me."

Nayeon just looked down and Jihyo knew right away that the older girl has finally realized the wrong things she have made.

JH : "Nayeon, five months is too short."

Nayeon looked at her.

JH : "It's too short to get married. But three years is enough, I know it feels like it's just yesterday but believe me it's long enough for a married couple to fight about something this big. My grandparents used to tell me that for you to decide who you would spend forever with, you have to see them in their highest and their lowest. That you have to know what they're like whenever they wake up late on a busy day or when they burn a fried egg. Unlike other old people who prefer weddings before anything, my grandparents keep on advising me to live with someone first. Which explains why Sejeong and I bought a place together.

You and Jeongyeon did the opposite, you did everything differently than everyone else. You never waited for anything and I guess that's partly why I opposed your wedding the first time I heard it. But in that 3 years, I doubt there's not a day where she didn't woke up on time or hasn't had anything burnt in your kitchen. I'm sure you and Jeongyeon had days where it felt too much and I always wonder why you two never talked about separating, about getting tired of each other. How come when she picks you up it always feels like I'm watching a romantic movie? Cliché but watching you two run to each other at the end of the day proves that true love does exist.

How come when she picks you up it always feels like I'm watching a romantic movie? Cliché but watching you two run to each other at the end of the day proves that true love does exist

Recently I realized what my grandparents wanted me to learn, and that's thanks to you two. Waking up late and burning your eggs will frustrate you all the time. But a person who chooses you would eat that burnt eggs. A person who always chooses you would cuddle with you in bed and wake up late too. It's the way you and Jeongyeon chooses each other all these times that made those three years go by. So I guess when you saw them, you thought Jeongyeon has stopped choosing you. And I understand why you blurted those words."

When Jeongyeon left, Nayeon lost a part of herself. Somehow it felt like she have run out of words too. Before she learned what happened that night, Nayeon lost words to say because she thought she didn't do anything wrong. But after learning what really happened there's only one word she has in mind.

NY : "I-Im sorry." She said as cries.

Sorry, a word that comes out of involuntarily. Suddenly she felt the need to apologize to everyone, to her friends, and her wife.

---