CHAPTER 20

THE BEGINNING OF OUR END [2YEON]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f313036333235393031322f696d616765732f313637643262633765326133306366663139303736353130323136322e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Nayeon didn't want to rush into love because she wasn't sure about it anymore. It doesn't hurt like it used to but what she went through was bad she started questioning her worth of being love. She's not even sure if she'll be ready for anything like that ever again. Because all she could remember is being abandoned even though she gave her whole life to it. That's why when she figured out what Jeongyeon meant she was in denial.

Im Nayeon wasn't sure if she can gamble in this thing called love.

*BEEP*BEEP*

The older girl snaps back to reality when she saw Jeongyeon coming out of the car.

JY : "Did I make you wait? Mianhae."

NY : "No you're just in time. We should go before someone sees us."

JY : "Aren't you too excited?"

NY : "Pabo, I'm just being cautious."

JY : "Hahaha arraso." She said as she opens the door. "After you."

NY : "Gomawo"

Soon as she shuts the door Jeongyeon made her way to the driver's side and sat next to her.

JY : "Here you go."

NY : "Wait, I made sandwiches too."

JY : "Ehh you didn't have to."

NY : "I can say the same to you. But I thought at least preparing something in return for you driving today, plus it's not really good to start your day with a gum."

JY : "Well, I figure you haven't eaten breakfast since you're the type to not to. Guess we were thinking about the same thing."

Nayeon chuckles "You prepared a lot today Ms. Yoo."

JY : "Jeongyeon or Jeong."

NY : "I know whats your name is haha."

JY : "I know you do, so today instead of calling me Ms. Yoo call me by my first name."

NY : "Huh? After all this time you want me to call you by your first name? Isn't it a little bit late?"

JY : "It's never too late and I want this to be a normal day. Not between Ms. Yoo and Ms. Im but between Jeongyeon and Nayeon. Today I want you to forget about work, about what you heard and what I confessed. I just want you to be happy with this date."

And how is Nayeon supposed to answer to such a serious declaration? A date? She didn't even though it's going to be a date, all she thought was they're gonna talk about what happened. 

JY : "Mianhae I just sounded like I was some sort of a boss haha. But seriously, I want you to enjoy this if that's okay with you?"

NY : "H-hai."

JY : "What are you stuttering about? Hahaha do I look good today it's making you nervous?"

JY :

NY : "As if! You're full of yourself, pabo."

JY : "Haha that's more like it! Now eat your breakfast and let's go, it'll be a while before we get there so make sure you tell me if you want to stop for restroom breaks."

NY : "Wait, where are you even taking me?"

JY : "I'm obviously taking you to my parents' place."

Nayeon just looked at her.

JY : "You know, if I want to marry you I have to introduce you to my family." She said seriously.

NY : "W-wait you didn't tell me that's what we're gonna do today. I should've prepared more, how could I possibly show myself to your family in this bucket hat and baggy shirt???? I should've at least worn a-"

I should've prepared more, how could I possibly show myself to your family in this bucket hat and baggy shirt???? I should've at least worn a-

JY : "Dress? HAHAHAHAHA Nayeon, I know you're smarter than this."

The older girl finally realized that Jeongyeon was just teasing her.

NY : "Yah! How could you!?"

JY : "Haha it was worth it. At least now I know I have to give you a heads up before we go and meet them."

NY : "Pabo, I can't believe you're lying to me early this morning."

JY : "Ehhh? Who said I was lying? If ever we do start dating, if ever. I'm not forcing the idea on you but if ever we did isn't the goal to get married? So it wasn't a lie sooner or later I'll introduce you to them, maybe as a friend or something more we never know haha."

Nayeon can only sigh in return.

JY : "Hahaha arraso." She puts her hand on the other girl's head and starts messing with it. "Besides your beautiful, as you are, they're gonna love you Nayeon. Even if you're just wearing sweatpants."

NY : "P-pabo... Let's go."

JY : "Hai, hai! "

Not even an hour into their trip and Nayeon has already forgotten about what happened the other day. She forgot about her questions and the things she wants to say to the taller girl.

-

And though it's been a long way and a long time to get to their destination. It never felt far, there wasn't a dull moment when the taller girl is around. Nayeon knows this since she met her, when it comes to Yoo Jeongyeon it's always something.

The taller girl pulled into the parking lot and Nayeon was left in shock.

[EVERLAND]

Nayeon wasn't sure what to feel. Of course, she's happy and excited, who wouldn't? When you're in one of the happiest places in South Korea. But on the other side, she's worried, there at a place full of people.

NY : "And how do you think we can enjoy today? It's a Sunday a lot of families is here to spend their weekend." She looks outside the car.

Jeongyeon didn't answer instead she reached for her bag in the back seat.

JY : "Here wear this." She said handing a mask to the older girl.

NY :

NY : "Huh? This will make us stand out more."

