CHAPTER 30

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313038353038333538362f696d616765732f313638633236376238636361383733343737393030393536393333332e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Jeongyeon woke up to the sweet sound of birds chirping. A part of her face was grazed by the shade of the sun that got into the middle of her curtains, it was warm. It feels like it's been ages since she got a good sleep like this, in short, she hasn't felt this good before she met Nayeon.

She looks around and found a space, she thought Nayeon has stayed. Now, she's just getting confused with what happened early this day. She was too happy it almost felt like she was drunk, she doesn't remember things that well. She wasn't sure which one is part of reality and which of her dream.

What scares her the most is the thought that everything that happened was all part of one big fairytale-like dream.

Quickly she got up. "I'll just call her to make sure." She said to herself. Jeongyeon picks up her phone and calls the girl but the call wasn't going through it seems that her phone was busy.

"Maja! I should just go and check. It'll be quick." She said jumping out of bed and grabbing a jacket.

She doesn't really care if she's still in her pajamas, she just wants to see Nayeon right away. She runs out of her room while struggling to wear her jacket. She hasn't even washed her face, this is how love drives her crazy.

"Ohh." Her eyes grew wider.

"Good morning Jeong, I thought you'll spend the rest of your birthday in bed. And now you're in a hurry to leave? Where are you going?"

Here's the answer to all the questions she got since waking up. Im Nayeon, is in her kitchen wearing one of her pajamas. Her hair was uncombed and her face has no make-up on it.

It's just her plain beautiful self greeting Yoo Jeongyeon in this warm morning.

[AN HOUR AGO]

Nayeon woke up a little later than she usually does. She turns around only to find Jeongyeon clinging to her like a baby. She chuckles as she looks at Jeongyeon's eyes, you can tell she cried a lot it's still swelling.

"Good morning yeobo." Nayeon said as she kissed Jeongyeon's forehead.

"I love you, Nayeon." The taller girl mumbles in her dream.

And just like the first time Nayeon hears her heartbeat. The laughter was replaced by tears. It's not like something hurts, it just felt good to be in Jeongyeon's arm it brought her to tears.

Because it never occurred to her that she'll ever love someone as much as she loves Jeongyeon. All this time she told herself the next time she finds love, she'll be extra careful. That she's not gonna give everything, so if she got left behind there will still be something left for her. Jeongyeon told her before, she doesn't want 100% from her.

But how can she not love Jeongyeon with all she has?

But how can she not love Jeongyeon with all she has?

When every time she looks at her, the storm inside her calms down.

Maybe it's not the ideal thing to do. But whenever she looks at Jeongyeon she just gets this feeling that she wants to give her everything, her all. That it wouldn't matter if there's nothing left for her.

Yoo Jeongyeon is the only risk she's willing to take.

"Get up and I'll make you lunch." Nayeon softly caresses her hair.

Jeongyeon unconsciously smiles at her.

NY : "Arraso, it's your birthday anyway so I'll let you sleep through the morning. I'll be at the kitchen, if you miss me come and get me." She said getting out of the room.

-

"Ohh."

Nayeon turns to greet her, only to find the taller girl rushing to somewhere.

"Good morning Jeong, I thought you'll spend the rest of your birthday in bed. And now you're in a hurry to leave? Where are you going?"

Jeongyeon didn't answer, she walks closer to where the older girl was. She grabs Nayeon and engulfs her in an embrace.

NY : "Hey, is something wrong?"

JY : "Well, I thought I was dreaming. How could you leave me on my own? And what's up with your phone? If you're going somewhere, a phone call will do but I can't connect to you." She said in a pout.

NY : "Uhmmm."

"Omo, just make sure you guys use protection."

Jeongyeon let Nayeon go and tried to look where the voice came from.

NY : "Mom! Do you really have to say that?"

"Mianhae, I was just kidding."

Finally, Jeongyeon found Nayeon's phone on the countertop.

NY :

NY : "Jeong this is my family, usually at this time I call them. Guys this is Yoo Jeongyeon, my girlfriend."

"Annyeong, I'm Nayeon's dad. We heard about what happened last night."

Jeongyeon looks at Nayeon.

