CHAPTER 37

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313039343838353930302f696d616765732f313639316633333138663239323566323335393334313038353132322e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

"Im Nayeon, W-Will you marry me?" The taller girl stutter.

Jeongyeon's whole body trembles as she asked the question. Her lips were turning pale and everyone stops to look at them.

"The last call for all passengers for flight 0103 to South Korea"

"Again, last call for all passengers for flight 0103 to South Korea."

Jeongyeon raises her eyebrows. Maybe asking the older girl's hand for marriage was not a good idea. But no matter what Nayeon's answer is Jeongyeon will never stop loving her.

Even if Nayeon says no, Jeongyeon will never let her go.

The taller girl catches a glimpse of Seoyeon and Nayeon's parents. The three were telling her to ask the other girl again. Jeongyeon clears , took deep breathes, and held the ring with both of her hands.

"Im Nayeon, will you marry me?"

-

Nayeon looks at her, she hasn't said the word but she only has one answer. The awkward pause between Jeongyeon's question and her answer was just because Nayeon was wondering where did Jeongyeon get the ring? What she didn't know was Jeongyeon bought the ring a few days after they got together.

Have you ever love someone so much you just knew she's the one?

Have you ever love someone so much you just knew she's the one?

That's what happened to Jeongyeon. After realizing she's in love with Nayeon, she was certain that if it's not the older girl then she'll just grow old alone. The thought came in, on one of those mornings where she usually gets up early to make breakfast for them.

Nayeon sleeps like a baby, at least that's how Jeongyeon sees it.

Leaving her in bed was the hardest part of every waking day. So instead of jumping out of the bed, Jeongyeon developed this hobby where she stares at Nayepm for 5 minutes before she stands up. 5 minutes where she just memorizes every detail in her face. One morning the taller girl woke up to a sleeping Nayeon. It was cold outside, but the colder the weather gets the warmer Nayeon becomes. She looks at her for more than what she usually does and out of nowhere a thought just crosses her mind.

She wants to marry Nayeon, maybe tomorrow? Or the next day after? They could do it next year for all she cares. As long as it's Nayeon she gets to marry.

So, in order to get married, you have to have a ring. That's what she thought and she knew asking Nayeon for her ring size would just be too much at the moment. The smartest way she thought of doing it is to measure it on its own.

Jeongyeon turns around and starts searching the drawer in her nightstand for something to tie around Nayeon's finger.

All she could find was a red string.

She ties it around Nayeon's ring finger and kept it the whole day until she got the chance to go to a jewelry shop.

"Is this for someone special?" The sales lady ask.

The girl probably didn't notice who she was. Jeongyeon nodded, if she could she'll tell her, she'll tell the whole world. "It's for Im Nayeon." after all, Jeongyeon couldn't see herself buying a ring for someone else.

-

Nayeon takes deep breathes, not because she feels like suffocating. In fact, it was the opposite, her airways were clear. This time instead of people disappearing Nayeon sees every pair of eyes that was looking at them. Not that she cares, all that matters to her is this girl in front of her.

"Im Nayeon, will you marry me?"

The older girl holds her hand. She looks at Jeongyeon like she's the whole world, well, she is her whole world.

"Yes." Nayeon smiles at her.

And after hearing her answer Jeongyeon drop to the floor, her knees have finally given up

And after hearing her answer Jeongyeon drop to the floor, her knees have finally given up. She let's go of this much-awaited sigh of relief. Nayeon crouches in front of her "Isn't this the part where you put the ring on?" She chuckles.

Jeongyeon stands up, pulls Nayeon with her, and slowly puts the ring on. Right then, she realized that she got the right size with the help of that red string.

The ring fits Nayeon really well like how she fits in Jeongyeon's life, perfectly.

"I love you." Jeongyeon whispers to the older girl and hugs her.

"I love you." Nayeon respond.