JY : "Haha I did my research and today is a special day! Everland is having a mascaraed theme for today. People will be wearing masks and others even go as far as wearing a costume. It's a yearly event, I've always wanted to go but I can't find the right time. And you are right, there's a lot of people means lesser attention for us. It'll be okay."

NY : "It better be, we'll be in a lot of trouble if people find out. Imagine what rumors the media will spread if ever."

JY : "Let them." She said seriously. "I'll take full responsibility for it if that happens. I mean, what's wrong if they find out? I do like you, matter of fact, let the people know. I don't mind because it's the truth."

NY : "Aish, your stubborn sometimes aren't you? but we still have to be careful just in case."

JY : "Hai! Hai! Now off we go!"

-

"Annyeong! Today's special is the sunset parade." A girl greets them.

JY : "Ohh gomawo." She said in a deep voice.

Nayeon giggles as they walk past the gates, she always finds it funny whenever Jeongyeon tries hard to change her voice.

Nayeon giggles as they walk past the gates, she always finds it funny whenever Jeongyeon tries hard to change her voice

JY : "What are you laughing at?"

NY : "Nothing new, really haha."

JY : "Arraso, here. Give me your wrist."

NY : "Huh?"

JY : "Just bear with me."

Nayeon hands her wrist to the taller girl. Jeongyeon wraps her watch into it.

NY : "Wait, what are you doing?"

JY : "With the help of this, if you get lost I can find you."

NY : "Ehhh? But if I get lost you can always call me or text me. I'm not a grade school."

JY : "Oh come on, as an actress you should know that this is the part where you get lost in the movies. And what's worst is that you run out of battery. With this even if your phone dies I'll be able to locate you."

NY : "Haha Yoo Jeongyeon you're really a pabo. Then what if you get lost?"

JY : "I won't, if ever I did I'll make sure to find my way back to you."

NY : "Hahaha should I ask them to page you? Imagine hearing "Yoo Jeongyeon, Yoo Jeongyeon please come to the front desk." wouldn't that make you look less cool? Haha."

JY : "Hmmmm..... I don't really mind but I think it'll be better to hear, "Yoo Jeongyeon, Yoo Jeongyeon please come to the front desk your girlfriend is waiting for you." Hahaha."

NY : "Pabo."

JY : "Hahahaha it's not my fault it always backfire on you. Let's go it'll be a long day." She said offering her hand.

NY : "And what's that?"

JY : "So you won't get lost."

NY : "Eeeeh? So what's the purpose of your watch?"

JY : "Duh? I'm taking every precaution I could. Stop being a baby I doubt anyone would pay attention to us."

And Nayeon didn't argue with her anymore, she grabs on to her and let Jeongyeon pull her. She didn't say a word not because she didn't like the idea, not because she thinks she'll never win an argument with her.

But because she knows she wants this too, Im Nayeon just wants to hold on to Yoo Jeongyeon for today.

-

Soon enough Jeongyeon forgot to deepen her voice, Nayeon on her own will finds her way back to Jeongyeon's hand whenever they finish a ride. The longer they were together the more they forgot about the people, the place, and the time.

The happier they get the more it became a world that only contains the two of them.

And the people start to look at them, not because they're Yoo Jeongyeon and Im Nayeon but because they make the loveliest couple in the place, a regular couple. Their smiles were contagious and the people find there self glancing whenever the two walk by.

JY : "You said you like extreme rides but whenever we get on one you always hold on to me like you want to rip off my arms haha."

NY : "It's just a spare of the moment it wasn't because I was scared."

JY : "Oh really? Hahaha weren't you throwing a fit, shouting "Let me get out." when the roller coaster started? Who was the one who acted like she was a 10 year old?"

NY : "Shut up."

JY : "Hahahaha! Arraso, you can't even deny it. Do you want to do anything else before we go home?"

NY : "Ehhhhhhhhhhhh? But.... Aren't we watching the parade?"

JY : "Yeah, I mean we can still ride one more thing before it starts."

NY : "Then I want to play."

JY : "Huh?"

NY : "I want to try those shooting games. I want to take that big bunny home."

JY : "Ohhh, don't worry. I, Yoo Jeongyeon will win it for you."

"Did she say Yoo Jeongyeon?"

"I thought so." The people whisper.

JY : "Yoo Janggoo! Yoo Janggoo will win it for her wife."

"Ohhhh I thought she said Yoo Jeongyeon."

"It just makes sense, Jeongyeon-ssi is not married yet." They said and walk by.

NY : "Hahahaha that's what you get for always trying to show off." 

JY : "H-a-h-a less talking more playing." She laughs sarcastically.

Nayeon follows the taller girl.

JY : "Ahjussi one round please."

"Arraso, you get ten balls. 10 for the biggest bunny, 5 for the medium size, and 3 for the smallest."

NY : "What if we don't get one?"

"No worries we'll give you guys candies if ever."

JY : "Just trust me Na..... Nabong. 