NY : "Mianhae, I don't really keep secrets from them." She whisper.

"I'm Nayeon's mom, the root of all the beauty she has."

"You mean the root of unnie's unbelievable confidence?"

NM : "What are you saying? You and your unnie got my face. Oh, this is Seoyeon."

SY : "Annyeong."

JY : "A-annyeong!" She stutter. "Please let me marry your daughter!" She bowed.

And the three of them chuckles.

NY : "Yah! What are you suddenly asking? We just got together."

NM : "Haha I like her."

ND : "Just make sure you don't make Nayeon cry. She looks tough outside but she's really a cry-baby inside."

JY : "Rest assured sir!"

ND : "Ohhh ease up, I don't want you feeling like you're under me. We'll be family soon so you should feel comfortable. I'm actually nice but it'll be a different story if you hurt her."

Jeongyeon just nodded back.

SY : "You're asking her to ease up but threatening her at the same time?"

NY : "Aish, you guys are going too fast we just started dating."

NY : "We know but we're just letting Jeongyeon-ssi know she's welcome in the family. Arraso! We should get going, we don't want to take up any of your time. Jeongyeon please look after our daughter."

JY : "I will auntie."

SY : "Unnie don't give her a hard time."

NY : "Ehhhhh?"

ND : "We'll get going! Have a good day and Jeongyeon, dear happy birthday! Bye."

Nayeon and Jeongyoen bid their goodbyes.

*END OF CALL*

JY : "That's unfair, I wasn't ready." She said hugging Nayeon from the back.

NY : "And what do you mean by that?"

JY : "You know, I could've worn something nicer. Maybe a dress? or even better a suit."

Nayeon chuckles. "Haha, and for what? They're not even here to see you in person. Besides it's not my fault you didn't want to get out of bed."

JY : "Doesn't matter, I should look presentable. So, in that way, they'll trust me with you."

NY : "Pfft, I don't think there's a need for that. You heard what they said, they like you." She said going back to cooking. "Now, go wash your face so we can have lunch."

JY : "Hmm. Your not leaving, right?"

NY : "Pabo..... I'm never gonna leave, and that's your problem now. Gaja."

JY : "Great! I'll be back before you know it."

NY : "Haha arraso."

-

For what seems to belong to other people, is fast to the two of them. Before they knew it, a whole week had passed since they started dating. Nothing is different except Jeongyeon would pick Nayeon up every day and the older girl would usually spend her night in Jeongyeon's place. At some point, she starts feeling like that's where she lives. Mina and Sana never said a word, even before they officially dated this is what the two Japanese always see.

Tonight, Jeongyeon got a private room at one of the popular restaurants in Seoul, she promised to treat the girl's dinner. But that's not what all she planned. The two of them finally decided to tell their friends about their relationship.

Jeongyeon holds Nayeon and the older girl immediately notices something was off.

NY : "What's wrong? Your hands are shaking."

JY : "Just nervous of what they're gonna say. Especially your boss."

NY : "You mean your friends? Stop worrying too much, I don't know what they'll say too but it's okay because I know them. Just trust a little on your family."

JY : "Arraso."

NY : "Besides, it's your birthday party. The girls would be happy for you."

JY : "You think so?"

NY : "Of course, I do." She said as she tightens her hold of the taller girl.

*DOOR OPENS*

CY : "Finally! How could the birthday girl come in late?"

DH : "Maja! We're hungry and Jihyo unnie said we can't eat unless you two are here."

TY : "You two are impatient, can't you see there on a date?" She said pointing at the two entangled hands.

Jeongyeon takes a deep breath then said: "We're dating."

MM : "Hai, hai. Can we start ordering? Dahyun and Chaeyoung are not the only ones who are hungry here."

Jeongyeon looks at Nayeon who smiled at her with her buck teeth and back to the other girls who were busy looking at the menu.

JY : "Ehhhhhhhhh?"

MN : "What now?"

JY : "I said, Nayeon and I are dating. N-A-Y-E-O-N and I."

SN : "We heard you the first time."

NY : "Haha, let it go Jeong. Weren't you worried about what they're gonna say, isn't it good they don't have anything?"