The older girl just buried her face in Jeongyeon's embrace. It was intimate, for once they didn't care if the world has slow down or stopped. Nothing really matters to them more than what they have right now.

"Unnie I think you just miss your flight."

Jeongyeon and Nayeon look at Seoyeon, both chuckles at the same time.

JY : "Gwenchana, at least I didn't miss this." She said raising Nayeon's hand.

NM : "Guess you'll be flying with her tomorrow, huh?"

JY : "Yes auntie."

ND : "Arraso, we should go. There's a lot for us to discuss."

Jeongyeon nodded back, all of a sudden Nayeon grabs her hand. "It's gonna be alright." Nayeon assured her.

-

And it was, everything turns alright. The first thing Nayeon's father did was ask Jeongyeon if this really is what she wants. The taller girl musters all the courage she could as she answers "There's nothing more I want than this." The older Im just nodded his head and offer Jeongyeon a handshake before embracing her.

The Im's are very open to the situation. All they did was discuss when and where would the wedding be. Before they knew it Jeongyeon and Nayeon were already in an airplane going back to South Korea. One was sleeping peacefully, while the other couldn't even close her eyes.

Jeongyeon couldn't rest even for a bit, she knows it's gonna be a long day. It's not gonna settle down until they address everyone. Never did she realized that getting engaged is stressful.

[SOUTH KOREA; 10:00 AM]

The taller girl grabs Nayeon's bag in the conveyor, a lot of people have noticed them since they got out of the plane. It seems that they're back in their usual life, where everybody knows them. They politely greet everyone with a bow while they made their way out of the place.

They politely greet everyone with a bow while they made their way out of the place


"Are the pictures really you two?"

"When is the wedding?"

Jeongyeon feels this cold sweat running down her back. She badly wants to hold Nayeon's hand but she knew she couldn't. Not while everyone is still watching them.

Not until it's just the two of them.

"Are you okay?" Nayeon whispers to her.

Jeongyeon nodded back.

"You sure?" Nayeon follows up.

Jeongyeon turns to her and smiles. To be honest, there's just nothing the taller girl could say at the moment. Her head is just in a jumble.

*BEEP*BEEP*

Seungyeon and Seoyeon roll down their windows. For the last time this morning, Jeongyeon and Nayeon politely bow and bid goodbye to everyone.

NY : "Thanks for picking us up unnies."

SG : "Anything for our future sister-in-law."

SY : "Mom and dad are waiting back home, you two rest for a bit. And chukahae" (TR : Congratulations) The older girl smile.

Again, Jeongyeon didn't say a word. Nayeon notices it, she knows Jeongyeon's been quiet since they got on the airplane but she just couldn't find the time to ask since Jeongyeon's been looking far away all the time. So instead of forcing Jeongyeon to speak, Nayeon holds her hand. The taller girl looks at her and Nayeon just squeezed her hand tighter.

-

[YOO'S RESIDENCE]

Nayeon didn't let go of Jeongyeon, not even when they got out of the car. Jeongyeon leads her inside, they find the older Yoo in the living room.

JM : "Oh annyeong." She great them happily.

NY : "Annyeon auntie."

JM : "Come on, you should start practicing calling me mom."

SY : "Agree."

Nayeon chuckles. "Arraso, we're back home eommoni."

JM : "That sounded better, welcome home." She said hugging both of them. "Jeong, your dad is in his office. Do you mind grabbing him? We'll prepare lunch."

JY : "Arraso, I'll be right back Nayeon."

NY : "Take your time."

-

Jeongyeon walks into his father's office, he was busy looking up something on his computer he didn't even notice someone had walked inside.

JY : "Appa, lunch is gonna be ready soon."

JD : "Oh, your home. Where's Nayeon?"

JY : "Downstairs with eomma."

JD : "Is that so? Hmm take a sit, I'm just finishing this email then we can go down."

JY : "Arraso."