NY : "Ehhhh?"

JY : "I'll get you that bunny."

"What a sweet a wife you have. You can start anytime you want."

JY : "Okay ahjussi."

Jeongyeon stands in there, she has this stance that made her look like a professional athlete. The first shoot she made was all net, the second was okay but after that everything won't fall inside the net.

Nayeon starts to laugh, all the build-up just to get a total of three points

Nayeon starts to laugh, all the build-up just to get a total of three points. The older guy gave Nayeon the smallest bunny.

JY : "Hanbeon deo ahjussi." (TR : Once more) She eagerly said.

NY : "Aniyo, we're okay."

JY : "Ehhh but we haven't gotten the biggest bunny."

NY : "Gwenchana, it's almost time for the parade too. Besides, I already love her." She said hugging the bunny.

JY : "Are you sure? I'm sorry, I'm not really good with this. I'm just tall."

NY : "Haha what are you saying? Jalhaseyo Jeong. This is more than enough, gaja?"

This time Nayeon was the one to offer her hand. The taller girl forgot the bitterness of her defeat and held onto her.

-

Jeongyeon stands next to her, they bought this humongous cotton candy on their way to the main street. They ate it while they wait and Nayeon realized something crazy,

Fairytales don't happen overnight. It's built-up with things unbeknownst to you.

Slowly it builds inside you without knowing that this is actually it but before you realized what is happening the story has already started.

You grasp the situation and then you finally realize that the silly coffee's, the stolen glances, and the short time you've been sharing together were part of a bigger story, a fairytale.

But a weary heart will always be weary heart. 

When everything felt perfect, she starts to think about how she acted today. How selfish her choices and how childish she was. All of a sudden she feels these unwanted thoughts creeping into her mind. This is what she meant when she said that she's still trying to fix herself.

NY : "Uhmmm can I ask you something?"

JY : "It better not be going again on that roller coaster. I know you're trying to act tough but I have enough for today."

NY : "Ani.."

And Jeongyeon knew just from the way Nayeon smile fades away. 

JY : "Tired?"

NY : "Ani... I want you to be honest with me, am I too much?"

The taller girl just gazes upon her, like she was a book she's reading.

NY : "We've spent the whole day doing what I want, I even ask you to do things. I guess I was being too childish and selfish at the same time, mianhae."

Jeongyeon gave her the purest smile she has ever seen. 

JY : "All I ever wanted is to do the things you wanted. If you say you want to go on that ride for a hundred times then sign me in."

The taller girl looks at the sun as it bid goodbye to everyone but Nayeon was left staring at her face.

JY : "I guess they were right when they said when you find someone you want to be with it'll never be enough. You want me to be honest, right? Then this is me telling you the truth, no lies whatsoever. Today was great and all but I wish we could do this every day. I can't get enough of you Im Nayeon." She grins at the older girl. 

"So if you feel like you've done something wrong please bury the thought. You've made my day... No, I should say you made my life a lot better than it used to be. I like you, the childish, the selfish, or whatever Nayeon you show me."

And Nayeon didn't have to say a word, Jeongyeon doesn't need it. She doesn't need an answer nor assurance from the older girl. All she wants is for Nayeon to know how much she means to her.

NY : "Gomawo."

JY : "Hai, hai...... Oh, here they come."

The parade started and thankfully Nayeon forgot what she was worried about.

The older girl dance and laughs at the mascots, and the whole world goes spinning around. Jeongyeon gets drowns, the more they spent time together the more she gets lost in this abyss. 

And to think that her second love will ever feel this good, this better. Because she thought nothing will ever surpass what she had before, that's why people think it's hard to love again after your first love. It's where you learned everything, it was your standard but Nayeon seemed to broke everything about it. 

NY : "They look beautiful!" She says while she looks at the firework.

JY : "Yes, it's indeed beautiful." She said looking at Nayeon.

Nayeon finds the scenery beautiful but for Jeongyeon she's more beautiful than anything in the world.

She knows it's wrong but she knows it's gonna be worth it. She thought she's in on another roller coaster ride but the difference is she's ready. She's ready to fall deep and hard with no intention of climbing her way out. She was ready to take all the odds just for this girl in front of her. And for what? Not even the taller girl knows the exact reason, 

Yoo Jeongyeon just loves Im Nayeon so much...

Yoo Jeongyeon just loves Im Nayeon so much

---

(A/N) That's it for today, I've been seeing a lot of people who's been reading my old fics. Some even leave comments. And whenever they do I always go and read those parts again. I never really realized I've written such things hahaha. Hope everyone is having a great day. Stay safe and be healthy. I'll see you next time 😊💚💚💚

PS. Come back is nearing, hope everyone can support the girls; even without buying the album. Please send them lots of positivity and love. Let's all uncover the TASTE OF LOVE  😉😉😉😉😉🐰🐸🐷🐹🦄🐧🐥🐯🐶