JY : "Ani...... Yah! Jihyo! That's not how you should react. You're her boss, you should be upset or angry. Shouldn't you tell her to break up with me or something?"

JH : "Ehh? Why are you painting me as the villain? What do you think of me?"

JY : "But..." She pouts.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f65376f57366b566a634a6f616d773d3d2d313038353038333538362e313638633239376630313265636537613633353338363133323432312e6a7067

NY : "Arraso, let's sit down for now." She said pulling Jeongyeon to their chair.

Jeongyen sat next to Sana. The girls just continue browsing the menu and pretended nothing new happened. Suddenly she hears this silent giggles.

TY : "Unnie stop laughing." She whisper.

SN : "I can't......." She giggles.

JY : "Why are you laughing?"

And by this time Sana wasn't even trying to hide it. She just laughs as loud as she can and the girls looked at her.

SN : "Mianhae, she's just so cute looking like a puppy wanting attention."

MN : "I told you guys it's a bad idea to let her sit next to Jeongyeon."

JY : "Ehhh what's happening???"

MM : "Well, obviously we were trying to act like we didn't care."

DH : "And we nailed it!" She said throwing a punch in the air.

CY : "Congratulations hyung."

JH : "You really thought we didn't care? Hahaha of course we do, you two are close to us."

TY : "It's just everyone saw it coming. We know even you two knew it was coming."

JH : "So we agreed once you two decided to start dating we'll give you less reaction and since Sana was the first one to crack up.."

DH, CY : "She's gonna buy as dinner!" They said in unison.

JY : "Ehhh but this is my birthday party, I should be paying."

SN : "Don't worry, I don't have money to treat you guys in this luxurious place. You can pay tonight, I'll buy you guys corndogs next time."

MM : "That will do."

MN : "Again, congratulations unnie, Jeong." She smiles at the two of them.

Nayeon grabs Jeongyeon's hand under the table and squeezed it. "See? You didn't have to worry a bit. Everything works out well." She said

JH : "Hep, hep. Not everything, you do know you still need to keep this a secret from the rest of the world right?"

The two of them nodded in response.

JH : "That's unless you're ready to let them know...."

JY : "Are you really?"

JH : "I don't see anything wrong with it but still, some people wouldn't be happy about it."

JY : "Mina?"

MN : "It's not like the big boss can stop you."

JY : "Then let's do it."

NY : "Jamsimanyo (TR : Wait a minute) Aren't you rushing? For now, can't we just keep this for ourselves? I mean...... I like how it just the two of us right now..."

TY : "I agree, once you tell everyone they'll always have something to say."

SN : "Hmmm."

TY : "Don't worry unnie, it's not like I care about it. It does feel good that we're not hiding in secret but it did feel great when it was just a secret. I say you two enjoy it in private for now."

JY : "Arraso, anything you want Nayeon."

MM : "Okay enough with this, I'm seriously hungry."

CY : "Me too."

DH : "Me thr-"

JH : "We know you're hungry, you're always are."

DH : "Ehhhh."

MN : "Haha arraso, we should start eating."

CY : "Ohhh and if it means anything me and Mina unnie are dating."

NY, JY, MM, SN, JH, DH, TY : "Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?!"

MM : "Myoui Mina?????"

SN : "Care to explain?"

MN : "Well, you guys always tease us. So, we assumed you already know."

DH : "Bro?"

TY : "Not even a single word."

CY : "Haha mianhae."

NY : "I knew you two well work it out :)"

JH : "Yeah, just took them forever haha."

JY : "Wait for a second! That's not how you guys reacted to my good news."

JH :

JH : "Oh come on. Just like what I told you everyone saw it coming. We thought this two will start dating after 10 years."

CY : "That's too much."

NY : "Haha at least we know it's not. Congrats to you two."

DH : " Arraso, since everyone is announcing their relationship. I have something to say too." She said holding Momo's hand. "We're dating."

JH : "Pabo, we know, everyone knows. You two can't even keep it a secret."

Everyone starts laughing.

JY : "I guess we have too many to celebrate tonight. So pick whatever you want! Everythings on me!"

DH, MM : "Yey!"

---