The younger Yoo watches her dad as he goes through his computer

The younger Yoo watches her dad as he goes through his computer. Now, that she thinks of it her parents have been together for more than 30 years. Growing up she always tells herself that she wants to have a relationship like her mom and dad have.

One that doesn't need words, one that defies all odds.

JY : "Can I ask you a question?"

JD : "Aren't you asking already?"

Jeongyeon chuckles, her mom has always been right. She really does take after her father.

JY : "But..."

JD : "Arraso, you get another chance. What is it?"

JY : "Do you think I rushed into it?" She suddenly became serious.

Her dad stopped what he was doing and looked at her "What?" he asked.

JY : "Do you think I rushed into marriage? You've always told us that time is an investment, that waiting is a sign of patience, of true love. I've always wanted a relationship like yours and mom but here I am not even a year and I already want to marry Nayeon."

JD : "What do you think?"

JY : "Ehhhh? Of course not, before I asked her I asked myself a million times. Even before this, the first time I met her, I just knew she's the only one."

JD : "Did you ask her parents? What did they say?"

JY : "Nothing really, her dad just ask me if this really what I want."

JD : "And?"

JY : "I said this is the only thing I want. Then her dad just shook my hands and hugged me."

JD : "What did Nayeon say?"

JY : "She said yes....."

JD : "So why are you asking me this?"

JY : "Because a lot of people will think of the same thing. That I jump into it without thinking about it."

JD : "Does that bother you?"

JY : "No... But it kinda makes me think about it."

JD : "No matter what other people say, no matter what they think. It'll be just the two of you in the end. It wouldn't matter Jeong, none of it will. The only person you have to listen to is yourself and Nayeon. No matter what comes after that will be your story. Just remember that all of us will be on your side. Me, your mom, your unnies, Nayeon's family, and your friends."

JY : "Thanks dad and I'm sorry."

JD : "I should be the one saying sorry, I didn't have the answers to your questions and you shouldn't be saying sorry for something you wanted. What will Nayeon think if she hears you apologizing for something like that?

You and your sisters know how our story went. I met your mom at college waited almost 5 years to get married. I guess that's the reason why I keep telling you girls that waiting was a sign of true love. But waiting is not the only sign of true love. Along the way, you'll learn something new, something that's not part of our stories. That's something you and Nayeon just have to figure out on your own but I'm telling you now, love is not all about waiting." He stood up and move next to Jeongyeon.

"You said it yourself, Nayeon-ssi is the only one for you. If that's the case there's no need to worry. This is something I never told you and your sister. I've always told you guys that waiting is important. It is but part of that is just so all of you would take your time. The truth is when it comes to love time is just a concept. It doesn't matter if it's a day, a month, or a year. Once you found it, you found it." He said and brushes the younger Yoo's hair. "You love her, right?"

JY : "I do."

JD : "Then instead of following me and your mom, why not make your own story with Nayeon? Wouldn't that be great? Next time you'll be the one to tell your little one about how you met their mother." He smiles at her.

JY : "This really means a lot to me, I'll make sure that everything goes perfectly from here on."

Jeongyeon's dad chuckles. "Just do what you can, Jeong."

*KNOCK*KNOCK*

JD :

JD : "Come in."

The door slowly open then Nayeon walks in.

NY : "Annyeong uncle, auntie said lunch is ready."

JD : "Did they ask you to fetch us? Mianhae, we were just talking."

NY : "Ani, it's just Seungyeon unnie said she's already hungry."

JY : "That pabo, couldn't even wait."

NY : "Jeong...."

JY : "Mianhae, I meant that unnie couldn't wait."

Again Jeongyeon dad's chuckle "Seems like you two will be together for a long time." He said.

JY : "Ehhhhhhhhhhh?"

JD : "Gaja, we don't want your sister throwing a fit." He said pushing the two out of the room. "By the way have you decided on a day?"

JY, NY : "We did!"

---